Former WR Josh Reed Slams Buffalo

The minute Josh Reed dropped the wide-open flea flicker from Drew during the Pats season opener I said "one day, after this sad-sacks career comes to an end via the waiver wire, he'll probably rip on our city because he'll be embarrassed for his entire adult life."

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All foods from Buffalo.

Pizza, wings, weck, royals, friday night fish fry. Only thing i never got into really way Salen Hot Dogs.

But intriducing Buffalo Style Pizza to the south has been great.

Ok, that's what I thought. Want to see this thread really blow up? Aaaaaaaaaaaaand away we go!

Some of the worst pizza I've ever had has come from WNY. Doughy, greasy, ****ty sauce, cheap cheese, etc, etc. I've had pizzas where they somehow were able to burn the bottom and top but still have nearly raw dough in the middle. I guess that's what you get when you have pimply faced teenagers who could give a **** about good food churning out pizza. Now keep in mind I didn't say all WNY pizzas suck, there are some good places (so I've heard) but I'm just giving you my experienc.

Flame away! :devil:

Ok, that's what I thought. Want to see this thread really blow up? Aaaaaaaaaaaaand away we go!

Some of the worst pizza I've ever had has come from WNY. Doughy, greasy, ****ty sauce, cheap cheese, etc, etc. I've had pizzas where they somehow were able to burn the bottom and top but still have nearly raw dough in the middle. I guess that's what you get when you have pimply faced teenagers who could give a **** about good food churning out pizza. Now keep in mind I didn't say all WNY pizzas suck, there are some good places (so I've heard) but I'm just giving you my experienc.

I was born and raised in Buffalo NY. What the heck is "Buffalo style pizza"?

I understand Chicago style and NY style. I have also had Roman, Sicilian, etc. however I was in a place called Italy when I tried those. Maybe Buffalo style was invented after we left. I know every year I go back I have yet to see Buffalo style pizza advertised in Buffalo. I find it all good. Then again in most big cities you can find good pizza if you know where to look.

The bigger question is why didn't Josh Reed ever try any?

1342222691[/url]' post='2504163']

Doughy, greasy, ****ty sauce, cheap cheese and a secret ingredient that burns both sides of the crust with nearly raw dough in the middle.

Duh..

And similar quotes get play in the cities they are about as well. I don't particularly care about his opinion, but I'm not sure why people care that it upsets some people.

Exactly. Look at it this way. His life already peaked. What and who he was in college was the most he will ever be. He fizzled as a pro and apparently isn't good at making friends outside the bayou. I can't argue buffalo doesn't have much going on. I lived there, the south, Germany and dc and I traveled the western world. Buffalo is one of those places that you don't see how small it is until youve been away. But it's sort of like how living abroad opens your eyes to how much smaller america is than you think when living here.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

typical 9 pages on an ex-Bill's negative comments...

lets be real we are new yorkers we are not as nice as the southern people its a fact and its a good thing he did not go to NYC because im sure he would really hate NY lol we are not all a$$holes but i have walked down the streets of Rochester and i almost always say good morning or how are you doing today to people as i pass by and some time you you get a response sometimes you done its life cry about it :cry:

wow, sometimes you got a hello? ... in rochester? ... rochester, ny? ... what are you, a hot chick or something?

Coming from WNY where some of the best maple syrup is produced it's safe to say that's the ONLY way to drink "pancake" syrup.

mmm, straight from the tree for me!!!

Coming from WNY where some of the best maple syrup is produced it's safe to say that's the ONLY way to drink "pancake" syrup.

Not maple syrup, "pancake" syrup.

Log Cabin, Mrs. Buttersworth, etc ...

High Fructose Corn syrup, water, and an assortment of artificial flavorings. Yummy.

mmm, straight from the tree for me!!!

You sap.

Quality control is very important… consistent product is very important. There are some very good pizzerias in Buffalo but it can sometimes be a real adventure as far as whether you get a good product or not. But I like Just Pizza, Mister Pizza, and LaNova when they give you a good pie.

When I used to hand roll pizzas at Angelina's on Elmwood (now closed) my crusts were always perfect… you could measure a uniform thickness with a micrometer. I always decked the pizza on the Blodgett at just the right time so the top and bottom were perfectly cooked. Angelina's wasn't renowned for their pizza but when I was working, them pies were perfect.

Best pizza I ever had was in NYC. And they used Buffalo mozzarella. Just saying ...

Buffalo as in the animal as in Buffalo milk mozzarella? Or mozzarella from the fair city of Buffalo?

One shortcoming of many modern day pizzerias is that they use low fat mozzarella. Stupidly, fat has been demonized in our society even though it's sugar and its nutritional cousins (HFCS and starches with high glycemic indexes) which cause obesity.

Low fat mozzarella simply doesn't give the same flavor and toothsomeness as regular mozzarella. I like Sorrento Mozzarella and Margherita Pepperoni. Besides Angelina's, I worked at Santora's and Sorrentino's in Williamsville and those were the ingredients we used.

The animal. And I think he said he imported the buffalo mozzarella from italy too, where the practice started.

Or maybe he meant the Italian section of buffalo lol. Not sure, but the pizzas were sensational, as good if not better than the food at the best Italian restaurants I've been to.

Good read on the cheese: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_mozzarella#section_1

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

The animal. And I think he said he imported the buffalo mozzarella from italy too, where the practice started.

Or maybe he meant the Italian section of buffalo lol. Not sure, but the pizzas were sensational, as good if not better than the food at the best Italian restaurants I've been to.

Good read on the cheese: http://en.m.wikipedi...rella#section_1

Interesting. Thanks Joe.

When I have heard the term "Buffalo Mozzarella" I've always thought it was buffalo as in the common misnomer for Bison… I thought the milk was from Bison.

I didn't know the milk was from the animal known as the water buffalo. Can't wait to tell the fellas…

:)

Of all the places I've ever been, I've eaten pizza in most of them. It's just an easy fix when your looking for comfort food. I mist say that I've never really had any memorable pizza outside of Buffalo. 1 place in NYC that used ingredients shipped almost daily from Italy (fresh Mozz cheese was the best ever) but that's about it. Usually it's just safer to order Pizza Hut or Dominos. It's crap but at least you know what your getting. Sure there's horrible places in Buffalo too. It's all about where you get it from. Most Buffalonians will tell you that Just Pizza, Bocce Pizza or La Nova (which I can't stand) is the best. Nobody outside of Buffalo would probably ever know that though. It's like chicken wings. Ask any person who's lived here for an extended period of time and they'll tell you Anchor Bar is alright but you go there or take out of towners there just because it's famous for inventing them. The good wings are from Duffs. If you asked 100 Buffalonians where to get wings, most would have Duffs on thier top 1-3. I'd pretty much put money on that bet anyday.

I've lived in Westen New York all my life. I've travelled from as far north as P.E.I. in Canada to the Dominican Republic, and I've been in maybe 12 to 15 cities in my life, been through the southern and mid-eastern U.S., and there have been many times in my life when I've been places and thought, "people here seem much nicer than people are where I'm from".

I think a big part of what makes people from Western New York - and NYC, as well - seem like jerks to people from other parts of the U.S. is we have a kind of mind-your-own-business attitude as far as social manners go. We don't often know what our neighbors are about, and we don't think the average stranger on the street is someone we can strike up a conversation with. We are a closed-off people, on the whole, I think. That is compared to the south, and western US, where people are really friendly, open to conversations with strangers, and their identity is kind of tied in with a southern hospitality, or a californian niceness - it's just people in New York are more business first, mind your own business, reserved kind of people.

That is a stereotype, I know, and there are always cases that vary, and degrees - but, I would have to agree, having lived here my entire life, that there are a lot of other places where people seem a lot nicer. Now, some of those places I have felt a sort of hidden suspiciousness, too - where there is a distinct difference between appearances and what is under the surface.

I wouldn't take it personally, it's just how things feel at a glance. There are just as many kind people here as anywhere, you just have to get to know them first.

Now I have been places where people go out of their way to be friendly, the ladies call you honey, people wave when you drive by and you don't dare say anything without saying good morning first. Western NY sure is not one of those places. Maybe it's because the people have to hibernate 6 months out of the year and don't get enough sunshine. I can understand why someone would come here and have the same opinion as Mr. Can't catch the damn ball.

Good read on the cheese: http://en.m.wikipedi...rella#section_1

Buffalo mozzarella is made from water buffalo milk. Very hard to get here in the states. Some guy is raising them here in CA but have yet to see the cheese. I make my own fresh mozzarella from cows milk. It is easy and really, really good. It's like eating a slice of milk. Best to eat it right after you've made it when it's still a bit warm.

Sorry your link didn't work for me.

I've lived in Westen New York all my life. I've travelled from as far north as P.E.I. in Canada to the Dominican Republic, and I've been in maybe 12 to 15 cities in my life, been through the southern and mid-eastern U.S., and there have been many times in my life when I've been places and thought, "people here seem much nicer than people are where I'm from".

