• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I'll throw this in here.

snip

http://newsbusters.o...s#ixzz28u6BJims

Subject: Message from David Siegel

Date:Mon, 08 Oct 2012 13:58:05 -0400 (EDT)

To: [All employees]

To All My Valued Employees,

As most of you know our company, Westgate Resorts, has continued to succeed in spite of a very dismal economy. There is no question that the economy has changed for the worse and we have not seen any improvement over the past four years. In spite of all of the challenges we have faced, the good news is this: The economy doesn't currently pose a threat to your job. What does threaten your job however, is another 4 years of the same Presidential administration. Of course, as your employer, I can't tell you whom to vote for, and I certainly wouldn't interfere with your right to vote for whomever you choose. In fact, I encourage you to vote for whomever you think will serve your interests the best. [...]

Now, the economy is falling apart and people like me who made all the right decisions and invested in themselves are being forced to bail out all the people who didn't. The people that overspent their paychecks suddenly feel entitled to the same luxuries that I earned and sacrificed 42 years of my life for. Yes, business ownership has its benefits, but the price I've paid is steep and not without wounds. Unfortunately, the costs of running a business have gotten out of control, and let me tell you why: We are being taxed to death and the government thinks we don't pay enough. We pay state taxes, federal taxes, property taxes, sales and use taxes, payroll taxes, workers compensation taxes and unemployment taxes. I even have to hire an entire department to manage all these taxes. The question I have is this: Who is really stimulating the economy? Is it the Government that wants to take money from those who have earned it and give it to those who have not, or is it people like me who built a company out of his garage and directly employs over 7000 people and hosts over 3 million people per year with a great vacation?

Obviously, our present government believes that taking my money is the right economic stimulus for this country. The fact is, if I deducted 50% of your paycheck you'd quit and you wouldn't work here. I mean, why should you? Who wants to get rewarded only 50% of their hard work? Well, that's what happens to me.

Read the rest at the site

snip

As most of you know our company, Westgate Resorts, has continued to succeed in spite of a very dismal economy. There is no question that the economy has changed for the worse and we have not seen any improvement over the past four years. In spite of all of the challenges we have faced, the good news is this: The economy doesn't currently pose a threat to your job. What does threaten your job however, is another 4 years of the same Presidential administration. Of course, as your employer, I can't tell you whom to vote for, and I certainly wouldn't interfere with your right to vote for whomever you choose. In fact, I encourage you to vote for whomever you think will serve your interests the best. [...]

Now, the economy is falling apart and people like me who made all the right decisions and invested in themselves are being forced to bail out all the people who didn't. The people that overspent their paychecks suddenly feel entitled to the same luxuries that I earned and sacrificed 42 years of my life for. Yes, business ownership has its benefits, but the price I've paid is steep and not without wounds. Unfortunately, the costs of running a business have gotten out of control, and let me tell you why: We are being taxed to death and the government thinks we don't pay enough. We pay state taxes, federal taxes, property taxes, sales and use taxes, payroll taxes, workers compensation taxes and unemployment taxes. I even have to hire an entire department to manage all these taxes. The question I have is this: Who is really stimulating the economy? Is it the Government that wants to take money from those who have earned it and give it to those who have not, or is it people like me who built a company out of his garage and directly employs over 7000 people and hosts over 3 million people per year with a great vacation?

Obviously, our present government believes that taking my money is the right economic stimulus for this country. The fact is, if I deducted 50% of your paycheck you'd quit and you wouldn't work here. I mean, why should you? Who wants to get rewarded only 50% of their hard work? Well, that's what happens to me.

See! Higher taxes create jobs and stimulate the economy!

snip

Steve Wynn telling it like it is..."I'll be damned if I want to have him lecture me about small business and jobs. I'm a job creator."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/10/09/steve_wynn_on_obama_ill_be_damned_if_ill_have_him_lecture_me.html

It's amazing how so many people were fooled into voting someone president who either literally has no clue about business, or is deliberately trying to ruin the American economy.

what was it that Romney asked when in NO a few weeks back?

Where did all the water come from?

http://www.cbsnews.c...ater-came-from/

Jindal lauded the contributions of the Red Cross, Salvation Army and other organizations amid a scene of downed trees, high water and National Guard troops. Romney expressed concern about the welfare of the 5,000 residents, some of whom had evacuated. He then asked, according to a journalists' pool report of the visit: "Did the water come from the sky, or the rivers, or the ocean?"

