It doesn't seem really popular right now...but

People are talking about bringing in another vet and cutting Bledsoe....

WHY?

What have we seen that leads us to believe that JP Losman cannot develop into the QB we need? All we have friggen seen him do is hand the ball off.....

I mean think about it.....with the way our defense was playing today how helpful would it have been to have JP tucking and running on some of those plays when nothing was open?

All I know is I dont want Bledsoe....thats it....point...period

WHY?

What have we seen that leads us to believe that JP Losman cannot develop into the QB we need?  All we have friggen seen him do is hand the ball off.....

I mean think about it.....with the way our defense was playing today how helpful would it have been to have JP tucking and running on some of those plays when nothing was open?

188941[/snapback]

I don't want another vet. I give Losman every opportunity with the first mini-camp to show that he can be the starter at the beginning of next season.

I'm all for JP starting. That'd be the best option.

That said, I trust Wyche and Mularkey. If they feel he's not ready, then he's not ready. Fine. But if we have to go another year without JPL, let's at least not suffer with you-know-who.

WHY?

What have we seen that leads us to believe that JP Losman cannot develop into the QB we need?  All we have friggen seen him do is hand the ball off.....

188941[/snapback]

I'm all for Losman. The playbook would be vastly different with him in the lineup. Wyche came back to develop a young QB. With the long off-season program and multiple mini-camps, prior to Fisher summer camp, there is no reason to believe Losman cannot be ahead of the normal learning curve.

I'd rather see a young guy , with an actual upside, make a few mistakes and offer us some hope.

Some poeple will use the Manning example to justify a Vet and other will use Ben R. to justify a Rookie can make it.

Each situation is unique to itself. I'd like to see the kid get a shot.

So we start JP next season, what's the worse that could happen? I mean it's not like we'd lose our first 4 games and miss the playoffs? Oh wait, we already did that.

We gain nothing by starting Drew next year. Now is the time to get the youngster ready, we're already a year behind.

I'm all for Losman. I think a lot of people want another veteran because a "rookie" quarterback statistically rarely ever has a good first season, and a lot of people couldn't stomach another losing season.

I think we have the perfect situation to groom a new QB, with our team gelling so well the past season.

Actually, we're two years behind. A 3 year plan turned into a 5, maybe 6 year plan.

If they feel JP is ready, put him in. It can't get much worse.

The bottom line is, we can't start Drew again. I think almost everyone agrees on this except for, like, maybe three very loud people.

Every aspect of the team is moving forward, progressing and learning except the QB who just sits there and drags us down. At least with JP, we can improve (and as Mark pointed out, adds another dimension with his scrambling).

WHY?

188941[/snapback]

I'd say give JP first crack at it, but come on. We need some insurance. JP will basically be a rookie NEXT year! Look at Eli Manning's tribulations. We need a vet in the bull pen in case. I don't think we risk all of next year on just JP. We're not too far off, I'd hate lack of a veteran back up QB to be the reason we don't get in next year.

I'm all for JP starting. That'd be the best option.

That said, I trust Wyche and Mularkey. If they feel he's not ready, then he's not ready. Fine. But if we have to go another year without JPL, let's at least not suffer with you-know-who.

188969[/snapback]

He seemed to always be the 3rd string QB, when healthy this year. Does that mean Wyche and Mularkey thought he wasn't ready?

WHY?

188941[/snapback]

I'm all for starting JP Losman next year.

Myself, I think the anti-Losman posts are just bizarre. We simply cannot make an informed guess as to how he will eventually pan out given how incredibly little he has played. And realistically, I have news for some folks. The Bills did not invest a 1st and 2nd round pick in this guy for nothing. He WILL be the starting QB for the Bills. You might as well get used to it, because its just a matter of time before it happens.

Eli Manning is playing behind a HORRIBLE OFFENSIVE LINE. Guess what the bills have A HORRIBLE OFFENSIVE LINE TO.

I would take Eli Manning over Jp Losman any day behind a better than decent offensive line.

Let JP Losman start. You will be whineing when he screws up.

He seemed to always be the 3rd string QB, when healthy this year. Does that mean Wyche and Mularkey thought he wasn't ready?

Well, that was the indication that I got. I just don't think Wyche and Mularkey trust Losman yet, which is also why he did a lot of handing off.

Like I said, if they don't feel he's ready - and even if he is, for insurance purposes - we need to bring in another vet we can rely on that doesn't rhyme with Rew Redrow.

Eli Manning is playing behind a HORRIBLE OFFENSIVE LINE. Guess what the bills have  A HORRIBLE OFFENSIVE LINE TO.

I would take Eli Manning over Jp Losman any day behind a better than decent offensive line.

189001[/snapback]

Drew had plenty of time to throw ALL DAY today.

PAT PAT PAT, fumble..........

He seemed to always be the 3rd string QB, when healthy this year.  Does that mean Wyche and Mularkey thought he wasn't ready?

