Bills and Jets Defence

Tom stahl

John Clayton and another guy from espn thinks the Jets have a better D than we do. I kinda have to disagree with that a little. I think the jets linebackers are better than ours but i like our line and cb's better even tho they have DR we all seen what Stevie did to him last year. What do you guys think?

John Clayton and another guy from espn thinks the Jets have a better D than we do. I kinda have to disagree with that a little. I think the jets linebackers are better than ours but i like our line and cb's better even tho they have DR we all seen what Stevie did to him last year. What do you guys think?

Until we see otherwise, I have to agree that the Jets D is better. Not sure why you like two first year starters at CB more than two of the better players at the position in Revis and Cromartie. They are what makes that defense go. And Ryan is great at scheming his defense, especially when the offense has poor down/distance situations. The Jests' D is tough. And I can't disagree it's better than ours until further notice.

GO BILLS!!!

If you think he Bills have a better Defense, I would strongly urge you to re-evaluate your position.

LoL ha good laugh. you are right of course.

I expect our defense to really come on last half of season.

Let me tell you why. Youth at potentially 3 CB positions. Brooks, Happy, them almost new Williams. Then Searcy and more importantly another sophomore in Sheppard. ( Big Shoes there).

These guys all have alot of potential. serious potential. But we are depending on them First game against Jets.

Trial by fire nearly for the kids. But should be a confidence buider

Like i said, I can see a mighty, mighty starting defensive showing up once the season gets going.

Once the rookies get their shoes tied tight they are going to be a force. imho of course

Edited by 3rdand12

I thiink our starting offensive line is better than the jets starting offensive line. Because of the jets Oline, you will see the Bills Dline wreak havoc on Sanchez and the Jets. I have a sense that Marcell and Kyle will be unleashed like a pair of rabid dogs. Williams, Anderson and Kelsay will clean up.

The jets defense has experience playing at an elite level, ours is yet to show it can do so for 60 minutes.

A more important question is how well our D matches up to their O, and visa versa. The Jets current O-line issues and their paper-thin depth at WR vs. our improved pass rush are going to force them to run and absolutely hobble their starting QB. They've also lost one TE and another is questionable. If our run D is as improved as advertised, I would say that we have a positive match-up regardless of how our Defenses compare.

On the other side of the ball, I wonder how well our O-line will hold up? If Fitz gets enough time in the pocket, Chan's spread offense might play well. We know Stevie can handle Revis. But, I think we are going to need to see some real production from some of our other receivers.

We have talent, but have yet to show we can play as a team on Sunday

A more important question is how well our D matches up to their O, and visa versa. The Jets current O-line issues and their paper-thin depth at WR vs. our improved pass rush are going to force them to run and absolutely hobble their starting QB. They've also lost one TE and another is questionable. If our run D is as improved as advertised, I would say that we have a positive match-up regardless of how our Defenses compare.

On the other side of the ball, I wonder how well our O-line will hold up? If Fitz gets enough time in the pocket, Chan's spread offense might play well. We know Stevie can handle Revis. But, I think we are going to need to see some real production from some of our other receivers.

Actually I think the Jets D matches up pretty well vs Buffalo's offense.

Buffalo has one strong WR and the Jet can put Revis on him. Yes Stevie did well in one game last season and he might make some plays here and there vs the Jets but I doubt the Bills can make a living throwing against Revis. The Bills have a rookie at LT and either a first year starter or a player who hasn't played all preseason at RT. The Jets have one of the most complex and effective blitzing schemes in the NFL. Plus the Bills haven't been to effective vs much simpler blitzing in the preseason. The Jets are at home so crowd noise will further hinder the tackles and line communication in general. The Bills will need to run the ball effectively but they are not really a running team so they would have to go against character to do this and I don't think Chan will. Finally, the Bills starting O and Fitz in particular hasn't looked stellar this preseason.

I agree that the Bills D matches up well vs the Jets O so this is going to be a defensive battle with a few big plays deciding things. That worries me when we have so much youth in the defensive secondary, but they're just going to have to hold up for the Bills to win.

Edited by vincec

Jets D is probably better I think. The Bills line should be better, but the Bills are largely young and unproven (so far anyway) at DB. The Jets LBs are [significantly] better than the Bills counterparts. And in a lot of ways, LBs are more important overall than line.

If the Jets O somehow manages to get their **** together they could be formidable.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Stevie had 11 receptions for a total of 159 yards and 1 TD total for both games against the Jets last year. Good games certainly, but not anything that can't and won't happen to each of the Bills corners on a regular basis. As of right now the Jets corners are by far better than Buffalo's.

Our guys need to prove themselves on the field. That being said, I don't count what has happened during this preseason as a true indication of how our guys will play this year.

I worry about our LBs. I think they are good enough, but they could be our weakest link. Im not sure how Ryan plans to rush the passer without blitzing

Do you think that will hurt the Bills against teams with good TE(s)?? The TE craze is the latest thing in the NFL after all lol

Even great defenses can't spend the majority of the games play time on the field. Which D will keep their offense on the field longer? Theirs or ours? Which O will help themselves out by converting 1st downs more? Theirs or ours?

I'm not scared of their D and I am damn sure not scared of their O.

You guys want to talk about the strengths of this Jets D but Fitz will be attacking their weaknesses, not their strengths. This is what you should focus on. I'm pretty sure that's how the whole offense is looking at it as well.