Romney opens 5 point lead over Obama

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Romney leads Obama, 49 percent to 44 percent, in the general election matchup. That nearly mirrors the result on who voters say they trust more to handle the economy. Romney leads there 49-43.

Just last Saturday, though, the two candidates were tied at 46 percent apiece. Rasmussen notes that "as with any such change in the race, it remains to be seen whether it marks a lasting shift or is merely statistical noise."

But economic news doesn't look like it's going to improve much in the short-term. Friday's GDP report beat expectations but also showed extremely sluggish growth overall. Consumer confidence, meanwhile, remained at its low point for the year.

Since it's always fun to compare: On this day in 2008, Obama led Republican nominee John McCain by 5 points — 49 to 44 percent — in Rasmussen's daily tracking.

Business Insider

And 2000 when the Supremes picked Bush. It ain't over even after it's over.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

This particular leftist myth has been dis-proven so many times that you only confirm your ignorance by repeating it.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

And a waste is a terrible thing to mind

PJ is an old school PPP shill. I'm not surprised he showed back up in time for the election.

You'll soon learn to pay him no mind

This is a good time to use Antonin Scalia's response to the people who ask him about that case:

"Get over it."

This poll may not be capturing any trend and they caveat it as much.

But using myself as an example, the attacks on Romney are having the opposite effect than the intended, Never really liked him and favored BO a little early on because I reckon he stands a be better (although small) chance of getting us out of the hawkish foreign policy trap. But the attacks are making me sympathetic to him, and thinking maybe he's not such a bad guy after all. I'm also frustrated by the lack of substantive debate and discussion, and placing greater blame on the BO camp for this.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Further

Onto

Ruin

When

Americans

Re-elect

Democrats

I just made that up. Can anyone make bumperstickers?

I like that... after all, hasn't FJ lectured the right that a slogan wins the election??

:rolleyes:

And the exit poll results in 2004 when Kerry beat Bush

Exit polls (reporting preliminarily) had Kerry up. Most national polls going into the election had the race statistically even and trending towards Bush.

One poll.

In July.

Electoral college state-by-state polling is still favoring Obummer.

But think back to how Carter was up against Reagan even into the final week.

I've heard that most raw polls had Reagan up weeks out and that most adjusted polls were showing the race statistically even going into election day.

There were some outliers but I've always heard that that was how those polls played out.

And then wasn't there the John Anderson factor - the guy who basically every middle-of-the-road Democrat voted for in that election....and who wasn't considered in head-to-head poll data?

I disagree, the numbers favor Oblamablam.

All those big picture numbers aren't as important as the numbers in Ohio, Florida, Virginia, and Iowa. Obama only has to win one of those. Romney has to win all 4

Edited by /dev/null

I disagree, the numbers favor Oblamablam.

All those big picture numbers aren't as important as the numbers in Ohio, Florida, Virginia, and Iowa. Obama only has to win one of those. Romney has to win all 4

He doesn't have to win Iowa. He could win new Hampshire, Colorado or Nevada . However Iowa probably gives him his best chance out of the group. Colorado and newhampshire aren't too far off though

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/obama-leads-romney-three-battleground-states-poll-shows-103942709.html

President Barack Obama holds an edge over Mitt Romney in Ohio, Florida and Pennsylvania, a new Quinnipiac University/New York Times/CBS News poll out Wednesday shows.

When likely voters in the three battleground states were asked whom they would vote for if the election were held today, here's the way it broke down:

Florida: Obama, 51 percent; Romney, 45 percent.

Ohio: Obama, 50 percent; Romney 44 percent

Pennsylvania: Obama, 53 percent; Romney 42 percent

:worthy: