Shame on Bills Fans

XXL Franchize

Living in New England I don't get to Ralph Wilson stadium often but made the trip for opening day. I always have a great experience and love being with my fellow die hard Bills fans. I had an amazing time at the game and loved every second of the beating we handed the Chiefs. But there was one thing that upset me....... In the first quarter Fitz missed an open man on an out route. It was a definite miss and it was a drive stopper as it was on third down. Then Boo's came from the crowd. It really pissed me off. I thought as Bills fans we were better than that. It was the beginning of the game and it ended up being a game that CJ spiller went OFF for the second week in a row. I understand Fitz may not look like he has polished up the way we expected with the off season. But he's still our quarterback. We don't sign the contracts and we aren't on the practice field. Fitzy is our quarterback and we owe him our support. As Bills fans I thought we ride and die together. Booing your own team feels like a Jets thing....Not a Bills thing....Fitz is a hard worker and deserves the support of the fans. When a Bills player is on the sideline and frustrated it's our job in the stadium to pick them up not put them down....... GO BILLS!!!!!!

I was at a game against the Colts in the late 80s or early 90s and we all booed Jim Kelly because he stunk up the field the first half. The Colts were a horrible team back then and they were whipping us. Funny thing he came out the second half all fired up, brought the team back, and won the game. He even made a comment after the game - something like "who replaced all the booing fans with cheering fans during halftime". Do you think cheering after a bad play is going to get a player or team fired up? Come on - think about it.

Edited by Azucho98

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are you booing? Fitz because he's not trying or doesn't care? Gailey because he continues to play him? Nix for giving him the big contract? Whose behavior are you trying to modify exactly by booing? All of the above? I'm seriously curious.

Are you the boo police? He deserved the booing, playing terrible for 10 games = boos. I booed as hard as one can boo.

I think you are fed up with that. I'm certainly not. I'd say Best Player is correct. Picks is a backup at best and once OBD comes to that realization, we can keep running the ball and shed that brutal contract we signed him to.

agree maurauder and BPA, he is a backup due to his inconsistency. im fine with your take best player. that being said Fitz did play a good game yesterday. but his arm still looked like its the worst in the league. Nice plays with feet and no INT's is all we can ask for at this point IMO.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

All Fans boo their teams or starters when they constantly underperform , it's not a Jets thing it's a sports thing.

Giants fans were booing Eli Manning---SB champ and the only really clutch QB in the league right now--in the first half of Sunday's game for chrissakes!

Anyway, first a thread scolding fans for leaving a blowout a few minutes early, now this. How about the OPs put your panties out on the clothesline ---and STFU while you wait for them to dry.

And we cheered like crazy when he hit that same throw on the opposite side later in the game.

The throw in the first was complete rubbish, and deserved to be boo'd. At that point, it looked like he was going to be continuing the poor performance that he put on display against the Jets. People didn't show up from all over to see the Bills get whooped up on. We expect progress. He ended up playing some mostly mistake free football, and got the cheers that he deserved.

Living in New England I don't get to Ralph Wilson stadium often but made the trip for opening day. I always have a great experience and love being with my fellow die hard Bills fans. I had an amazing time at the game and loved every second of the beating we handed the Chiefs. But there was one thing that upset me....... In the first quarter Fitz missed an open man on an out route. It was a definite miss and it was a drive stopper as it was on third down. Then Boo's came from the crowd. It really pissed me off. I thought as Bills fans we were better than that. It was the beginning of the game and it ended up being a game that CJ spiller went OFF for the second week in a row. I understand Fitz may not look like he has polished up the way we expected with the off season. But he's still our quarterback. We don't sign the contracts and we aren't on the practice field. Fitzy is our quarterback and we owe him our support. As Bills fans I thought we ride and die together. Booing your own team feels like a Jets thing....Not a Bills thing....Fitz is a hard worker and deserves the support of the fans. When a Bills player is on the sideline and frustrated it's our job in the stadium to pick them up not put them down....... GO BILLS!!!!!!

I'm upset the you are Booing fan$ who Boo. I don't know where it sez on ticket that I can only cheer. So you hardly come to Bills games and now you are going to tell fan$, who come all the time how to express the emotions? Boo Who!

In the first quarter Fitz missed an open man on an out route. It was a definite miss and it was a drive stopper as it was on third down. Then Boo's came from the crowd. It really pissed me off

We fans can't show frustration at a mediocre QB, who just got the big $$ with a new contract, who opens up the NFL season with 5 quarters of Ryan Leaf type QB play?

