My Experience At The Game

I get up early, pick up my ex girlfriend and head out to Jersey from Queens. We get to the parking lot and Jets fans are giving me Hell. It took me 45 minutes trying to find a spot to park even though I had a parking pass because Jets fans took up 3 parking spots each with long tables for there food and beverages. I was laughing at all the Jets fans coming up to my window while I'm driving at an incredible 1mph. I was laughing at all the Booooo's, and Buffalo suckssss, and get the f outta here's. But as soon as someone threw a cork or piece of wood on my car I drew the line. I get out the car and I'm cursing at whoever threw it and I'm outraged. No one obviously wanted to come forward and say that they did it cuz I was fuming. I was ready to get arrested at that point.

I can handle verbal abuse. I been going to Bills vs. Jets games in their home for 5 years straight now but most of them were meaningless games.

This was the season opener so there was actual value to this game which is why it was obviously crowded in the lots for a change.

So I get back in the car and respectfully ask a couple old timers I saw a few yards up if they would mind if they moved their table vertically instead of horizontally so I could park and finally make it into the stadium. They helped a brother out and did just that and as soon as I parked I finished a 12 oz. of Heineken in 2 sips 2 relieve the stress I was put through...

My ex was looking good so I thought maybe a couple of these young drunk dudes might say something stupid but they were respectful in that aspect... Walking to the stadium was also funny as I heard all the comments but like I said, the verbal comments just make me laugh as long as I dont get touched physically by anything...

It also was cool high fiving all the Bills fan in the lot walking towards the stadium also. We get to the stadium and then the mess of a game happens and we left in the 3rd quarter after the Jets made the score 34-14 or something like that...

I obviously hate the Jets and their fans cuz they're in our division but after today, I hate them even more.

I'm sure our Buffalo fans are no picnic to Jets fans coming to the Ralph either so I understand why I had the experience I did. At the end of the day I'm more upset with Fitz than anybody else and after the experience in the parking lot, I will never drive to Met Life stadium again... I will be taking the train that stops right in front of the stadium...

Back when you could smoke at the Ralph, my buddy and I hung out with a Jets fan for a while at half time and shot the breeze over a smoke. He and his wife go to one Jets game a year, always in Buffalo. They drive all the way up from Jersey to watch the games in OP. He hates the atmosphere in the Meadowlands at Jets home games and would rather drive to Buffalo to watch them play in an away venue. He said "Fireman Ed" was an A-hole.

I took the train to the stadium to avoid traffic and no parking. It was alot of Bills fans out yesterday and they was rowdy, I enjoyed some fun with them. I don't drink so normally i'm much more mellow than everyone else. But when that game started I was heated from the gate. A jets fan decided to spit on me and verbally assault me and my girl, at that point enough was enough. After two blows to his already ugly face, a ticket and a fine, and being rejected and told not to comeback to the stadium this year. I actually felt much better. I can't wait to visit the Ralph and be around the mass of Bills fans. The Jets are the f'in worst. But one paid the price for the rest.

Actually I didn't get any real grief from Jets fans yesterday, other than an occaisional "Yo, Buffalo!" And I was wearing a Bills jersey. I walked from lot K over by the Timex building all the way to the NYCBB tailgate at the Izod Center. I think they all felt sorry for me.

PTR

I stopped going to the Bills jets game at the Meadowlands 7 years ago after ending up in a fight w a guy I attempted to walk away from and then breaking up fights in the parking lot between NYCBBB members and jets fans. Went to the Bills Giants game last year (Giants fans are totally different than jets fans) and had a great time. Decided to go to the jets game this year because it was the opener. I was skeptical but fortunately had no problems. We parked in lot 26 by the Bills tailgate and it was a lot of fun......well that is till the Bills took the field......

It's amazing the people you can meet when you're not harassing them because they're fans of the other team. In the 90's, my friends and I stopped some Bears fans from being hassled by other Bills fans in the parking lot after the Bills beat them. We ended up hanging out with these guys for about two hours after the game, and we had a blast. They had their trunk stocked with Heineken, and we traded burgers for beers. Two really good guys who drove in from Chicago with a lot of great stories about the city and the team. NFL games are a great way to meet people from all over the country.

It's amazing the people you can meet when you're not harassing them because they're fans of the other team. In the 90's, my friends and I stopped some Bears fans from being hassled by other Bills fans in the parking lot after the Bills beat them. We ended up hanging out with these guys for about two hours after the game, and we had a blast. They had their trunk stocked with Heineken, and we traded burgers for beers. Two really good guys who drove in from Chicago with a lot of great stories about the city and the team. NFL games are a great way to meet people from all over the country.

I agree. There is a big difference between poking some fun at the other guys -vs- getting into a fight. We had some dolphins fans in our crew a few years ago for the opener (my buddie's cousins, they all flew up for the game). Somebody texted the fan-narc security number on them within 30 seconds of them sitting in their seats. Thankfully a few people around us vouched for them and told the security what happened, nothing.

I always liked talking smack with the other fans. Usually the Bills provide them with some ammo to fire back with.

I don't understand violent, moronic behavior against visiting fans at any stadium whether it's Met Life or RWS. Everyone is there to enjoy a football game, but there's always some dinkywonker who takes it personally that there is a visiting fan in their stadium.

Edited by Golden Wheels

I don't understand violent, moronic behavior against visiting fans at any stadium whether it's Met Life or RWS. Everyone is there to enjoy a football game, but there's always some dinkywonker who takes it personally that there is a visiting fan in their stadium.

When a group of like minded !@#$s who call themselves fans gets together with copious amounts of alcohol you can bet that they will attempt to out !@#$ each other at the expense of someone there to just enjoy the game. And what makes it worse is often the person on the receiving end is a kid.

Fortunately those people are in the minority at the Ralph, but it is very embarrassing when the !@#$s are wearing a Bills jersey.

I get up early, pick up my ex girlfriend and head out to Jersey from Queens. We get to the parking lot and Jets fans are giving me Hell. It took me 45 minutes trying to find a spot to park even though I had a parking pass because Jets fans took up 3 parking spots each with long tables for there food and beverages. I was laughing at all the Jets fans coming up to my window while I'm driving at an incredible 1mph. I was laughing at all the Booooo's, and Buffalo suckssss, and get the f outta here's. But as soon as someone threw a cork or piece of wood on my car I drew the line. I get out the car and I'm cursing at whoever threw it and I'm outraged. No one obviously wanted to come forward and say that they did it cuz I was fuming. I was ready to get arrested at that point.

You were ready to get arrested before you even parked your car? Because someone threw a cork at your car? Gee, I can't imagine why Jets fans were picking on you.

:doh:

The fan problem at away games is not limited to the JEts home games. In Buffalo, everything is good natured with visiting fans. BUT, my son was in Pittsburg for two years (grad school), and we know to NEVER go to a Steelers game with a Bills logo anything on. Sad, lots of crazy people in this world. I wonder if Roger Godell will ever come down on that type of behaviour at NFL games.

You were ready to get arrested before you even parked your car? Because someone threw a cork at your car? Gee, I can't imagine why Jets fans were picking on you.

:doh:

You wanna talk smack? I can take that. I eat those comments for breakfast. But when you start damaging something that I work 5 days of hard labor to pay for, then we have a f----ng problem get it? Not all of us are as cool calm and collected as you! So to answer you yes, I will go to jail for someone damaging my car on purpose!

I can handle verbal abuse. I been going to Bills vs. Jets games in their home for 5 years straight now but most of them were meaningless games.

This was the season opener so there was actual value to this game which is why it was obviously crowded in the lots for a change.

So I get back in the car and respectfully ask a couple old timers I saw a few yards up if they would mind if they moved their table vertically instead of horizontally so I could park and finally make it into the stadium. They helped a brother out and did just that and as soon as I parked I finished a 12 oz. of Heineken in 2 sips 2 relieve the stress I was put through...

My ex was looking good so I thought maybe a couple of these young drunk dudes might say something stupid but they were respectful in that aspect... Walking to the stadium was also funny as I heard all the comments but like I said, the verbal comments just make me laugh as long as I dont get touched physically by anything...

It also was cool high fiving all the Bills fan in the lot walking towards the stadium also. We get to the stadium and then the mess of a game happens and we left in the 3rd quarter after the Jets made the score 34-14 or something like that...

I obviously hate the Jets and their fans cuz they're in our division but after today, I hate them even more.

I'm sure our Buffalo fans are no picnic to Jets fans coming to the Ralph either so I understand why I had the experience I did. At the end of the day I'm more upset with Fitz than anybody else and after the experience in the parking lot, I will never drive to Met Life stadium again... I will be taking the train that stops right in front of the stadium...

Maybe this will cheer everybody up. A pic of your EX?

You wanna talk smack? I can take that. I eat those comments for breakfast. But when you start damaging something that I work 5 days of hard labor to pay for, then we have a f----ng problem get it? Not all of us are as cool calm and collected as you! So to answer you yes, I will go to jail for someone damaging my car on purpose!

