UPDATE: QB Vince Young Signs With Buffalo Bills

But anyways, I come back to school and the first thing I do is go on this website. I then see a whole bunch of articles on Vince Young coming to Buffalo on TBD and I think what everybody is saying about this. I click on this expecting 2 or 3 pages, maybe half of a fourth page; instead I see 11 pages (almost 12) and I'm like,"Congradulations guys." Not sure if I should laugh or applaud you guys. :worthy:

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why all the excitement for this guy? I'd want a backup that plays similar to the starter. When u have a guy like vince young your offense has to make too many adjustments when he's in. Think tebow or vick. Those adjustments make it harder to run the offense for all involved. Give me a pocket passer for a backup. That way the line, receivers, and rbs don't have to adjust to a running qb. If we had signed vick, then young or tebow would have been good backup options as they are running qbs

Edited by loyal2dagame

Interesting read:

“When I land somewhere, sure I’d like to (start). Everybody feels that way. But all I can do is come in and compete. It is like I am getting drafted all over again, you go in and compete and let the coaches and front office people make the decision.”

Maybe he is maturing a bit...

"Team president Joe Banner told PFT Live last year that the Eagles wanted Young to sign a two-year deal, but that Young wanted to commit only for one season, so that he could try to get a starting job in 2012."

PFT Link

Here are YOungs stats for 2011 for those of you who said he looked pretty good:

DATE OPP RESULT CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT RAT

Sun 10/16 WSH W 20-13 0 1 0 0.0 0.00 0 0 1 0.0

Sun 11/13 ARI L 17-21 0 0 0 0.0 0.00 0 0 0 0.0

Sun 11/20 NYG W 17-10 23 36 258 63.9 7.17 32 2 3 69.0

Sun 11/27 NE L 20-38 26 48 400 54.2 8.33 58 1 1 80.2

Thu 12/1 SEA L 14-31 17 29 208 58.6 7.17 47 1 4 52.7

Sun 12/18 NYJ W 45-19 0 0 0 0.0 0.00 0 0 0 0.0

REGULAR SEASON STATS 66 114 866 57.9 7.60 58 4 9 60.8

Not that great or good really. 4TDs to 9 INTs. Again below a 60% Passer rating. Knock on Thigpen all you want, but at least he was playing a a really injured team last season with street WRs, 4th string centers and 3rd string OL.

Anyways, again the guy is looking to start, whether you say the Bills will tell him it is to be a backup is irrelevant. He passed up a 2 year contract on his "Dream Team" to be able to start again...He is NOT worth the Headache.

Edited by reed83 4th Rounder

1335910170[/url]' post='2455163']

Why all the excitement for this guy? I'd want a backup that plays similar to the starter. When u have a guy like vince young your offense has to make too many adjustments when he's in. Think tebow or vick. Those adjustments make it harder to run the offense for all involved. Give me a pocket passer for a backup. That way the line, receivers, and rbs don't have to adjust to a running qb. If we had signed vick, then young or tebow would have been good backup options as they are running qbs

Because his winning % is twice of fitz. I think young should be our backup, if signed, but his upside is higher than fitz IMO. At least he's had success winning in the nfl. would be a smart addition in my eyes, he can't be much worse than thigpen.

1335909743[/url]' post='2455158']

Not going to attempt to read all 11 pages, but just gonna throw my 2 cents in here.

This is a fantastic idea to bring him in for a workout. Why...simply because its just a workout. Let our coaches see what kind of workout this kid can put together, I mean there is literally no risk here. There is no question he is the most gifted QB currently available on the market, so bring him in and see if the coaches see enough potential to take a flyer on rebuilding his career. If Chan can get what he got out of Thigpen in KC and get what he gets out of Fitz, then you have to be optimistic about Chans ability to work with Vince.

He will come cheap and be a guy that will easily push for the back up job, if not win it out right. So one would think he should be an upgrade over Thigpen at least and probably cheaper assuming he impresses in his workout and shows the right mental attitude. At the same time, if Chan could resurrect this kids career and coach him up, he has the potential to push to start if Fitz can't find some consistency this year or if Fitz gets hurt.

As we sit right now, I would take Fitz over Young all day of course. So I am not saying he is some automatic upgrade. But lets face facts, Fitz has still not ever put together a consistent season in his entire career and still has question marks himself. Fitz is easily the safer bet right now and the better QB until proven otherwise, but Young does have a lot of ability, and Chan has a knack for getting the most out of his QB's. So if Chan can turn Vince around somehow and help him realize his potential then he could be a very dangerous QB.