Maybe it will light a fire under Fitz's butt and force him to play better.

He definitely missed some throws but he didn't turn the ball over. He didn't have a great game or anything but my point is that fans should be extended teammates...we all want the same thing. A teammate that kicks another teammate while he's down is just a bad teammate.

I agree. It was lame. 12th man is a bitchy lady sometimes

This is really a tough one for me to understand.

I am in total agreement that it is every fan's right and obligation to express themselves based on the on-field performance. If you go to a concert and the band sucks you don't give them a standing ovation. However, Fitz is a really good guy. He has upside. There are clearly things he can do that prototypical QBs cannot always get done. He has physical limitations though. That is abundantly evident.

Right now, Fitz is the person we brought to the dance. So, do you dance with him or sit on the sidelines sulking?

I agree with the OP that we might choose to give him at least a little support and hope we can get enough from him to allow the rest of the team to carry us. If and when we have an alternative, we can call for a change.

I was sitting in the rockpile every week booing Jack Kemp and calling for Lamonica. But today, I am not going to boo Fitzy and call for the alternative which is clearly much worse.

This is really a tough one for me to understand.

I am in total agreement that it is every fan's right and obligation to express themselves based on the on-field performance. If you go to a concert and the band sucks you don't give them a standing ovation. However, Fitz is a really good guy. He has upside. There are clearly things he can do that prototypical QBs cannot always get done. He has physical limitations though. That is abundantly evident.

Right now, Fitz is the person we brought to the dance. So, do you dance with him or sit on the sidelines sulking?

I agree with the OP that we might choose to give him at least a little support and hope we can get enough from him to allow the rest of the team to carry us. If and when we have an alternative, we can call for a change.

I was sitting in the rockpile every week booing Jack Kemp and calling for Lamonica. But today, I am not going to boo Fitzy and call for the alternative which is clearly much worse.

what are these things he can do that other qb's cant? knitting? calculus? cake baking? I find this statement a little absurd, the man can barely throw a football presently. David Lee's shock therapy is not working out.

i mean theres not really that much he is doing THAT well......as of right now he is a big question mark. (ask Florio, Graham, everyone on ESPN etc)

I get the homerism, but his inconsistency is abundant.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Boo terrible plays, cheer good plays.

If you got a huge raise and subsequently screwed up for six months after it would your coworkers or boss give you a cookie?

Why should pro athletes be different?

Edited by RkFast

Come on already. Fitz has been in the Offense going on 3 years now. This team was hyped up to be a playoff team this offseason. When Your Team has been Incompetent for 11+ years, there is little room for error, in a fanbase that is sick and tired of being the laughing stock of the NFL. Justified? maybe not. Do I fully understand it. Absolutely...

Edited by mattsox

When you get a bad meal, etc. Do you go pat the cook on the back and say better luck next time. Especially if you're paying a lot of bucks for that sub-standard meal, etc.

go to a different restaurant.

When there's only one restaurant in town, the chef gets paid $10M/yrear, and you're spending 185 bucks a seat to dine there, you send the entree back to the kitchen and tell the chef to get it right - and you keep sending it back until he does. Fitz was booed, until he 'got it right'.

The fans were letting him know that, for the money he's being paid, we're not going to tolerate being served up low-grade dog-food.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

18 and 1 baby!!!!! B-)

Shut up Donahoe.

I was one of the booing masses. It was an awful pass and I wasn't booing Fitz as a person. I was booing out of utter frustration. We just watched a game where Fitz handed the Jets a victory and it looked like he was about to do the same exact thing for the Chiefs. If I could have walked over to the sideline and given an impassioned speech about how much I love the Buffalo Bills I would have. I would have told Ryan "You're better than that. You have it within you to be great. You can't miss open first down passes because keeping drives alive is what wins game...now shake it off and be great." However that wasn't an option and I was pretty drunk, so I booed.

I do have to admit that I felt kinda bad as I watched Fitz walking to the sideline, shoulders slumped and dejected. He looked like a kid who just asked a girl to prom and she laughed at him.

I don't have a problem with the booing, it is our God given right, and he did deserve it. With that being said, I believe

he stil leads the leauge for TD passes. That's what you get with Fitz, there really is not a lot of middle ground with him,

he is either terrible, or brilliant. If we can, like other posters mentioned, just have him manage the game, I think we will

start to see a little more evenness to his game