[closed]Run the Damn Ball

Boludo

Four WRs is plenty (plus Brad "Bubble Screen" Smith).

With our nasty D-line and great running backs (and less than top tier QB), we need to play more like the 49ers and less like the Saints. Maybe we'll see more play action too.

Line em up and smash mouth!

I couldnt agree more. I hope Chan does not use the shotgun empty backfield half as much this year. I understand the Oline was nicked up last year, but not even making a d have to play the run was frustrating. Chan did this many times early in the season even before Fred J. was hurt.

Hopefully this year Chan goes with more conventional O formations. 2 wr's, 1 TE, and, 2 running backs. Put Fred or CJ in motion to the slot. This still allows a lot of running and passing options. it will keep the D more honest. Especially the lineman. I know Chan has forgotten more football then i will know. But as a guy that played oline into college i always hated it when a Dlineman KNEW it was a pass play and did not have to even respect the run.

I'm down with running more. To put it in perspective here's what the league did last year. Playing from behind it makes sense we'd be a little higher. I think getting around 55% pass 45% run would be around where we belong. With the extra rushing the averages likely slip a little bit for ypc, but thats ok.

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/passing-play-pct

I've said this many times this off season. If Chan outsmarts himself and we get too pass happy, especially after halftime with the lead we will end up being a 8-8 team. If he gets to running the ball like a San Fran, Baltimore, Pittsburgh (of fhier SB years) type offense where we run it down thier throats we will win 10-11 games this year. More play action means more options in the passing games.

They threw more because they were down by the 2nd qtr. The d was terrible. I'm still not buying into Fitzpatrick. The Jackson trade was stupid. Young knew more unless gailey sees what salt of people see. Fitz is a backup a best.

Very true, costly penalties and late starts force us into long 3rd downs and a mountain to climb on a scoreboard. Vince has 1 good run and 1 good pass surrounded by some of the worst quarterbacking ever, he looked like a bad JP losman and Jp losman is already bad. Fitz gives us a chance to win he is better than some of the starters out there he cant make a bad team good but he can play well with a good supporting cast and the players seem to be high on him.