How finding a # 2 Receiver could be the last piece to the puzzle

Beg to differ but QB is the last and MOST important piece to the puzzle.....Fitz will have this year and this year alone to prove whether he can be that guy. Nix and company will not waste one more season on this guy if he does not show up in 2012. Way too much talent on this team to let it go to waste. I think there is a 4-5 year window on making some noise and that has to start sooner rather than later....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think Fitz has the talent to contend with the leagues elite QB's to win the superbowl?

Thankfully, Fitz doesn't have to contend with any QBs. He just has to face defenses. And yes, I think he has the talent to lead a championship team as long as he doesn't have to carry the team on his back. See: Jeff Hostetler, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson.

Graham won't start this year. He is raw. Nelson is a slot and is too slow to be starting receiver in the nfl. Easley, Hagan or Jones will battle it out. Jones might have failed to impress last year but it was his first year as a starter and he's very early in his career. Easley showed flashes in pre season and no one knows exactly what he will bring. Hagan did a solid job when he was given the opportunity.

Either one of those three can be serviceable but my hope is that Easley takes this job and runs with it.

Same here. But I wouldn't count-out Graham. I don't think the #2 WR will be more than a guy to stretch the defense and occasionally be targeted for the long bomb, just to keep defenses honest. The majority of the passes will go to Stevie, Nelson (a fine #3/slot WR), Chandler, and Freddie or CJ.

They obviously need someone to step up as the #2 receiver, since they didn't fill that spot in the off-season. I still think the biggest question is whether or not Fitz is a QB that can take a team to the Superbowl. He has to prove he can put together a complete season, not a few really good games then a bunch of really bad games. History shows you don't need Joe Montana to get to a Superbowl, but you do need a consistently good quarterback.

Threads like this make me nervous. We got a lot better, but were have to win our division first before we can talk about Super Bowls

I agree, I am as excited as anyone, but we have to end the NFL's longest playoff drought before we can even discuss Super Bowl.

I believe that game one against the jets our reciever opposite Stevie will be either Marcus Easley or TJ Graham. Both are very fast, TJ being the faster but Easley is taller which could match up against the bigger more physical jets receivers. Mark it down here tho!!! Don't sleep on Kamar Aiken, reminds me of Stevie his first couple of years and I think he can develop.

I believe that game one against the jets our reciever opposite Stevie will be either Marcus Easley or TJ Graham. Both are very fast, TJ being the faster but Easley is taller which could match up against the bigger more physical jets receivers. Mark it down here tho!!! Don't sleep on Kamar Aiken, reminds me of Stevie his first couple of years and I think he can develop.

So we're going to line up Easley across from Holmes week 1?

You think Fitz has the talent to contend with the leagues elite QB's to win the superbowl?

Holy crap, this again!?!?! Fitz does not have to play tom Brady, drew breeze, Aaron rodgers, or any QB! Let our new and improved defence see If they can.

Fitz just has to play his game, and stay healthy. I'll take Fitz over Trent differ or brad Johnson.

Edited by JaxBills

We still have a crap load of work to be done, no team has ever won games on paper....just sayin. We look the best that we have in a really really long time as far as our roster depth is concerned and Nix, Brandon and Gailey have busted their asses, I commend them 110% on their efforts. I think we should be focused on finishing above .500 for once instead of superbowl talk.

We have to hope one of these existing WR will step up and a more balanced attack will provide more holes in opposing defenses. We do still need a WR, and an athletic Tight End. Living in Tampa, I've watched Kellen Winslow for four years. It's a shame we didn't go after him as having a big target in Chandler, and an athletic red zone threat like Winslow would have made our WR better. Seattle's getting a solid guy. He's not been a problem at all for the last 4 years, and has been one of the most productive players on the Bucs. Moving on.

With the recent signings we have made I honestly think finding a number 2 reciever wheter its Jones, Easley , Hagan , Nelson or TJ graham could be crucial . I could see nelson beating everyone out and tj graham being our slot. Think about it, there are no more weakness on this team except for WR. I hear a lot of people say linebacker as a weakness but i think sheppard barnett and Bradham are a pretty solid group of linebackers( Yes i think Bradham starts Week 1), and there going look even better with the D line of M.Williams Dareus and K. williams and Merriman. Our Defensive backpacks could be out best position if your really think about how good that D line is going make them. Byrd Wilson/Searcy Gilmore Williams Mcgee ( Mckelvin is my sleeper pick to have a really good year because its his last year before being a free agent) Justin rogers Ron Brooks. am just really pumped for this year, GO BILLS!

Don't know about the Super Bowl, but, yes agreed that the #2 receiver is the last weak spot. If one of the young guys can step up or if Buddy finds a trading partner for a #2 receiver that is to good to pass on (I haven't read anything about such a trade possibility), our Offense takes another leap forward and becomes much more difficult to deal with.

Don't know about the Super Bowl, but, yes agreed that the #2 receiver is the last weak spot. If one of the young guys can step up or if Buddy finds a trading partner for a #2 receiver that is to good to pass on (I haven't read anything about such a trade possibility), our Offense takes another leap forward and becomes much more difficult to deal with.

I agree that we have a lot of question marks on WR. TJ and Easley are both unproven and we will be well served by adding another vet (read: proven) presence at that position. If there are some surprise cuts in June, Buddy should pounce on one of them.