188998[/snapback]

I suspect that the Bills simply felt that Matthews would give them more consistency if he had to come in during a game due to a Bledsoe injury. Had the Bills lost a couple more games in the middle of the year and had nothing to lose, I think we would have seen Losman playing a lot.

WHY?

188941[/snapback]

No question JP should get every chance to Start next Season even if Bledsoe returns...I guess there is doubt due to the fact that JP remained #3 for the entire Season...But let's face facts, the injury REALLY screwed up his Rookie year...And it's tough enough to be a Rookie QB without spending 6 weeks on crutches... 0:)

WHY?

188941[/snapback]

Im all for Losman next year! I have every reason to believe that JP can be as good as Rothlisberger since we are so close to the Steelers in so many ways. Even if he is as bad as Eli, I still would rather have Eli as our starter than Drew right now! Eli gets better every game and you can see it on the field. JP needs to play and go through the ups and downs. With a quality supporting cast (already in place), good coaching (already in place), a Great D (already in place), a good o-line (close but a few players away), and good special teams (already in place), I expect Losman to have the luxury of not having to play great right off the bat to win but to be able to grow into the position with time.

BTW, I firmly behind us grabbing o-lineman first and foremost this off season. 0:) Especially with Jennings set to bolt.

Eli Manning is playing behind a HORRIBLE OFFENSIVE LINE. Guess what the bills have  A HORRIBLE OFFENSIVE LINE TO.

189001[/snapback]

That's absolute genious......let's pay JP first round money and have him sit on the bench.

I'm thourghly convinced that those who are still rooting for Drew Bledsoe to start next year fall into one of the following categories:

1. They are related to Drew.

2. Drew signed their chest at some function and they are still enamoured with him.

3. They are his neighbors (probably have to be next store neighbors at this point).

4. You are actually a NE, Miami or Jets fan masquerading as a Bills fan.

5. You are writing from a padded cell

6. You are a soccer mom/dad that know absolutely nothing about football.

Let the JP era begin!!

189001[/snapback]

Nice try. Our line is very good in fact. Its Drew, and his inability to throw the ball after 3 seconds, that is in fact the problem here.

Whether youd rather have Eli or not, he aint here, JP is.

And JP will start next year IMO.

BTW, dont even try to assume what I will do next year if JP plays poorly.

I would rather watch our future QB struggle and get better than our retread QB struggle and get worse!

Nice try. Our line is very good in fact. Its Drew, and his inability to throw the ball after 3 seconds, that is in fact the problem here.

Whether youd rather have Eli or not, he aint here, JP is.

And JP will start next year IMO.

BTW, dont even try to assume what I will do next year if JP plays poorly.

I would rather watch our future QB struggle and get better than our retread QB struggle and get worse!

189186[/snapback]

you have got to be joking this line is horrible. You are in a real deep fog.

189001[/snapback]

McGahee had over 1000 yards running behind behind that "crappy line". I ain't the line Sue. You can't blame the limitations of one guy on 5 others.

There have been whispers that JP is not learning the offense as quickly as the coaches want, or that he may not have the work ethic needed. They few times he was in he did not look good.

This is not to say he can't be a good QB eventually, even next year. But I do not want to piss away a season waiting for JP to get it. We are not that far from being a contender. Let's fix what needs fixing: new kicker...improved O-line...better QB, and lets make the playoffs next year. Just becuase JP was drafted, doesn't guarentee him the job.

PTR

you have got to be joking this line is horrible. You are in a real deep fog.

189212[/snapback]

Clearly you have been watching the games under a serious buzz from Stadiumwall.

I cant believe that you are naive enough to think our o-line isnt good. I just wont believe it.

McGahee had over 1000 yards running behind behind that  "crappy line".  I ain't the line Sue.  You can't blame the limitations of one guy on 5 others.

189214[/snapback]

They played teams with mediocre defenses. To improve a team you have to really upgrade the weaknesses. The main weakness is not the QB. It is what is in front of the QB.

ITS A TOTAL TEAM EFFORT.

WHY?

188941[/snapback]

Because we need to win NOW while we have a talented roster, though our heart is questionable with todays effort. Drew is Drew and probably needs to go. But to expect J.P. to do a "Roethlisburger" is a stretch. A vet is needed for next year and when JP is ready, he'll play.

Bledsoe can go to hell. I will not renew my season tickets if he is still a Bills QB next year. His INT and Fumble directly cost the Bills 10 points and the ballgame. Nobody else played particularly well today (except Willis) but Bledsoe sucked more than anybody else. He can take Josh Reed and Rian Lindell with him too. I don't care who the QB is next year (it should be Losmans job to lose) as long as it's not Bledsoe.

189001[/snapback]

I myself am not going to jump all over Sue....who is entitled to her opinion...

BUT....

We need to look at this objectively.....

- Even during the winning streak that gave us a chance to get in....Drew still didn't play all that well.....he made a play here and there....and didn't lose the game....at NO TIME did I ever get the feeling that Mularky could go to Drew and say...."we need ya buddy....take the team this one time and put it on YOUR shoulders....WIN IT FOR US".....I mean....NEVER...the most we could ask from Drew was to throw to the open guy (a LOT of poorly thrown balls)....dont take sacks.....dont make the big mistake....

