Romney opens 5 point lead over Obama

Actually, the lake was frozen, and the wind blew the snow pack off the lake into Buffalo. Something like only 4" of new snow fell during the blizzard.

(Yeah, I know you were just !@#$ing around.)

And I wanted BF4E to answer that to prove Romney's question was a legitimate one. I just found out that it all had blown off the lake a few years ago on this board.

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the lake was frozen, and the wind blew the snow pack off the lake into Buffalo. Something like only 4" of new snow fell during the blizzard.

(Yeah, I know you were just !@#$ing around.)

The lakes were frozen?

Further proof it was forced on us by the USSR!!! Damn fans!!!!

:-0

That's an easy answer!!!! Or a combination of...

The lakes weren't yet frozen, when a high pressure area came down from Canada, pushed of course, by giant fans, placed along the Siberian shore of the Arctic, that initiated the cold air flow. When the Siberian air, forced on us by the former USSR crossed over the warmer waters of the Great lakes, condensation and evaporation, all, a Russia plot, descended on Western NY... Little did the Russians know however, that a hardy, tough people resided there, and they easily overcame this minor distraction, and were soon, once again, water skiing and surfing the shores of Lake Erie.... That's how I remember the "blizzard" anyway....

I think I remember that......

It might have been, the snow making machines at Kissing Bridge that wouldn't turn off though.... Regardless, by 1980, all of America knew of the trials and tribulations Western NY had endured under then President Carter, and elected Reagan in a move remembered as the end of the Siberian Wind. Soon after the of the "Blizzard of 1986", the fans from Russia were finally turned off, and now, only hot air blows out of Washington...

I definitely remember!!!! It was one of those two!!

I had 6 months on Okinawa, prolly way before you... I was USMC, but stationed on Kadena...

Edit to show my age... Okinawa in 1979...

Army, and left before you arrived. I don't have my scrapbook and pictures with me but I looked it up on Google Earth and it seems like a lot of names are changed. Either that or the weed was better than I thought.

And I wanted BF4E to answer that to prove Romney's question was a legitimate one. I just found out that it all had blown off the lake a few years ago on this board.

He wasn't going to, he's too busy living in an alternate reality.

I can't believe RCP now calls PA a tossup but there's certainly been a sea change (nice to see the righties here are up to talking about the polls again). Still, I'm sure PA is a solid 8-10 points in favor of Obama post election.

Edited by John Adams

I can't believe RCP now calls PA a tossup but there's certainly been a sea change (nice to see the righties here are up to talking about the polls again). Still, I'm sure PA is a solid 8-10 points in favor of Obama post election.

Don't look know, but Romney just gained 8 points on Obama in....California.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2012/10/10/cbs-5-poll-romney-gains-8-points-on-faltering-obama-in-california/

Yes, I know Obama leads by 14 points. But in California? Hell, he won it by 24 in 2008, so is there little wonder the only thing they have left to yell about is abortion and Big Bird?

Don't look know, but Romney just gained 8 points on Obama in....California.

http://sanfrancisco....-in-california/

Yes, I know Obama leads by 14 points. But in California? Hell, he won it by 24 in 2008

Romney will lose California, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois, no doubt. But there might be enough Independant and dissatisified Democrats in the Blue states to put him above Obama nationally while losing a close Electoral contest

Romney will lose California, New York, Pennsylvania, Illinois, no doubt. But there might be enough Independant and dissatisified Democrats in the Blue states to put him above Obama nationally while losing a close Electoral contest

Still can't see Obama losing in the electoral college. Obama will win handily but at least things are now more interesting.

I have little confidence in either of these campaigns accepting a close result without it going to court.

While it may not be the Supreme Court, the hyperbole drives home my point.

Ten-four. Unless he gets caught on camera beating his dog, Obama handily wins the electoral. Game over. I don't see this going to court.

Ten-four. Unless he gets caught on camera beating his dog, Obama handily wins the electoral. Game over. I don't see this going to court.

Even then, we'll just have people explaining how it's part of black culture, and we just don't understand.

And that's if it's a small, Democratic dog like a Shih Tzu. If it's a big Republican doberman, we won't even hear about it.

http://www.tampabay....bama-44/1255882

I think some of you guys are going to need a change of underpants after reading that

This is when it's REALLY nice to be a true independent. Someone cherry-picks a poll showing D with a huge lead, and polls suck. Someone else cherry-picks another poll showing R with a huge lead...and polls still suck.

This is when it's REALLY nice to be a true independent. Someone cherry-picks a poll showing D with a huge lead, and polls suck. Someone else cherry-picks another poll showing R with a huge lead...and polls still suck.

Yeah but when one side goes overboard with their shilling, it's fun to slap them in the face with the same turd they've been smearing all over the place