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Jindal lauded the contributions of the Red Cross, Salvation Army and other organizations amid a scene of downed trees, high water and National Guard troops. Romney expressed concern about the welfare of the 5,000 residents, some of whom had evacuated. He then asked, according to a journalists' pool report of the visit: "Did the water come from the sky, or the rivers, or the ocean?"

That supposed buffoon just handed Obama's ass to him in a national debate. Sorry junior, but you can't put the toothpaste back in the bottle.

It's totally not important to know whether or not the flooding came strictly from rains or whether dams or levees (or both) broke. Useless information. Totally useless.

Very legitimate question for him to ask. In case you were wondering though, it was caused by the storm surge created when Guam tipped over.

Very legitimate question for him to ask. In case you were wondering though, it was caused by the storm surge created when Guam tipped over.

Guam... I lived in that 56th or is it the 57th state for a couple years. Loved it!

Where did all the snow come from during the blizzard of '77?

Guam... I lived in that 56th or is it the 57th state for a couple years. Loved it!

I had a year and a half on Okinawa, and all things considered, that was pretty good too. Actually Guam is not one of the original 57 states. It is now the 50th since it took the place of Hawaii. Who knew that The New World Order was just an excuse for realignment and Asia was going to end up with Hawaii?

Edited by 3rdnlng

"Was it rain, upstream runoff, of the storm surge?"

Really, even you should see that, if this is all you have to complain about, you're getting really desperate.

Where did all the snow come from during the blizzard of '77?

That's an easy answer!!!! Or a combination of...

The lakes weren't yet frozen, when a high pressure area came down from Canada, pushed of course, by giant fans, placed along the Siberian shore of the Arctic, that initiated the cold air flow. When the Siberian air, forced on us by the former USSR crossed over the warmer waters of the Great lakes, condensation and evaporation, all, a Russia plot, descended on Western NY... Little did the Russians know however, that a hardy, tough people resided there, and they easily overcame this minor distraction, and were soon, once again, water skiing and surfing the shores of Lake Erie.... That's how I remember the "blizzard" anyway....

I think I remember that......

It might have been, the snow making machines at Kissing Bridge that wouldn't turn off though.... Regardless, by 1980, all of America knew of the trials and tribulations Western NY had endured under then President Carter, and elected Reagan in a move remembered as the end of the Siberian Wind. Soon after the of the "Blizzard of 1986", the fans from Russia were finally turned off, and now, only hot air blows out of Washington...

I definitely remember!!!! It was one of those two!!

I had a year and a half on Okinawa, and all things considered, that was pretty good too. Actually Guam is not one of the 57 states. It is the 50th since it took the place of Hawaii. Who knew that The New World Order was just an excuse for realignment and Asia was going to end up with Hawaii?

I had 6 months on Okinawa, prolly way before you... I was USMC, but stationed on Kadena...

Edit to show my age... Okinawa in 1979...

Edited by Cinga

That's an easy answer!!!! Or a combination of...

The lakes weren't yet frozen, when a high pressure area came down from Canada, pushed of course, by giant fans, placed along the Siberian shore of the Arctic, that initiated the cold air flow. When the Siberian air, forced on us by the former USSR crossed over the warmer waters of the Great lakes, condensation and evaporation, all, a Russia plot, descended on Western NY... Little did the Russians know however, that a hardy, tough people resided there, and they easily overcame this minor distraction, and were soon, once again, water skiing and surfing the shores of Lake Erie.... That's how I remember the "blizzard" anyway....

I think I remember that......

It might have been, the snow making machines at Kissing Bridge that wouldn't turn off though.... Regardless, by 1980, all of America knew of the trials and tribulations Western NY had endured under then President Carter, and elected Reagan in a move remembered as the end of the Siberian Wind. Soon after the of the "Blizzard of 1986", the fans from Russia were finally turned off, and now, only hot air blows out of Washington...

I definitely remember!!!! It was one of those two!!

Actually, the lake was frozen, and the wind blew the snow pack off the lake into Buffalo. Something like only 4" of new snow fell during the blizzard.

(Yeah, I know you were just !@#$ing around.)