NFL RUMOR: Bills close to waiving Vince Young

HOUSE

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much of a shocker when you consider they aren't keeping him AND Thigpen. It's one or the other.

When they signed VY, I naturally assumed Thigpen would be gone. But since VY hasn't clearly established him as better than Thigpen at this point (and I'd even argue the opposite), I have little faith he will suddenly make great strides.

I also think it'd be foolish to cut VY before at least giving him a shot in the preseason. There is always a chance the Bills D is just so good that they are making both backups look bad. I don't think that's the whole story. VY plays best when he can improvise, and that simply isn't a part of Gailey's offense. Then again, VY could go maverick and run sandlot plays to prove his worth in the preseason.

Either way, I question the "source" saying something that everyone who has been paying attention has already considered a distinct possibility.

I'll believe if when I see it. I don't think VY will emerge as a starter as some originally thought but he hasn't been putrid. I'd still rather have him than TT by that's up to the coaches and I am not one to discount that if it happens.

I have to admit, I am pulling for VY....but I also think Thigpen is a bit better than people seem to think... that said:

I was one of those underwhelmed when the Bills hired Chan Gailey... he wasn't the big name guy I was hoping for, at that time...but he has won me over... the first move he made to make me think he was a guy I wanted coaching the Bills, was cutting Trent Edwards. Many were critical of the timing of the move, but he blew me away with the honesty of his explanation for the move (I am paraphrasing): "I just had to make sure I had given this guy a chance, with this coaching staff. He practiced hard, and was dedicated, but, at the end of the day, we decided we had to move in a different direction... I didn't ever want to look at the bench, and be tempted to go with that option (Edwards) again, because I know it would be a step back from where we want to be"....

If this is True, I will be shocked, Thigpen again in 2012?

Geeez,

http://www.rantsport...ck-vince-young/

Nothing to see here folks Move along.

As far as I can tell rantsports is a poor mans WalterFootball and Adam McGill is a poor mans Walter Cherkowski or whatever his name is.

(Anyone with better knowledge kindly correct me)

This is pure fan speculation without any inside gouge, far as I can tell.

That site has incredibly low barriers to entry. Staff, indeed:

http://www.rantsports.com/staff/

Too funny:

"The quickly growing Rant Sports network will give you the opportunity to be your own writer, with your own personality, and settle for the best of the best sports minds on the internet today."

http://www.rantsports.com/about/

Maybe they should advertise for 'talent' on the back of matchbook covers...

Edited by Lurker

Let me take this opportunity to remind everyone that Vince Young was cut by Philly and replaced with TRENT EDWARDS!

Vince signed a one year deal and refused the two year deal Philly wanted last year.

So no, he wasn't cut.

The article is nothing but groundless speculation... and, yet, it wouldn't surprise me if Young gets cut. By all accounts, VY has been terrible.

I wonder if the Bills might bring in a veteran QB after all the clubs finish trimming their rosters. There's bound to be a couple decent late cuts.

Let me take this opportunity to remind everyone that Vince Young was cut by Philly and replaced with TRENT EDWARDS!

I listen to WIP sports radio out of Philly all the time, and they had absolutely zero interest in keeping VY around after last season. One of the hosts was citing a source within the organziation and really throwing the guy under the bus. They made no effort to bring him back.