Bills - Niners Ticket Update

Hi everyone.

I've been real busy lately but wanted to update all of you on the Bills-Niners ticket situation for the week five game at Candlestick on October 7th.

1) The Niners have sold out their allotment of season tickets and tickets are available only on the "secondary market."

2) The NorthStar Cafe in North Beach, home to the San Francisco Bills Backers will not be doing a ticket package this time. They plan to have a pregame party and busses down to the game but again, as far as tickets go, you're on your own.

3) Niners season ticket holders can re-sell their tickets on NFL Ticket Exchange and this is where I bought my block. Here's the website:

http://www.ticketexc...012?PID=1274065

Note that you can click on the section and the page automatically brings up all tickets available in that section

The Bills/Visitors sideline is clearly marked on the stadium chart and as I recall in 2004 when Bledsoe and Co. demolished the Niners 38-14 (one week prior to losing to the Steelers backups in the final week, thus squashing our playoff hopes), most of us Bills fans got tickets on that sideline. There seemed to be a particular large cluster of us in lower section 25 and 27 and lower box 19.

Here's a really nice site which has photo field views from all sections (I would open two tabs/windows so you can see the views while you're shopping for you seats):

http://www.seathound...tml#section_map

I just purchased 10 seats together in section (lower reserved) 19 and with taxes and fees the tickets were just under $150 each.

My advice would be to get your tickets now. If anyone with more experience going to games at "The Stick" have any useful suggestions or thoughts, please post them here.

Have a great Sunday, Bills Brothers and Sisters.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Candlestick park sucks. It's a freakin' hole. Horrible ingress/egress and Niner fans, for the most part, are front running tards. Get there early and plan on tailgating just as long post game because it takes forever to get out of there. It makes the Ralph look like the model for traffic movement.

My advice is buy the best tickets you can afford because the majority of the people you'll be sitting amongst will be a bunch of Chardonnay sipping hippies who will spend the majority of the game whining about how you root for your team. If you're going to have to put up with that, you might as well do it amongst the Bay Area's most wealthy.

!@#$ the Niners and their wimpy !@#$ing fans.

One more thought… the Visitors Sidelines on are on the east side of the stadium (more or less).

The game is a scheduled 1:15 PST kickoff and the sunset for that day is supposed to be at 6:43 PST.

That means that it's possible that later in the game and depending on where exactly you're seated, that the sun might come into play as far as getting into your eyes… I would guess it's not gonna be a factor unless the game goes into overtime.

Just thought I would add that to the discussion.

Candlestick park sucks. It's a freakin' hole. Horrible ingress/egress and Niner fans, for the most part, are front running tards. Get there early and plan on tailgating just as long post game because it takes forever to get out of there. It makes the Ralph look like the model for traffic movement.

My advice is buy the best tickets you can afford because the majority of the people you'll be sitting amongst will be a bunch of Chardonnay sipping hippies who will spend the majority of the game whining about how you root for your team. If you're going to have to put up with that, you might as well do it amongst the Bay Area's most wealthy.

Shootings after a Raiderz pre-season game, a few folks getiing beat up after the Saints playoff game. That's some mean 'white wine. The Stick is an old & soon to be abandoned relic. It is right off 101 but narrows down to a couple of lanes or you can enter from city streets in the Bayview. I might suggest the hippies are not there, but more like blue collar folks who cheer on their home town team like fans at RWS.

Shootings after a Raiderz pre-season game, a few folks getiing beat up after the Saints playoff game. That's some mean 'white wine. The Stick is an old & soon to be abandoned relic. It is right off 101 but narrows down to a couple of lanes or you can enter from city streets in the Bayview. I might suggest the hippies are not there, but more like blue collar folks who cheer on their home town team like fans at RWS.

I heard a lot of awful road stories from even the regular season 9ers game the year before. I know the wine jokes are big but I heard about a lot of gang stuff, and violence/super aggressive taunting of visitors both times saints fans travelled. Wouldn't be my top choice to visit, even though SF is an attractive destination on the road schedule

I lived in the South Bay, so entering from the SF side was out of the question.

I offered the "best seats" part amongst the hippies because of the bangers that tend to inhabit "gen pop" throughout the rest of that dump and I doubt most BILLS fans want to deal with even the possibility.

I'm not sure I ever saw any freakin' blue collar people at the Stick, though they were there in spades for Giants' games and many of them were just begging for an ass kicking.

I live here and I'm not planning on going.

It totally ruins any sporting event when someone complains about how much youre in the game. Even at bars or a house party. I can totally understand.......