- While we might win some games like that....we are NOT going to beat the good teams.....that is what happened today.....we needed to keep the chains moving when they stuffed Willis...or when WIllis went out of the game....or whatever.....to keep their running game from pounding our defense.....not only could Drew not do that he FRICKEN COUGHED IT UP RIGHT NEXT TO OUR FRIGGEN ENDZONE.....he threw one pick (could easily have been 3) with what I feel was adequate time in the pocket (not great) against the SECOND STRING DEFENSE

- There were times today when I envisioned what it might look like with Losman at QB.......1st read, 2nd read, SCRAMBLE FOR FIRST DOWN.......it would have CHANGED THE WAY PITTSBURG WAS PLAYING US

- You say not behind this O Line......personally I dont think the pass protection was that bad....BUT....I do agree that it needs to improve....we need to add starters to this line that turns it into a group that can get yards running the ball NO MATTER WHAT.....and make WIllis the focal point.....Hell...he already IS the focal point.

- I say keep Mathews as the backup......start JP Losman....or for the love of god at least have a open competition before handing it over to Bledsoe next year. I truly beleive that had Losman not gotten hurt this year he would ALREADY be the starter

That's absolute genious......let's pay JP first round money and have him sit on the bench. 

I'm thourghly convinced that those who are still rooting for Drew Bledsoe to start next year fall into one of the following categories:

1.  They are related to Drew.

2.  Drew signed their chest at some function and they are still enamoured with him.

3.  They are his neighbors (probably have to be next store neighbors at this point).

4.  You are actually a NE, Miami or Jets fan masquerading as a Bills fan.

5.  You are writing from a padded cell

6.  You are a soccer mom/dad that know absolutely nothing about football.

Let the JP era begin!!

189158[/snapback]

How about these categories.

7. Saw what the Bengals went through with Carson Palmer this year.

To refresh your memory: A very slow start that all but cost them what ever momentum they had coming off their first non losing year in about a decade.

8. Saw what the Jets did by letting Pennington not start until early on in his 3rd year.

To refresh your memory: Win the AFC East and a first round playoff game.

Anyone here ever think how good this team might be or end up being with a qb who is alot more mobile than Drew. Sue do you realize how much Drew ties up the offensive coordinater's hands by not being able to roll out of the pocket just a little bit? Alot... The playbook will be deeper with J.P. as the starter. More options than Drew in so many different ways. I don't care if next year we don't make the playoffs and who's to say that JP won't be the next Rothlesberger? Do YOU know that. NO... But, all I know is that J.P. was drafted in the first round of the 2004 draft and Drew's time in Buffalo is almost up. So all the Drew fluffers, wake up and smell the Maxwell House brewing cause there is no way that first round draft pick will be sitting the bench next year.

AAAAArrrrrrrrrrGGGGGGGGGGGHhhhhhhhhhhh!

Oh and what I saw today from this team made me absolutetly sick. And when I saw the Jets score I thought it wasn't really happening. This team didn't deserve to go to the playoffs and I for one am glad they didn't back into the dance. All I know is that next year we are going to be tough and I can't wait. I'm proud of them just as much as I'am pi$$ed. And Kudos to the coaching staff for holding them together as long as they did this year. Great job! But don't worry we will be back oh yes we will be....

What happens if the coaching staff knows something we don't, like:

After dealing with Losman they feel he is another Billy Joe Hobert?

How in the heck will they ever save face?

Doom the team and play him anyway?

WTF do you do in that situation when even the experts and coaching staff know that they might have effed up? Admit it?

I just really hope the kid can play or show a little something that might warrant a crack at it?

Sounds bizzarre? I am sure things like that happen... Especially at QB.

So we start JP next season, what's the worse that could happen?  I mean it's not like we'd lose our first 4 games and miss the playoffs?  Oh wait, we already did that.

We gain nothing by starting Drew next year.  Now is the time to get the youngster ready, we're already a year behind.

188977[/snapback]

1.) JP fell way behind this year due to his injury

2.) MM made a statement to JP when he was inserted into the Pats game (was JP unprepared? Admittedly.)

I don't believe JP was ready to go this year, mentally or physically.

Now with that said, I pray that he's given a crash course in QB 101 and spends his entire off season working with Wyche and staff to be 100% ready this year when camp opens. Will JP make this commitment?

1.)  JP fell way behind this year due to his injury

2.) MM made a statement to JP when he was inserted into the Pats game (was JP unprepared? Admittedly.)

I don't believe JP was ready to go this year, mentally or physically.

Now with that said, I pray that he's given a crash course in QB 101 and spends his entire off season working with Wyche and staff to be 100% ready this year when camp opens.  Will JP make this commitment?

190080[/snapback]

I hope so. I really, really hope so! If they could just implant MaGahee's spirit into Losman, the Bills would be fine.