Who do you want on the Bills practice squad?????

G-Daddy

I would imagine at least two WR on the practice squad. Easley for sure, if he doesn't get picked up elsewhere, and probably Aiken. I don't think any of our other WR are eligible. Perhaps someone from another team...

how many spots are on the PS?

my 8 from our cuts would be:

WR Kamar Aiken

OL Mark Asper

LB Tank Carder

WR Marcus Easley

DT Jarron Gilbert

WR Derek Hagan

P Shawn Powell

DB Nick Saenz

2 maybe 3 will be replaced by other teams players...

below is the list per Brown from the Bills website of the eligible players they cut for PS -

WR Kamar Aiken

OL Mark Asper

RB Zach Brown

LB Tank Carder

OL James Carmon

WR Marcus Easley

DE Robert Eddins

DT Jarron Gilbert

DB Isaiah Green

WR Derek Hagan

P Shawn Powell

DB Nick Saenz

OL David Snow

OL Keith Williams

Edited by Tsaikotic

Powell also.

Powell - a 6'4" 248-pound punter/kicker with a cannon of a leg (also handled placement holds at FSU) - would be a wise addition to the PS, with Moorman a 37 year-old free agent next season.

Also, we have no developmental QB right now, and I really don't see Thigpen lasting beyond a few games - or Smith lasting beyond this season.

We cut 10 players a week ago - I'd love to see Josh Nesbitt back on the PS, as a developmental QB, RB, safety, whatever (he plays multiple positions). There must have been something Gailey loved about the kid to recruit him at Georgia Tech (where he had an outstanding career as a versatile passing/hard-running QB), and then to sign Nesbitt here with the Bills as an undrafted FA.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

Edited by The Senator

according to the buffalo news article :

The released Bills who have too much game experience to qualify for a practice squad are: Roosevelt, Hagan, Martin, Brock, Edwards, Heard and McKillop.

And yet Chris Brown has Hagan on his list of eligibles. Strange. I would have thought Hagan has too much experience myself, he was drafted in 2006

Edit: Chris Brown has edited his blog post to remove Hagen

Edited by Hopeful

Dumb PS question: Does the practice squad roster carry over in any way from year to year, or is the squad essentially built from scratch at the end of each preseason?

No.

Teams can sign anyone eligible. They would like to sign their own guys. They don't have to.

There are a list of rules on players beng eligible. Generally they can do two years on thePS. Even in one year of play. A player can play two many games to be in eligible for PS.

I think Michael jasper is a possibility. He got cut by he titans.