You want a position to worry about?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BY will win the job and he will be fine. He's rhe type of QB that you can just Turow him in there and let Jim do what he needs to do to win. If that means running from the QB position more than expected so be it. I have faith in VY being a quality backup to Fitz.

PTR. Your gloom and doom is tiring. Picking on two guys who are still learning the offense and will either A) not make the team or B) may never see the field.

It's still pre-season you don't need to bury the team yet. just once can you find something positive to say about the Bills?

BY will win the job and he will be fine. He's rhe type of QB that you can just Turow him in there and let Jim do what he needs to do to win. If that means running from the QB position more than expected so be it. I have faith in VY being a quality backup to Fitz.

this is either so brilliant i cant understand it or the weirdest set of typos ive ever seen

PTR. Your gloom and doom is tiring. Picking on two guys who are still learning the offense and will either A) not make the team or B) may never see the field.

It's still pre-season you don't need to bury the team yet. just once can you find something positive to say about the Bills?

Either somebody dropkicked my sarcasm meter in the throat, or you've been "misremembering" PTR's posts. His sarcasm towards those who truly are doom-and-gloom are nearing legendary status.

He's one of the most positive posters (in a weird, sarcastic way) on the board.

Also, your screen name is hindering any chance of you being taken seriously, just an FYI.

I am hoping that Young wins the job because his physical talent is huge. Chan's comments are worrisome he is not the kind of coach that singles out a position without a reason. You have to wonder if he is looking to bring someone else in. I also think he may be thinking that VY is not working hard enough on the mental side of it. I think Thigpen is hopeless just not enough talent. VY has the physical talent but as we have seen so much of being a QB is mental. You have to wonder if VY can get it done.

I sure as heck don't!

Read between the lines of this quote from David Lee in Mark Gaughan's article this morning, talking about Vince Young and the backup QB battle:

"When you get a guy that's really great at something - and he's a great runner - it makes him exceptional and it makes him more difficult to defend, and it gives you a chance for more big plays," Lee said. "That's what we saw Sunday night. We're not discouraging that. It's something you can't coach."

My guess is that their thinking with Young is that they have a truly exceptional talent and they can teach him the other stuff. Chan did it with Kordell Stewart and Young is better than Kordell. Remember, people knock him for his intelligence too. It's sad that in 2012 that African-American QBs are still stereotyped as great athletes and short on intelligence. Actually, it's worse than sad, it's pathetic.

My guess is that their thinking with Young is that they have a truly exceptional talent and they can teach him the other stuff. Chan did it with Kordell Stewart and Young is better than Kordell. Remember, people knock him for his intelligence too. It's sad that in 2012 that African-American QBs are still stereotyped as great athletes and short on intelligence. Actually, it's worse than sad, it's pathetic.

Based on Chris Brown's practice notes, I'm more worried about LT. He wrote that Gailey "didn't sound all that pleased" with how things were going and from the other camp reports is appears that both Hairston and Glenn have been getting worked by the DL.

Edited by vincec

Its clear that Fitz is the best we have. Though, according to some, we can pick up any scrub off the street draft any highly-hyped prospect in the first round and march straight to the Superbowl.

Fixed. At least that's my perception of the popular mantra. Though you may have captured a few people's expressed view.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article977585.ece

So basically the two guys fighting out own can't run Chan's Megamind offence as well as Fitz. Better hope he lasts because plan B doesn't look hopeful right now.

PTR

Megamind offense, really? Nothing more cerebral about it than any other offensive scheme. Fitz being a smart person doesn't automatically make Gaileys 5 wide thing a "megamind" offense.

From that article:

Neither Young or Thigpen has looked anywhere close to being as good as Fitzpatrick in running the offense through just five practices.

Wow, Young who is coming into a new system cold isn't as comfortable with it than the guy who has been around it and been starting the vast majority of the time Gailey has been in Buffalo. That's quite a shocker.

Please September, get here quickly!!!!

Edited by CodeMonkey

Megamind offense, really? Nothing more cerebral about it than any other offensive scheme. Fitz being a smart person doesn't automatically make Gaileys 5 wide thing a "megamind" offense.

From that article:

Wow, Young who is coming into a new system cold isn't as comfortable with it than the guy who has been around it and been starting the vast majority of the time Gailey has been in Buffalo. That's quite a shocker.

Please September, get here quickly!!!!

Yeah, really!

I don't get this thread. I'm am certain the OP had no problem with Thigpen as the backup last season. Now he's "worried"? I don't buy it.