UPDATE: QB Vince Young Signs With Buffalo Bills

I have NFL game rewind. Ill go look it up and see how many times we used it, how many 1st downs, yards ect and get back to you

As an aside, did you get the offseason package? I had it for last year's season, but now I can't access the games anymore until I pick up the 2012 season.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As an aside, did you get the offseason package? I had it for last year's season, but now I can't access the games anymore until I pick up the 2012 season.

Yes I bought the offseason version but im planning on getting the package when the season starts. I live outside the Bills market now and i think thatll be my cheapest way to watch games

Yeah, me, too. I was not happy when I tried to access the game rewind and I needed the off season package.

Still, the game rewind is an awesome deal overall. I will definitely do it again this year.

my gut says that the wildcat, though not as exciting as its initial introduction, in the right spots can be more effective for a short yardage play.

additionally, it adds an extra wrinkle - one that i think takes the defense more time to prepare against, than the offense to install. just having one or two plays ready on offense means that the defense has to be ready for a full extra package.

i agree.

id be curious to see the rush averages out of power sets. it seemed a lot of the average was a result of running in space with the spread, not power running and dictating to defenses.

fisher didnt seem to like him before he was drafted. i think it had a lot more to do with something going on between fisher and adams, than fisher and young in regards to where the relationship with his qb soured. young didnt help, but he certainly looked like he could have used a more supportive situation.

I can't argue my point anymore on this. The people that are pro wildcat will always say there is so much more reason to have it than not. And vice versa for the anti wildcat people.

In my final comment to this argument I will again say this:

1. The yardage gained from any wildcat QB is most likely no different than ANY starting quality RB couldn't get in the NFL.

2. The wildcat doesn't fool ANYONE. Not spectators, not coaches, not players. Everyone watching a play and the Person lining up in the QB position is a WR, RB, or anyone else besides thelat teams starting QB knows it's going to be a run almost 90+% of the time. And when it's actually a pass we get the lame duck of a pass that Smity had in his 1 attmept last year.

3. When you have to OVERPAY for some gadget player who is capable of 3-4 roles but not good enough to start at any of them in favor of keeping a young talent on the team with potential youbare handicapping yourself. Which leads to...

4. There is no reason to pay a guy and hold a roster spot that someone already in the team isn't doing. And if you just used another trick play like an end around, reverse, flea flicker, etc... Then you get to keep your offense in tact and actually can suprise the defense some of the time.

I can't stress enough that not a single person on the planet got fooled into thinking Brad Smith was going to throw a pass out of the wildcat at all last season. Oh, sorry, it happened once last year and the player he threw it to was extremely wide open because nobody was worried about his passing ability to hit the broad side of a barn. So simply out, just defend the run when it's there and if you happen to get thrown on, chances are it will be a horrible throw and either picked off or incomplete anyway. The % chance it's a perfect storm of a pass and a complete one at that is so minimal it doesn't scare anyone.

I can't argue my point anymore on this. The people that are pro wildcat will always say there is so much more reason to have it than not. And vice versa for the anti wildcat people.

In my final comment to this argument I will again say this:

1. The yardage gained from any wildcat QB is most likely no different than ANY starting quality RB couldn't get in the NFL.

2. The wildcat doesn't fool ANYONE. Not spectators, not coaches, not players. Everyone watching a play and the Person lining up in the QB position is a WR, RB, or anyone else besides thelat teams starting QB knows it's going to be a run almost 90+% of the time. And when it's actually a pass we get the lame duck of a pass that Smity had in his 1 attmept last year.

3. When you have to OVERPAY for some gadget player who is capable of 3-4 roles but not good enough to start at any of them in favor of keeping a young talent on the team with potential youbare handicapping yourself. Which leads to...

4. There is no reason to pay a guy and hold a roster spot that someone already in the team isn't doing. And if you just used another trick play like an end around, reverse, flea flicker, etc... Then you get to keep your offense in tact and actually can suprise the defense some of the time.

I can't stress enough that not a single person on the planet got fooled into thinking Brad Smith was going to throw a pass out of the wildcat at all last season. Oh, sorry, it happened once last year and the player he threw it to was extremely wide open because nobody was worried about his passing ability to hit the broad side of a barn. So simply out, just defend the run when it's there and if you happen to get thrown on, chances are it will be a horrible throw and either picked off or incomplete anyway. The % chance it's a perfect storm of a pass and a complete one at that is so minimal it doesn't scare anyone.

Ummm... the Wildcat was never designed to fool anyone. It was designed to get one extra blocker against the defense, to give the advantage to the run blockers.

And Brad Smith can throw the ball, and throw it well. Gailey was actually surprised at how well he could throw when the practices started, and said so, which is one of the reasons why they decided to not even keep a #3 QB on the practice squad most of the year, let alone the active roster.

Mario Williams just congratulated Vince Young on twitter and said nice to have you. I think he signed.

Mario Williams ‏ @bbwolf90

Congrats to @VinceYoung glad to have you!

Collapse

Retweet

Favorite

50+ Retweets

2 Favorites

Tim Hersey Andy Levulis Peter Fay Shelby Light Alan Alanis Shane Cahill Nick Guy

Edited by BRAWNDO

I hope it doesnt cause a QB controversy, but I like the signing. if Fitz goes down, I feel alot better with VY than with Thighpen.

That's pretty much how I feel about it. But I just cringe at the thought of Fitz having a couple sub-par games. Please folks, let's stick with our leader as long as possible.

I'm not really a big fan of this, unless Vince Young is a good soldier and good teammate and member of the locker room. If he sits on the bench the entire year I doubt he is going to be happy. But now that he is a member of the team, he's our guy and I wish him well. He's probably an upgrade of Thigpen but I'm not a huge fan of his game (mostly because of his head).