Mayberry mourns...Andy Griffith has passed away

Buftex

Andy Griffith show is still one I could watch all day long!

Before the Andy Griffith Show, he was in one of my favorite movies, "A Face In the Crowd", playing Lonesome Rhodes. Great movie, and very timely today...will leave it at that. I suspect Turner Movie Classics will replay it in his honor...highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.

Also...he gained some accolades for his monologs...this is his best known...if I am not mistaken, it hit the Billboard Top 10 as a single...what brings us all here, football:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I42JIgfnMYE

He was the essence of the homespun country feel of the 60s for me. Loved that character. RIP

There were a handful of tv shows from that era that had a sort of "unspoken" realness about them,even if the stories were a little hokey at times. "Leave It to Beaver" is another one. Griffith really was a first rate actor.

Damn..Goob just died like a month ago.

In college, when everyone debated Ginger V.Maryanne......we debated Helen Crump v. Thelma Lou Beasley...I was always a Helen man. hmm, maybe why I always say yes in the hot for teacher threads

Don Knotts is dead????? :blink:

holy crap...since '06???? i am sure i knew, but man, it has escaped my memory.... :oops:

My prayers to his family.

Barney,Goober and him must be having

fun catching up!

Edited by The Poojer

Damn..Goob just died like a month ago.

In college, when everyone debated Ginger V.Maryanne......we debated Helen Crump v. Thelma Lou Beasley...I was always a Helen man. hmm, maybe why I always say yes in the hot for teacher threads

Helen was a B word! I have no idea why Andy didn't haul of and smack her. But it was by far the best show in the history of television.

RIP Andy. Mmmmmm, good cracker.

Before the Andy Griffith Show, he was in one of my favorite movies, "A Face In the Crowd", playing Lonesome Rhodes. Great movie, and very timely today...will leave it at that. I suspect Turner Movie Classics will replay it in his honor...highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.

Also...he gained some accolades for his monologs...this is his best known...if I am not mistaken, it hit the Billboard Top 10 as a single...what brings us all here, football:

youtube.com/watch?v=I42JIgfnMYE

That one and his cliff's notes of Shakespeare plays are classics. (He's no Bob Newhart, but he's good. ;))

Guess Barney can finally get his one bullet back from Andy again and he can get the keys back from Andy to allow Otis out after one of his benders. Heaven's finally safe again, though Danny Thomas might want to watch out for the speedtraps.

RIP Sheriff Taylor.

Helen was a B word! I have no idea why Andy didn't haul of and smack her. But it was by far the best show in the history of television.

RIP Andy. Mmmmmm, good cracker.

Well...between Eliie Walker and Helen Crump....Eliie a no brainer! and yes Helen seemed like a B word next to herbut Ellie and Thelma were never on the same show..only Helen and Thelma.

Well...between Eliie Walker and Helen Crump....Eliie a no brainer! and yes Helen seemed like a B word next to herbut Ellie and Thelma were never on the same show..only Helen and Thelma.

Ellie and Helen appeared together. As a matter of fact I think it was Andy and Ellie that hooked up Barney and Thelma Lou that might be the only episode though. I really know that show.

Oh and of course it's Ellie over Helen. She had access to all the drugs.