Easley=this years mike jasper

djp14150

Interesting conspiracy theory

http://bleacherrepor...buffalos-roster

The idea that Chan basically buried Easley in order to get him on the PS this season. Which is similar to what was done with Jasper last season....he was listed as a DT but then he flips to an OL on the PS.

Going into last season he was slated as the #2 WR. Given his heart condition and the uncertainty Gailey wants to ease him back intot he game.

Edited by djp14150

The idea that Chan basically buried Easley in order to get him on the PS this season. Which is similar to what was done with Jasper last season....he was listed as a DT but then he flips to an OL on the PS.

Going into last season he was slated as the #2 WR. Given his heart condition and the uncertainty Gailey wants to ease him back intot he game.

There's no question that Nix is an old fox and knows all the tricks.

His best trick has been making Jasper completely disappear. Dumb article-you don't put your "number 2 receiver" on the PS. He's completely healthy and likely has been for many months. He's not good enough to play. No conspiracy here

Yep, pretty simple. Can't read too much in to it. If a WR gets hurts Easley gets called up.

I don't think its a conspiracy. I think its good management. Easley is a guy, who with more tape, likely would not have made it through waivers. They obviously think he and Aiken can play. Thats why they are back with the team. I am willing to bet that Easley is the first guy pulled to the active Roster from the PS. Maybe even before they head to Jersey this weekend.

His best trick has been making Jasper completely disappear.

He didn't make Jasper "completely disappear". After a season on the PS and a full off-season, Jasper wasn't hacking it against NFL competition, so we cut him.

He was considered interesting enough to sign by the Titans, where he didn't catch on. (Unless you call being signed by the Titans, "completely disappearing"?)

Easley was no way our #2 WR this camp, we'll never know if it was because of his play, or because his exposure was limited. But I'm quite sure if he stays on our PS and can't hack it next pre-season, he'll be gone.

Yep, pretty simple. Can't read too much in to it. If a WR gets hurts Easley gets called up.

From how the reps and depth chart were working, they would call back Hagan or Rosie first if they go unsigned.

His best trick has been making Jasper completely disappear. Dumb article-you don't put your "number 2 receiver" on the PS. He's completely healthy and likely has been for many months. He's not good enough to play. No conspiracy here

While I'm not buying the super-secret tactics either, I don't think you can surmise Easley being healthy for "many months" means he yet understands all of the aspects of being a pro WR. Recall, he played for a run-heavy college team and only had one breakout season. Then, immediate injury his rookie season, no offseason OTAs the next year because of the lockout, the heart condition...he still really hasn't had very much work or practice time with the NFL club. Obviously the Bills believe he has potential, or there'd be no reason to PS him in the first place.

Yeah,... we have too much time on our hands to dream up situations.... what you said!

He didn't make Jasper "completely disappear". After a season on the PS and a full off-season, Jasper wasn't hacking it against NFL competition, so we cut him.

He was considered interesting enough to sign by the Titans, where he didn't catch on. (Unless you call being signed by the Titans, "completely disappearing"?)

Easley was no way our #2 WR this camp, we'll never know if it was because of his play, or because his exposure was limited. But I'm quite sure if he stays on our PS and can't hack it next pre-season, he'll be gone.

From how the reps and depth chart were working, they would call back Hagan or Rosie first if they go unsigned.

He cut Jasper after a single season of "hiding him" on the PS. He's gone, disappeared, poof. It doesn't matter who sniffed him after Chan heaved him into the dumpster.

Easley's play was limited because he didn't impress the coaching staff as much as the guys ahead of him. Otherwise he wouldn't be the one cut and sent to the PS. There is no other reason. No trickery. The Bleacher Report article sounds like something a couple dozen guys here would cook up to rationalize why Chan would cut their guy Easley-to whom many threads were devoted this offseason.

While I'm not buying the super-secret tactics either, I don't think you can surmise Easley being healthy for "many months" means he yet understands all of the aspects of being a pro WR. Recall, he played for a run-heavy college team and only had one breakout season. Then, immediate injury his rookie season, no offseason OTAs the next year because of the lockout, the heart condition...he still really hasn't had very much work or practice time with the NFL club. Obviously the Bills believe he has potential, or there'd be no reason to PS him in the first place.

Yes, obviously they think he has potential. I don't recall anyone giving the excuses you just listed as to why he might be cut say, 2 months ago here at TSW. In fact, despite all you just listed, the opposite picture was being painted here about Easley and what he was going to do for the offense.

Edited by Mr. WEO

Does this mean Easley is now a DB to complete the analogical construct? B-)

First off Jasper was a nice guy but would have never made a cfl roster at any position.Yeah I am sure they hoped Easley would be there for the practice squad. But he has no experience. How people come up with such nonsense I have no idea. It really paid off to put Jasper at DT he is going to start this year at guard right. Nix must be a magician!

There was period where we weren't sure that Easley would qualify for P squad this year. It turns out he is. thank goodness. seriously best of posibbles for all parties.

hell yes we played him down!

Now alllow me to add tincture to the conspiracy solution. Gailey is only keeping 4 WR with Brad Smith hurt? Really?

Stay tuned. Same Bat Time same Bat channel. naana naana naana naana, naana naana naana naana.... Nixster!