Romney opens 5 point lead over Obama

I guess that this bears repeating once a week until November.

This coming election (despite every effort of the dems and the media) will NOT be be about Mitt.

It will be about Barack Obama and his record.

As an example, I will offer a (non-scientific) observation from yesterday.

My family had a christening, so my wife and I drove the (approx.) 100 miles from WNY to Clearfield, PA. (down 219 and 153 - smaller roads)

On the trip I saw exactly ZERO pro-Obama signs, in Pennsylvania

I saw only 2 or 3 pro-Romney signs ,

but, I saw 40 to 50 Anti-Obama signs...............that is where the majority of momentum is.

The election is about Obama.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CNN poll magically tightens as calendar turns...

Battle for presidency remains close in new CNN poll

Washington (CNN) – Two days before the first presidential debate, a new national survey indicates a very close contest between President Barack Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney in the race for the White House.

And according to a CNN/ORC International poll, neither candidate appears to have an edge on the economy, which remains the top issue on the minds of Americans and which may dominate Wednesday night's debate on domestic issues in Denver.

.The partisan breakdown is 37 percent Democrat,

34 percent independent,

and 29 percent Republican.

Seek professional help. Step away from your talk radio.

This coming election (despite every effort of the dems and the media) will NOT be be about Mitt.

My family had a christening, so my wife and I drove the (approx.) 100 miles from WNY to Clearfield, PA. (down 219 and 153 - smaller roads)

but, I saw 40 to 50 Anti-Obama signs...............that is where the majority of momentum is.

I think you're on to something. Who would have thought that Obama would be deeply unpopular in deep, rural Pennsylvania? I will seriously question the results of this election if Obama could pull it out in PA.

Seek professional help. Step away from your talk radio.

I think you're on to something. Who would have thought that Obama would be deeply unpopular in deep, rural Pennsylvania? I will seriously question the results of this election if Obama could pull it out in PA.

explain that please? I'd like to know your thoughts on the "deep rural" areas of this country...

could it be your clinging to guns and religion moment?? just curious.... help me understand???!!!???

explain that please? I'd like to know your thoughts on the "deep rural" areas of this country...

could it be your clinging to guns and religion moment?? just curious.... help me understand???!!!???

There's nothing to understand........(as I'm sure you know)

M.F. (hmmm, coincidence?) doesn't appear to think much outside of the cliche box.

Disagree with him ? Forget the newest CNN poll, it must be that you listen to talk radio.

People in rural areas, well, you know about them don't you?......The DNC told us all about them....they aren't as enlightened as us Fischers.......................lol

Edited by B-Man

And yet he's right. PA isn't won by the rural voters so its an idiotic sampling.

I drove through North Philly this weekend and saw no Romney signs is as stupid a statement, but more predictive of the PA outcome.

Enjoy your trip thru Pennsyltucky?

Take a drive thru Philly, Pittsburgh, Erie, Allentown, or Scranton and let us know the results

There's nothing to understand........(as I'm sure you know)

M.F. (hmmm, coincidence?) doesn't appear to think much outside of the cliche box.

Disagree with him ? Forget the newest CNN poll, it must be that you listen to talk radio.

People in rural areas, well, you know about them don't you?......The DNC told us all about them....they aren't as enlightened as us Fischers.......................lol

Aren't the polls skewed? Oh, only when Romeny isn't doing as well? Now I get the methodology. Can't wait for the post-election "voter fraud" excuse.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/under-the-radar/2012/10/a-pollster-under-oath-137100.html

Polls minipulated? Naa. Oh, and I'm sure the MSM would never do this.

Under oath, Hickman admitted that in the final weeks of Edwards's 2008 bid, Hickman cherry-picked public polls to make the candidate seem viable, promoted surveys that Hickman considered unreliable, and sent e-mails to campaign aides, Edwards supporters and reporters which argued that the former senator was still in the hunt —even though Hickman had already told Edwards privately that he had no real chance of winning the Democratic nomination.

"They were pounding on me for positive information. You know, where is some good news we can share with people? We were monitoring all these polls and I was sending the ones that were most favorable because [campaign aides] wanted to share them with reporters," Hickman testified on May 14 at the trial in Greensboro, N.C. "We were not finding very much good news and I was trying to give them what I could find."

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: forgetful are we Tom.

Yes, after the election one side or the other will scream Voter Fraud. You can't remember 4 and 8 years ago? Does the name ACORN or the term Hanging Chad ring a bell?

Glad to see you got his post post. <_<

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/2012_elections_electoral_college_map.html

Look at the averages of polls for the states. When you average all polls, it seems much more normal. No, Obama isn't really up 9 in Ohio like a recent poll said. Actually more like 4.

Comparing this year's poll numbers to 2008 and the numbers seem plausible to even the Republican conspiracy theorists here.

Take a drive thru Philly, Pittsburgh, Erie, Allentown, or Scranton and let us know the results

LOL..............This one way of viewing things by some posters is amusing.

I tell you what, did you drive thru Philly, Pittsburgh, Erie, Allentown, or Scranton in 2010 and see many Republican signs ? ?

Well GOP Governor Tom Corbett and Senator Pat Toomey were certainly elected less than 700 days ago.

I'm not predicting victory for Romney in PA, I'm making an observation that the polling is not definitive and those of you who think otherwise are the ones with you head in ground.

I tell you what, did you drive thru Philly, Pittsburgh, Erie, Allentown, or Scranton in 2010 and see many Republican signs ? ?

I was in Erie in September 2010 but didn't pay any attention to political signs. My Dad was having a medical issue so the election wasn't on the top of my mind.

But I am from Erie originally so I do kind of know the political leanings of the area. Also went to college near Pittsburgh and had friends from that area so I kind of understood 'Burghers well enough.

Well GOP Governor Tom Corbett and Senator Pat Toomey were certainly elected less than 700 days ago.

Corbett's honeymoon was short lived. He's in worse shape at this point in his first term than either Rendell or Ridge were at a similar point

And Toomey won a close race 51T-49% even tho he won 60 of 67 counties. From the Wiki page for Toomey:

Sestak won just seven of the Pennsylvania's 67 counties: Philadelphia (84%), Lackawanna (60%), Delaware (56%), Erie (55%), Allegheny (55%), Montgomery (54%), and Luzerne (51%).

Philadelphia and Erie counties are self explanatory. Lackawana and Luzerne Counties are Scranton/Wilkes Barre, Delaware and Montgomery Counties are suburban Philly, and Allegheny County is Pittsburgh

I'm not predicting victory for Romney in PA, I'm making an observation that the polling is not definitive and those of you who think otherwise are the ones with you head in ground.

I have issues with polling methods as well. However I put much more stock in their methods than your Pennsyltucky drive-thru

If I were to apply a similar methodology to the election in Virginia and judge the state of the election by bumper stickers I see driving thru the Southside of Hampton Roads: Ron Paul would have easily won the Republican Primary and would be far ahead of either Romney or Obama in a 3 way race.

Edited by /dev/null

http://www.realclear...ollege_map.html

Look at the averages of polls for the states. When you average all polls, it seems much more normal. No, Obama isn't really up 9 in Ohio like a recent poll said. Actually more like 4.

Comparing this year's poll numbers to 2008 and the numbers seem plausible to even the Republican conspiracy theorists here.

Ridiculously polls like that Ohio +9 poll, was what the biased poll arguments were about...LOL

I think you just finally admitted that we were right.