Thank You / How is Wall Imprtant To You

no wine for Mead!!!!!

How else would I appear to be be busy if not for this Board? Even though I work from home..need my kids to at least think I am working hard LOL

Really do enjoy the discourse here..OTW more in the offseason..TSW more in season. Love hearing the different opinions on how guys playedlay calls etc..and keeps me out of the bars whilst doing so!

Miss some of the older posters..Guys like Stuck, SmokingandJoking, Dean, but suppose that is part of life.

What ever happened to stuckincincy? Seriously...he's okay, I hope?

Edit: do NOT interpret this as any sign of decency. I'm still an !@#$.

Edited by DC Tom

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Wall rocks. Its the only message board I ever go to aside from the occassional harassment of the Jets and Patriots.

I like it most because its interesting and funny (well....my posts are anyway...and somebody else said something funny last year)

Seriously, there are lots of guys here that know so much more about our team than the sportswriters choose to write about. I swear I can tell who some of the good posters are without looking at the name and just reading their input (PTR, San Jose etc)

Seems to me that there are far less idiot posters than the other NFL sites I have looked at. I enjoy the occassional idiot poster, but go look at a Jets board and you'll see an overwhelming amount of obnoxious fools--the downfall of most message boards.

I don't know who runs this site and have never met anyone in person from here but I check it most everyday. So good job whoever you are. Thanks!

Edited by Webster Guy

It's part of my now year-round enjoyment of Bills football.

As a Bills fan, and one who resides outside western NY, you won't find a better resource on the Bills anywhere in the world.

Bills fans are probably one of the smaller groups of team fans of the NFL and I'd rather have it no other way. We certainly aren't bandwagon jumpers or fair weather fans, and a part of me appreciates that.

Ditto this ^. Maintains my connection to Buffalo in between visits.

How important is this wall?

I live in Quebec. Not too many bretheren 'round here.

This wall is a great place to socialize and talk some Bills Football.

Those who make it available to us should be reminded occasionally that they are very, very much appreciated.

Once I received a pretty tasteless message, which showed the sender of said message should have checked his/her facts first. But many, many times I have laughed my face off, or found information which helps me to better appreciate the game, and the Bills themselves. Unlike in the 'real world', I have found a huge percentage of funny, informed, and pleasant people through this board.

Long live TBD!

GO BILLS!

And of course; F### MIAMI!

I can tell you that I joined the Navy in 1985 and other than visits have been away from Western NY on various assignments since then. This wall gives me a link to home regardless of where I am in the world (currently in Guam) and helps ease any home sickness I may feel. I have met some people at the Hammer's lot tailgate so putting faces with names is good as well. I enjoy reading the discussions about the team and what is going on in the league! The wall and Two Bills Drive are awesome and I am glad I found them!

TBD is one of my few online vices, and probably the only one that makes network administrators at my workplace go "WTF?"

It really is the best online Bills forum I've found with a high quotient of intellIgent posters and not just a bunch of subliterate nitwits flaming each other and constantly starting threads on the same topic. And I've gotta hand it to the mods, who manage to keep things organized.

But I also appreciate the collective sense of humor. The Epic, Legendary Mario Williams thread made for more fun than anyone should ever have online without dirty pictures.

Also, F5.

I was lucky big time to bump into TSW when the board and his format was bread new, I still remember that it look like a long -linear-thread of messages with few pics - no picking anyone of you running it and who have s done a great job since the beggining, because it was cool back the also - and I used to lurke at the posts for hours (yes, like many of you, during the most 'exciting' hours of my office work ;c) and liked it so much that used to print dozens of pages so I could finish reading posts of the day at home. I have enjoyed it a lot, specially for some one thta is on the Mexico's side of Cowboyland, there's no better source of Bills / Sabres news. One regtret to share here? I should've joined earlier, because I have only been credited for joing until 2007, instead of 2001, so guys that are urkers or guests, come on board and become an active part of this historic forum!!

Go Bills!!! Viva Buffalo Cabrones!!!

Edited by Kent H Jr

With respect I ask if it be possible that we each take time to pause and ponder , give thanks to those who make this site available to us and are responsible for its workings. For many "The Wall" has become a at least daily visit , if not hourly . We gain information, a great deal of fun and humor, the blessing of gaining special acquaintances and friendships from literally all over the world.

Would it be possible to tell how is the Wall important to you? What do you appreciate most about Wall?

, I came here at the beginnings, a nervous, apprehensive person as internet technology and such a thing as a forum a entirely new and frankly scary venture. Over time I have gained the blessing of having exchange with a great number of most excellent people , folks to me now very much so friends. Life has its bumpy times , its difficulties , this forum for me a respite from that.

So much personally I have gained from this privilege, what I appreciate most is the sense of connection, of community, with a group of people with a dream of a community doing better, of having success, and two teams each having their special season at top of their respective sports of football and hockey.

I do at times close my eyes and remember when, Paul and Kelly were here, both gone but not forgotten. I remember also those not allowed anymore, Spiked, Ice, a few others, with no disrespect intended I count them friends also.

As I ponder , at times it seems to me, much time is taken to say and do many things , we do not take time to simply say Thank You,.

Could type a long post full of my unimportant thoughts, so much I would like to say in appreciation, but my wish more so to read and hear what others have to say, for me I wish to say sincerely

simply,

My apologies to any I may have offended, my desire is to do better

Thank you

So how is this place special to you?

I may not post here a lot but ive frequented this board since 1999 or 2000. This has been arguably the best place for me to get my football news and hands down best for Bills news. It also holds a special place in my heart because my father would always fill me in on the daily discussions on the board. I was at one of the TBD home opener cookouts(which one escapes me). This board is filled with some of the most knowlegable sports fans in the world and I am proud to be a member here. Kelly Roberts (Thailog80) was my father and I feel by posting here I am keeping his Bills fandom alive. As long as I live I will always visit this board because it doesnt just hold a lot of football value to me, it also holds a lot of sentimental value. Thanks for reading.

Even though I live in Upstate New York, I don't come across very many people who follow the day to day activities that impact the Bills. I go to this site to get all the latest news. I visited this site for several years before I got up the nerve to post. The intelligence and humor of most posters on this board are impressive. I often burst out laughing as I read the posts, and my wife has gotten used to me saying that I just read something funny on this board. She just rolls her eyes.

1341965250[/url]' post='2501529']

I may not post here a lot but ive frequented this board since 1999 or 2000. This has been arguably the best place for me to get my football news and hands down best for Bills news. It also holds a special place in my heart because my father would always fill me in on the daily discussions on the board. I was at one of the TBD home opener cookouts(which one escapes me). This board is filled with some of the most knowlegable sports fans in the world and I am proud to be a member here. Kelly Roberts (Thailog80) was my father and I feel by posting here I am keeping his Bills fandom alive. As long as I live I will always visit this board because it doesnt just hold a lot of football value to me, it also holds a lot of sentimental value. Thanks for reading.

I treasured chatting with your Dad, both on the forum and PM's. He's truely missed here! To the OP, Millbank, you too are a treasure of this site! Thank you for the post.

I'm humbled by the honor to be a Moderator for the site and, like my Mod Team, strive to keep it the welcoming and enjoyable haunt you all have stated it is.

As for DC Tom, well, I'm an idiot!

Cheers!