Tonight's practice

Standouts:

Marcus Easly & Derek Hagan both looked very good and big strong targets

Stephon Gilmore - contested many balls and broke up quite a few after the receiver got a hand on the ball. Fast. Played against Stevie most of the time.

Corey McIntyre - actually caught 2 balls out of the backfield and rumbled quite a way. Wonder if this is a wrinkle.

Fitz - hit people in stride all over the field

TJ Graham had one where he jetted past everyone

DBs dropped at least 2 or 3 picks.

Mario WIlliams is so friggin fast.

In fact, the team as a whole looks noticeable faster. They were getting close on punt team and even partially blocked one.

Looked Bad:

Vince Young. Eww.

Quite well attended. Great weather. Parking situation was terrible, but the good news is that they just told people to park on campus so I didn't even have to deal with a shuttle bus.

Wish I had some pictures but the camera I brought had a dead battery. I'll get some on Wednesday night.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. I do hope they use McIntyre, I like him and he's tough to bring down. Maybe they could use him for a few 3rd and shorts.

I just watched the video on BB.com from yesterdays practice and Fitz impressed with the 4 throws I saw. All had zip and hit the receivers in stride. Glad he could carry it over from yesterday.

Was there any sighting of Brad Smith working with the 3rd string unit at QB? I'm wondering how he's doing at working with only QBs. Wonder if they might put him at WR for a practice or two, too.

Thanks Jay! Awesome to hear about Big Mac, would love to see him get involved, but that sure would mean we are spreading the ball around between SJ13, Freddie, Spiller, and Chandler.

After opening day, I meant to post something about the parking situation. Not sure why they have to bus us from 20 miles away.

My advice to anyone going to camp: Go real early and park on one of the front lawns across from the campus that is selling spots for $10. Totally worth it.

Haven't heard anything about Batten this summer, is getting any reps?

Good report. As far as VY, no shock. I look at him like the space saver in your trunk-emergency use only but better than driving home on a flat.

I really think this one of our glaring weaknesses, If Fitz goes down we are screwed. Maybe after some cuts we can some guys in here that we can play some and develop. I'd rather have McTrickshot back and see what he can do.

Good report. As far as VY, no shock. I look at him like the space saver in your trunk-emergency use only but better than driving home on a flat.

I'm hoping he gets better as time goes on. I watched the Eagles yearbook last night and it features VY's 18 play 4th qtr drive to come back and beat the Giants last year. He looked pretty darn good on the drive.We'll see.....history says you need a good 2nd QB or be very lucky.

Couple other things:

Terrence McGee was held out of team drills. He was doing football-like movements on the sideline and did NOT look comforatble.

Fred Jackson, for some reason, will just run down to the end zone and back every once in a while. One time he took off and apparently he was supposed to be in the next play and they had to yell to get him back.

Couple other things:

Terrence McGee was held out of team drills. He was doing football-like movements on the sideline and did NOT look comforatble.

Fred Jackson, for some reason, will just run down to the end zone and back every once in a while. One time he took off and apparently he was supposed to be in the next play and they had to yell to get him back.

Ha! Noticed that too. Not sure if he is building up his wind, or visualizing taking it to the house every play, but he did it every time he touched the ball the other day. Spiller even did it a couple times. I like it! :thumbsup:

Nice. I do hope they use McIntyre, I like him and he's tough to bring down. Maybe they could use him for a few 3rd and shorts.

I just watched the video on BB.com from yesterdays practice and Fitz impressed with the 4 throws I saw. All had zip and hit the receivers in stride. Glad he could carry it over from yesterday.

Was there any sighting of Brad Smith working with the 3rd string unit at QB? I'm wondering how he's doing at working with only QBs. Wonder if they might put him at WR for a practice or two, too.

I like McYintyre also... He's like a ugly version of Marshawn... Wait, Marshawn is one ugly dot dot dot... Sorry Cory, I still like you though...

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

1343614640[/url]' post='2516198']

Couple other things:

love it.

Haven't heard anything about Batten this summer, is getting any reps?

I really think this one of our glaring weaknesses, If Fitz goes down we are screwed. Maybe after some cuts we can some guys in here that we can play some and develop. I'd rather have McTrickshot back and see what he can do.

Is Thigpen really that bad? I never saw the famous [infamous?] pre season game.

Right... Thigpen is sort of like an empty can of fix a flat. you"ll put it in and try it then realize there is nothing there and you're not going anywhere.

Is Thigpen really that bad? I never saw the famous [infamous?] pre season game.

He is a less accurate less smart, weaker armed version of fitz, who apparently struggles reading defenses according to some scouting reports I've found.

Standouts:

Marcus Easly & Derek Hagan both looked very good and big strong targets

Stephon Gilmore - contested many balls and broke up quite a few after the receiver got a hand on the ball. Fast. Played against Stevie most of the time.

Corey McIntyre - actually caught 2 balls out of the backfield and rumbled quite a way. Wonder if this is a wrinkle.

Fitz - hit people in stride all over the field

TJ Graham had one where he jetted past everyone

DBs dropped at least 2 or 3 picks.

Mario WIlliams is so friggin fast.

In fact, the team as a whole looks noticeable faster. They were getting close on punt team and even partially blocked one.

Looked Bad:

Vince Young. Eww.

Quite well attended. Great weather. Parking situation was terrible, but the good news is that they just told people to park on campus so I didn't even have to deal with a shuttle bus.

Wish I had some pictures but the camera I brought had a dead battery. I'll get some on Wednesday night.

THANKS for your hard work!!

Season ticket holder here in Northern VA, champing on the bit to see some game action, so the updates are desperately needed and wholly appreciated. Thanks, man!

By all accounts, Easley and Hagan are looking good. I hope they continue to impress.