How is throwing a cork at your car going to damage it? If the guy whipped as hard as he could from point blank range at your car I doubt it would even make a scratch. It sounds like you were looking for a fight as soon as you drove into the parking lot.

How is throwing a cork at your car going to damage it? If the guy whipped as hard as he could from point blank range at your car I doubt it would even make a scratch. It sounds like you were looking for a fight as soon as you drove into the parking lot.

Ok dude... Let's drop this convo about my car and if it helps to end it sooner let's say I was looking for a fight and I have anger issues and so on and so on ok? cool?

Maybe this will cheer everybody up. A pic of your EX?

Sure I dont mind I just dont know how to send an attachment on here... Lemme give it a try...

I tried. It said the file is too big to upload...

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

Had a great day at the game. Usual trashtalking from Jets fans. If you're not looking for trouble in that stadium, you won't find it.

Same here. Any ribbing was good natured...nothing violent or disrespectful. Had a pick up football game in the lot with some Jets fans and some Bills fans before the game. No problems at all. I was wearing a Bills jersey...no issues.

Ok dude... Let's drop this convo about my car and if it helps to end it sooner let's say I was looking for a fight and I have anger issues and so on and so on ok? cool?

Sure I dont mind I just dont know how to send an attachment on here... Lemme give it a try...

I tried. It said the file is too big to upload...

Hey no problem. When you go into enemy territory you got to expect stuff like that to happen. To be honest your lucky you didn't get your tires slashed. If the Jets lost that is what probably would of happened.

Hope you consider what's higher...your insurance deductable or bail? As for working "5 days of hard labor," many employers look down on an arrest record, no matter how worthy the cause!

I've seen so much bad behavior from fans at opposing stadiums, I can't point to any particular group as being worse than any other. I've seen Bills fans in OP being total jerks. I guess the most respectful group I've ever seen was in Seattle. I never heard one comment the whole time I was there. In fact, the fans around us were about as cool as can be.

Actually I didn't get any real grief from Jets fans yesterday, other than an occaisional "Yo, Buffalo!" And I was wearing a Bills jersey. I walked from lot K over by the Timex building all the way to the NYCBB tailgate at the Izod Center. I think they all felt sorry for me.

PTR

Might have something to do with you being 7 feet tall and 400 lbs. Just sayin... :flirt:

I've seen so much bad behavior from fans at opposing stadiums, I can't point to any particular group as being worse than any other. I've seen Bills fans in OP being total jerks. I guess the most respectful group I've ever seen was in Seattle. I never heard one comment the whole time I was there. In fact, the fans around us were about as cool as can be.

==========================================================================

+1 on Seattle, great crowd, I'll be there for the Jets game in Nov.

I traveled to out of town games for years.. Never did I wear Bills gear (I hated to be verbally abused and pelted with trash).. Instead, I would buy a hat for whatever City I happened to be visiting and proceed to cheer for the Bills... This caused confusion amid the ranks of the enemy and in the event of a Bills victory, it help facilitate my escape from hostile parking lots..

Whenever the Jet played in Buffalo, there would be tons of fights because of all the UB students from NYC and Lon Guyland. Best punchI saw thrown was by a woman. Her boyfriend and a Jets fan are arguing in the row in front of her. Suddenly, she reaches over her boyfriend's shoulder and sucker punches him. Down he went. She must have been about 5'4" tall and maybe 100 lbs sopping wet. Luckily caught it in my binoculars in the end zone from our seats on the goal line. We didn't have any fight in our season ticket section.

worst fan violance ive witnessed was at the 92championship game in miami. after the bills defeated the dolphins a fins fan said something to a bills fan in the tunnel leaving the stands the bills fan laid the guy out on the concrete with one punch when the guy hit the floor his head split wide open laying in a pool of blood, guy might have died didnt stick around to see

Sorry, fan violence is never cool. Been to many games at many stadiums. You've got to expect some grief when you're in an opposing stadium. I always took it with good nature but when I've got kids with me its a different story. If it goes over the line, whatever your line is, call security. I did it to Bills fans who went across the line with a Pats fan in the 300 level last year.......Guy and his kid....drunk bills fan giving him sh.t.....continually..... I'm one row behind, ask him to stop, ask his friends to help me make him stop. They try...They knew it was out of line....text security.. problem solved.....Only problem is that guy and his kid (probably 8 yrs old) got up and left. What do you think their impression of Bills fans is? Anyway, going to the Cleveland game and tailgaiting with a bunch of Browns fans. Will wear my Bills stuff once I get inside. Learned my lesson. Easier to stuff my Bills stuff where it can't be seen till I get inside.