I think the Bills should sign Visanthe Shiancoe TE

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe either of them, Clark or Shiancoe, have anything left. We should stay clear, imo.

Clark is a bit small and doesn't run block at all. Shiancoe on the other hand put up similar stats to Chandler last season and Shiancoe had McNabb and Ponder throwing to him not exactly great QB play. I think Shiancoe as a backup would fill out a small need for depth at tightend and make the roster a little bit better for a small price. While Chandler would be a better blocker Shiancoe would at least provide a similar if not better receiving threat and at least be a somewhat willing blocker.

Clark is a bit small and doesn't run block at all. Shiancoe on the other hand put up similar stats to Chandler last season and Shiancoe had McNabb and Ponder throwing to him not exactly great QB play. I think Shiancoe as a backup would fill out a small need for depth at tightend and make the roster a little bit better for a small price. While Chandler would be a better blocker Shiancoe would at least provide a similar if not better receiving threat and at least be a somewhat willing blocker.

Shianco was awesome when Favre was there. Of course, he had Favre throwing to him.

I'd rather get a minimum for Plaxico Burress, if he's not picked up by June. He'd be another large threat, now in shape, and have a training camp. He wouldn't hurt in the red zone, and does a nice job over the middle. I understand this is a tight end thread, but wouldn't hurt to have a very experienced tall WR.

If he was so great there is no way the vikes let him go with a young QB they are trying to protect and develop. I really wish Bills fans would quit going after just 'names' without actually understanding there is a reason these guys are on the street

I'd rather get a minimum for Plaxico Burress, if he's not picked up by June. He'd be another large threat, now in shape, and have a training camp. He wouldn't hurt in the red zone, and does a nice job over the middle. I understand this is a tight end thread, but wouldn't hurt to have a very experienced tall WR.

Yeah I agree with you on this, he would definitely be more useful in our spread offense

If he was so great there is no way the vikes let him go with a young QB they are trying to protect and develop. I really wish Bills fans would quit going after just 'names' without actually understanding there is a reason these guys are on the street

Scott Chandler was on let go and was on the street too...