I think a big part of what makes people from Western New York - and NYC, as well - seem like jerks to people from other parts of the U.S. is we have a kind of mind-your-own-business attitude as far as social manners go. We don't often know what our neighbors are about, and we don't think the average stranger on the street is someone we can strike up a conversation with. We are a closed-off people, on the whole, I think. That is compared to the south, and western US, where people are really friendly, open to conversations with strangers, and their identity is kind of tied in with a southern hospitality, or a californian niceness - it's just people in New York are more business first, mind your own business, reserved kind of people.

That is a stereotype, I know, and there are always cases that vary, and degrees - but, I would have to agree, having lived here my entire life, that there are a lot of other places where people seem a lot nicer. Now, some of those places I have felt a sort of hidden suspiciousness, too - where there is a distinct difference between appearances and what is under the surface.

I wouldn't take it personally, it's just how things feel at a glance. There are just as many kind people here as anywhere, you just have to get to know them first.

I've never had an issue with people from WNY. I'm from a small town in Genesee county and everyone thers in VERY nice. When I come back to visit I very rarely travel into the city and didn't much when I lived there so don't know too much about the people from Buffalo. The main interaction was when they'd venture to one of "our" bars in the boonies. Many seemed to be jerks but I just attributed that to them thinking we were a bunch of hicks (which we were) and alcohol consumption. For me I think people are for the most part nice. I just tend to look at the good side in people and gravitate towards the nice people and ignore the idiots you see everyplace.

Where in my post did I mention anything called Buffalo Style Pizza??

Buffalo mozzarella is made from water buffalo milk. Very hard to get here in the states. Some guy is raising them here in CA but have yet to see the cheese. I make my own fresh mozzarella from cows milk. It is easy and really, really good. It's like eating a slice of milk. Best to eat it right after you've made it when it's still a bit warm.

Sorry your link didn't work for me.

I've never had an issue with people from WNY. I'm from a small town in Genesee county and everyone thers in VERY nice. When I come back to visit I very rarely travel into the city and didn't much when I lived there so don't know too much about the people from Buffalo. The main interaction was when they'd venture to one of "our" bars in the boonies. Many seemed to be jerks but I just attributed that to them thinking we were a bunch of hicks (which we were) and alcohol consumption. For me I think people are for the most part nice. I just tend to look at the good side in people and gravitate towards the nice people and ignore the idiots you see everyplace.

I love Caprese salad (insalata Caprese).

Here is a link to a Wisconsin area supplier (mail order for around 10 bucks):

Plain, WI

BFLO Mozz

You sap.

Quality control is very important… consistent product is very important. There are some very good pizzerias in Buffalo but it can sometimes be a real adventure as far as whether you get a good product or not. But I like Just Pizza, Mister Pizza, and LaNova when they give you a good pie.

When I used to hand roll pizzas at Angelina's on Elmwood (now closed) my crusts were always perfect… you could measure a uniform thickness with a micrometer. I always decked the pizza on the Blodgett at just the right time so the top and bottom were perfectly cooked. Angelina's wasn't renowned for their pizza but when I was working, them pies were perfect.

Buffalo as in the animal as in Buffalo milk mozzarella? Or mozzarella from the fair city of Buffalo?

One shortcoming of many modern day pizzerias is that they use low fat mozzarella. Stupidly, fat has been demonized in our society even though it's sugar and its nutritional cousins (HFCS and starches with high glycemic indexes) which cause obesity.

Low fat mozzarella simply doesn't give the same flavor and toothsomeness as regular mozzarella. I like Sorrento Mozzarella and Margherita Pepperoni. Besides Angelina's, I worked at Santora's and Sorrentino's in Williamsville and those were the ingredients we used.

Exactly. I worked at Just Pizza and actually the original Mr Pizza is a dear friend and now lives in Atl. He was/is my mentor. If made right Buffalo Pizza is amazing. It is an art form from making to baking it. Unfortunately so many pizzeria have popped up in Buffalo, which has watered down the quality some. Growing up we always got Bocce.

Anyways it is where you go that is important. Not every pizzeria is the same in Buffalo just like in NYC or anywhere else.

I make my own fresh mozzarella from cows milk. It is easy and really, really good. It's like eating a slice of milk. Best to eat it right after you've made it when it's still a bit warm.

Ok. I've gotta ask. Do you sell this? I've been looking for some really good, really fresh Mozz for a while now. Can't seem to find anything like that "eating a slice of milk" taste.

Ok. I've gotta ask. Do you sell this? I've been looking for some really good, really fresh Mozz for a while now. Can't seem to find anything like that "eating a slice of milk" taste.

It's stupid easy to make once you get it down. Give it a shot!