I bought our tickets for the 9ers game on ticketexchange too

6 Bills fans will be located in section LE25 row36

Awesome, WSS!

For those interested in attending but possibly hesitant due to crowd behavior, I would say that Candlestick is probably no worse or no better than any NFL stadium.

One policy that was implemented after last year's preseason debacle between the Raiders and the Niners (which was stupidly scheduled as a night game) is that cops are assigned to the game (and off duty cops are encouraged to attend) and dress as fans of the visiting team.

Anyways, going to an opponents stadium while flying the colors is never for the faint of heart when it comes to NFL football.

But our group is gonna be loud and proud!

We'll be in lower reserve section 19, row 17, seats 6-15!

Awesome, WSS!

For those interested in attending but possibly hesitant due to crowd behavior, I would say that Candlestick is probably no worse or no better than any NFL stadium.

One policy that was implemented after last year's preseason debacle between the Raiders and the Niners (which was stupidly scheduled as a night game) is that cops are assigned to the game (and off duty cops are encouraged to attend) and dress as fans of the visiting team.

Anyways, going to an opponents stadium while flying the colors is never for the faint of heart when it comes to NFL football.

Great to hear. I'll be on the opposite side of you in section 4. Can't wait!

If anybody needs tickets, I've got 3 to spare. Always looking for more Bills fans to join me.

Send me a message if anyone is interested.

Edited by Mark Vader

Awesome, WSS!

My crew and I try to go to 2 road games per year, lately its been 1. We've been to 13 stadiums and we fly Red White and Bills' Blue pretty heavy, everywhere we go.

Everywhere you go you'll hear:

"Boy I love Losing SuperBowl"

"Wide Right"

"And you guys suck"

Mostly harmless back and forth.

Only two real incidents ever occurred. The fans in Jacksonville are just crazy for no apparent reason. Many invitations to fight. Really just strange behavior.

The other was in DC at the Redskins game, where a woman ran out of nowhere and pushed my friend as we were going down a flight of stairs. Her boyfriend came over and when there were 8 Bills fans asking him to control his woman, and HIS buddy stepped in and said "Yeah you need to put that one on a leash" Nothing escalated.

However haven't been to Philadelphia or San Fran yet, we might not go with the full regalia in San Fran as it is not worth getting stabbed simply for wearing the wrong colors at a football game.

The location of the stadium is just terrible. If you come from the East Bay you take the Bart. On it's own no problem but it arrives no where near Candlestick. The Muni ride is longer than the Bart trip across the bay stopping on every freakin street corner on the way there. Will never do that again. Pretty much better off taking a cab from Bart station to the stadium. As far as the fans I'm neither here nor there. The Niners fans I know are all great people. I have only been to two games there so haven't experienced or witnessed any atrocities. Unless you count a couple dudes passed out in there seats. I think they were Raider fans though.

Edited by Dante

However haven't been to Philadelphia or San Fran yet, we might not go with the full regalia in San Fran as it is not worth getting stabbed simply for wearing the wrong colors at a football game.

I have been to several Niners-Bills games at the Stick, wearing full regalia, and I've never had a problem.

You shouldn't have a problem, just don't start any stupid smack talking and you'll be fine.

The incident at last year's 49'ers-Raiders game was disturbing and ridiculous. It was a meaningless preseason game too. I can assure you, that is not the norm for the Stick.

I have been to several Niners-Bills games at the Stick, wearing full regalia, and I've never had a problem.

You shouldn't have a problem, just don't start any stupid smack talking and you'll be fine.

The incident at last year's 49'ers-Raiders game was disturbing and ridiculous. It was a meaningless preseason game too. I can assure you, that is not the norm for the Stick.

The 49ers crowd is ok, if the opposing teams fans don't start stuff. I have never seen anything negative at a 9ers-Bills game.Actually, the Bills over the years have been fairly successful there which is always good. The stick is a dump, and the Bills last appearance there will be this year.

Like you said the only crap I ever heard of is preseason when tickets are cheap or free and the gang banger wannabes show up.

The 49ers crowd is ok, if the opposing teams fans don't start stuff. I have never seen anything negative at a 9ers-Bills game.Actually, the Bills over the years have been fairly successful there which is always good. The stick is a dump, and the Bills last appearance there will be this year.

Like you said the only crap I ever heard of is preseason when tickets are cheap or free and the gang banger wannabes show up.

