Romney opens 5 point lead over Obama

John Quincy Adams who lost by 44,804 votes to Andrew Jackson in 1824

Rutherford B. Hayes who lost by 264,292 votes to Samuel J. Tilden in 1876

Benjamin Harrison who lost by 95,713 votes to Grover Cleveland in 1888

George W. Bush who lost by 543,816 votes to Al Gore in the 2000 election.

Wow, can you imagine what the country would be like if Gore won? Maybe no Iraq and Afghanistan?

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about the wars, but we might be on better financial footing. No tax cuts, but the Republican congress would never have let Gore spend like Bush did.

The subprime crisis leading to the Great Recession would still have happened.

If anything, we'd be signed on to some Ponzi Carbon Credit Scheme Plan to Save the Environment Via Equitable Redistrubtion of Wealth

Any sane person should actually hope so. I'd hate to think of our response to that being a Clintonian "Shoot a cruise missile up a camel's ass."

Gore would have commissioned a blue ribbon panel to investigate why Mormons around the world hate us so much. No Afghanistan but more 9/11s

Gore would have commissioned a blue ribbon panel to investigate why Mormons around the world hate us so much. No Afghanistan but more 9/11s

That doesn't follow any type of logic. We knew that the Taliban harbored terrorists, so we struck. I think any sitting president would have committed to that war. Iraq is debatable, but not Afghanistan.

So you're saying look back trades don't really cut it as a method of defrauding- well I should have know that you had a much more efficient method of pilfering pensions.

Really, this line of...whatever the !@#$ it is your doing...is not going to go anywhere. You're only making yourself look like a fool. Best cut your losses and run.

(Unless you want to look like a fool. Then by all means, continue.)

Really, this line of...whatever the !@#$ it is your doing...is not going to go anywhere. You're only making yourself look like a fool. Best cut your losses and run.

you know Diogenes never found one but maybe you are the last honest man that deals with the financial sector but I would think such a man would be the first to decry fraud and other criminal or unethical behavior in his industry as tolerance would force the honest to either leave the industry or follow suit to corruption.

Who is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?