Mayberry mourns...Andy Griffith has passed away

Buftex

Finally turn on the news here and ut is all over. It was set about 45 minutes away from me. The show still airs 2 or 3 times a day on CBS during daytime; 1pm, 530p, and maybe one more.

I thought you lived close but not that close.

My prayers to his family.

Barney,Goober and him must be having

fun catching up!

Not to mention Floyd the Barber & Otis The Drunk :beer:

(And Jim Nabors wasn't well enough to appear at the Indy 500 a few weeks ago, so Gomer Pyle is probably "on deck")

RIP, General Rancor :(

post-2970-073507000 1341407555_thumb.jpg

This really shows the best of Don Knotts but I love this!

:P

Great stuff...I realize we are feating And here, but Knotts was hialrious. Anyone remember his flick "The Ghost Of Mr Chicken"? That was "can't miss tv" back in the day when WKBW would have their "Movie For a Sunday Afternoon"! And, then, of course, there was "The Incredible Mr Limpet"... what happens to those old movies?

Edited by Buftex

I thought it was filmed in California?

It was filmed in California but set outside of Mt. Airy, NC in a made up town, Mayberry. Griffith was a graduate of Mt. Airy High School and even went to UNC Chapen Hill.

He was born the same day and year as Marilyn Monroe, as well.

Andy Griffith show still airs at 10am, 1030am, and 530pm on our local CBS affiliate.

The first episode was great. A bit of trivia. In that episode Barney calls Andy cousin Andy. Only time that happens. And when Aunt Bee is leaving Opie says "we can't let her go. She can't fish, play ball or nuthin'. How will she live??".

Oh have I mentioned how many times I've seen that show?