All of this are big "ifs" though, but the point is the Bills have nothing to lose bringing this guy in and seeing what the staff thinks of him. And if they give him a shot and sign him to compete, then even better and still no risk because he will be cheap and can be easily cut if he doesnt work out.

I am no fan of Young, but at the same time I recognize his potential is still there and I have a lot of faith in Chans ability to maximize the talents of his QB's. Poor Chan just hasn't had a lot of talented QB's to work with.

Well said alpha. My thoughts exactly. But I REALLY hope we sign him.

VY is much better than his stats and how his career has turned out. Some of it his fault, some of it not. I think if he can mature a bit, he has some football in him and would be a big upgrade for what could happen, say fitz went down with injury. I really hope we sign him

Plenty of people wanted to start Frank Riech(not saying it was rational :lol:), just to defend against Kelly throwing a big pick that would cost us the game.

If people were worrying about a that wouldn't it have made more sense to put Reich in the closer's role? Let JK start the games and Reich gets the 4th quarter.

Dear Buddy,

I have been a fan and a season ticket holder since 1987. My passion for this team has never wavered. I became a Buffalo Bills fan after years of growing up as a Giant fan. In 1987, I moved to Buffalo and needed to root for a team I thought I could more identify with. At that time Ronnie Harmon had dropped the pass that would have changed the Buffalo Bills franchise around and in spite of that I saw great things happening for the Bills so I made the commitment emotionally and financially. I am saying this with all honesty. If you sign Vince Young I will take my business else were. That is a promise.

Lemme guess...you're the dude that caught Vince Young's shoulder pads when he threw them into the stands & you're still upset you only got 12 bucks for them on eBay

Damn straight, 1gap. You have to draw the line somewhere. My wife cheated on me for 12 years, much of the time in the spare bedroom down the hall, until one morning when she burned my toast and I threw that dirty b#$%& out on the street! A man can only take so much!

Hilarious!

But anyways, I come back to school and the first thing I do is go on this website. I then see a whole bunch of articles on Vince Young coming to Buffalo on TBD and I think what everybody is saying about this. I click on this expecting 2 or 3 pages, maybe half of a fourth page; instead I see 11 pages (almost 12) and I'm like,"Congradulations guys." Not sure if I should laugh or applaud you guys. :worthy:

Algebra sucks!

Damn straight, 1gap. You have to draw the line somewhere. My wife cheated on me for 12 years, much of the time in the spare bedroom down the hall, until one morning when she burned my toast and I threw that dirty b#$%& out on the street! A man can only take so much!

So, did ya save the toast? It's perfectly fine if you scrape the burnt off, and lather it up with peanut butter. :thumbsup:

FYI...VY decided not to go back to Eagles per PFT.com, not vice versa.

Um, well, I think these decisions are usually mutual... as in, if the Eagles had offered VY what VY wanted, he would have been happy to return.

But they offered him what they thought he was worth and told him "have fun, don't get hurt" when he explained their mistake.

"Team president Joe Banner told PFT Live last year that the Eagles wanted Young to sign a two-year deal, but that Young wanted to commit only for one season, so that he could try to get a starting job in 2012."

PFT Link

Here are YOungs stats for 2011 for those of you who said he looked pretty good:

DATE OPP RESULT CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT RAT

Sun 10/16 WSH W 20-13 0 1 0 0.0 0.00 0 0 1 0.0

Sun 11/13 ARI L 17-21 0 0 0 0.0 0.00 0 0 0 0.0

Sun 11/20 NYG W 17-10 23 36 258 63.9 7.17 32 2 3 69.0

Sun 11/27 NE L 20-38 26 48 400 54.2 8.33 58 1 1 80.2

Thu 12/1 SEA L 14-31 17 29 208 58.6 7.17 47 1 4 52.7

Sun 12/18 NYJ W 45-19 0 0 0 0.0 0.00 0 0 0 0.0

REGULAR SEASON STATS 66 114 866 57.9 7.60 58 4 9 60.8

Not that great or good really. 4TDs to 9 INTs. Again below a 60% Passer rating. Knock on Thigpen all you want, but at least he was playing a a really injured team last season with street WRs, 4th string centers and 3rd string OL.

Anyways, again the guy is looking to start, whether you say the Bills will tell him it is to be a backup is irrelevant. He passed up a 2 year contract on his "Dream Team" to be able to start again...He is NOT worth the Headache.

Good post/info here.

VY is a toxic mess who wants to start and is sure to mess up the good chemistry our losing team has actually been able to build up here. His 31-19 record is about as misleading as Tebows winning record is. The bottom line is, the NFL will never be a running QBs league. Young is a one-progression passer who takes off after one read. His accuracy sucks, as does his attitude and work ethic. Please say no Buffalo.