Been to a few Bill/Niner games. I've been harassed pretty good, on the verge of it getting out of control. Niner fans can be a notch just below Raider fan. I think it all depends on where you sit (but the parking lot is a free for all that you must maneuver). If you're in the lower priced end zone area, you might be asking for trouble. Whenever I've sat in the upper reaches of the park where I get my seats from Niner fans w/ season tickets...then it's a fairly good experience. I've been to games all over the west coast (w/ the exception of Oakland...won't go there), SF was the only place I had issues with. Thus I won't be going this year. I think a winning team, breads a bit of confidence and cockiness amongst the fan base. Don't want to deal w/ that, especially if the kids go with.

Well - we just got our tickets!!

For those of you planning on getting tickets and trying to figure out where you want to be in the stadium, we're in Lower Box Corner, Section 15. We have a dozen people going, though 2 are Niners fans and 2 are very confused Bears fans. But the section is close to the field and on the Bills' side, corner end zone. We're in Row I.

If anyone wants to start coordinating for a massive Buffalo style tailgate, feel free to post here - it's never too early to start talking tailgate party!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well - we just got our tickets!!

For those of you planning on getting tickets and trying to figure out where you want to be in the stadium, we're in Lower Box Corner, Section 15. We have a dozen people going, though 2 are Niners fans and 2 are very confused Bears fans. But the section is close to the field and on the Bills' side, corner end zone. We're in Row I.

If anyone wants to start coordinating for a massive Buffalo style tailgate, feel free to post here - it's never too early to start talking tailgate party!! :)

Just bought 4 more tickets today for a grand total of 14.

We're sitting in Lower Reserved 19 in row 17, seats 6-15 and 22-25 so we'll be pretty close to you.

Obviously the Niners are a very solid team but our boys are gonna give em the fight of their lives.

The first step to victory is to take over the stadium.

http://www.seathound.com/venue/candlestick-park-58/football-seating-views/lower_reserved_19.html#section_map

• 2 months later...

Is it too early to start planning for the Bills/Niners tailgate? I was about to order some Sahlens hot dogs and have an email into Genessee about getting some Genny Cream Ale :w00t: (Labatt Blue is pretty easy to find, so we'll have some of that too)

If anyone is interested in either a) trying to caravan into the stadium to stake out a Bills section in the parking lot and/or b) ordering tailgate food/suppliers together, let me know!

Awesome, WSS!

I have heard stories from my Uncle. He has lived in the area for 25+ years. I live in the Seattle area so I ask him if he was interested in doing the game. He said he didnt.

He used to regularly go to a niners game but in the last 5 years it seems to have gotten alot worse in the area and the way the fans are. I had said the environment makes the Raiders game look more appealing which isnt saying much.

The issue is with the stadium and where it is. He is fine going to a Giants game. He will likely go to aniners game when they move toward San Jose.

I have heard stories from my Uncle. He has lived in the area for 25+ years. I live in the Seattle area so I ask him if he was interested in doing the game. He said he didnt.

He used to regularly go to a niners game but in the last 5 years it seems to have gotten alot worse in the area and the way the fans are. I had said the environment makes the Raiders game look more appealing which isnt saying much.

The issue is with the stadium and where it is. He is fine going to a Giants game. He will likely go to aniners game when they move toward San Jose.

Much appreciate the forewarning, but not too concerned. I've been to Bills games games at Miami, Chicago, Denver and San Diego, and a Bears game in Oakland when things were rougher. Though each stadium is different, I've found two fundamental rules apply: expect to take some grief and shrug it off like a good fan, and don't act like a jerk and people won't usually be too belligerent. Plus, going in a big group with mixed fans is pretty helpful, which is what we're doing.

Anyway - if anyone wants to tailgate together, we have our 12 folks (LB15) and a few others that we watch Bills games with in Los Altos. If anyone lets me know in the next day or so, I'd be happy to get extra hot dogs, etc. for ya! Otherwise, at least we can still party together and it's byo.

Edited by calbear

Guest BrodanBillsfan

I'm going with a buddy who is a 49ers fan - sitting in lower stands section 29. We'd be up for joining a tailgate, are people caravaning in from somewhere?

I'm going with my son...We're also sitting in Section 29 row 20. Our 9er fan friends are sitting on the other side. I figured we'd be safe on the visiters side. Go Bills!!!

What's the word Bills fans? Where is everyone planning to tailgate this Sunday? Is there a large group forming?

That's what I want to know. My dad & I are going and I've never done any tailgating. I went the the Chargers-Bills game last year but didn't really do any tailgating. We'll be in section UR 09.