UPDATE: QB Vince Young Signs With Buffalo Bills

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Winning%? Trent friffin dilfer had a good winning percentage with the ravens. Young's winning percentage may have something to do with the Titans defense.

Wouldn't the team do well with other starters then?

Can one of his fanboys tell us Young's 'record as a starter' since his last nervous breakdown? I really don't care what he did in 2006.

Like in 2009 when he got comeback player of the year and won 5 straight after the titans achieved an 0-6 start?

Not a huge fan but come on. Since 2009 he's gone like 14-8 (8-2, 5-5, 1-2) as a guy in some bad situations that's hardly terrible.

I haven't verified the list below, but if these are the available FA QBs, I'd have to say Vince Young is the best available. You can make a case for Kyle Boller but that's about it. The follow up question: is VY better than Thigpen? I hope so and trust that mgt. will be able to figure that out.

List of available FA QBs:

Quarterbacks:

Max Hall – ARI

Jake Delhomme - HOU

Luke McCown – JAC

Tyler Palko – KC

J.P. Losman – MIA

Donovan McNabb – MIN

Mark Brunell – NYJ

Kevin O’Connell – NYJ ®

Kyle Boller – OAK

Vince Young – PHI

Dennis Dixon – PIT

Billy Volek – SD

A.J. Feeley - STL

Kellen Clemens – STL

John Beck – WAS

My follow up question would be, "Is Vince Young better than Trend Edwards?"

I wonder and I trust the Eagles' management has figured it out.

GO BILLS!!!

I haven't verified the list below, but if these are the available FA QBs, I'd have to say Vince Young is the best available. You can make a case for Kyle Boller but that's about it. The follow up question: is VY better than Thigpen? I hope so and trust that mgt. will be able to figure that out.

List of available FA QBs:

Quarterbacks:

Max Hall – ARI

Jake Delhomme - HOU

Luke McCown – JAC

Tyler Palko – KC

J.P. Losman – MIA

Donovan McNabb – MIN

Mark Brunell – NYJ

Kevin O’Connell – NYJ ®

Kyle Boller – OAK

Vince Young – PHI

Dennis Dixon – PIT

Billy Volek – SD

A.J. Feeley - STL

Kellen Clemens – STL

John Beck – WAS

In all honesty, I'd take Beck over Young.

would be a great move for the bills. fitz goes down w the roster as it stands we may as well get some

guy from a bar in south buffalo to qb.

My follow up question would be, "Is Vince Young better than Trend Edwards?"

I wonder and I trust the Eagles' management has figured it out.

GO BILLS!!!

trent edwards -post concussion---could not do well for a high school team

no way. he has proven he can not read a D fast enough and get the ball out quick enough.

Why bother wasting time when we know the end results

Because we have a coach who has made Mike Tomczak and Kordell Stewart into playoff QBs, and Vince Young has more talent than those two put together?

The book isn't finished on Young, and if this staff feels like VY is prepared to work, where is the harm in signing him to be our backup? For as much as he apparently sucks, he has whupped the hell out of the Bills a few times in his career. It wouldn't surprise me at all to find that Gailey's staff is a much better fit than Jeff Fisher's for a guy like VY.

It's funny how a player can royally crap the bed as a pro, but as long as he was a stud in college people still act like he's all that.

Personally I take Buddy & Chan's opinion. If they want him, I'm fine.

PTR

dear god no NO NO. there isn't a bigger moron in the league. cancer stay away.

How about the guy who shot himself in the leg in a club?

It's funny how a player can royally crap the bed as a pro, but as long as he was a stud in college people still act like he's all that.

PTR

How exactly did Young royally crap the bed as a pro? That's a statement worthy of JP Losman or 2009 vintage Trent Edwards. Young has outplayed both by a wide margin. He's definitely not lived up to his draft status, but he has a much better record than most NFL draftees at QB.

What he has done is coasted by on his talent... much like Vick had till the lights came on for him. I wouldn't rule out the right matchup making things happen for Young. Now, I don't want him as the starter right now, but he still has a ceiling to hit, IMO.

Dear Buddy,

I have been a fan and a season ticket holder since 1987. My passion for this team has never wavered. I became a Buffalo Bills fan after years of growing up as a Giant fan. In 1987, I moved to Buffalo and needed to root for a team I thought I could more identify with. At that time Ronnie Harmon had dropped the pass that would have changed the Buffalo Bills franchise around and in spite of that I saw great things happening for the Bills so I made the commitment emotionally and financially. I am saying this with all honesty. If you sign Vince Young I will take my business else were. That is a promise.

I love it when people do/say this type of thing. Happened when we signed TO also. Get a life. Nobody cares really. If a player helps the team he helps the team. He's not a criminal. I wonder how you felt about Lynch when he was gun toting, weed smoking and running people over. Bye!

Give VY a freaking break. Just cuz he didn't work out in Philly doesn't mean he won't work out here. He is an incredible athlete that became a head case. He could get it back with the right situation and good coaching. He is something like 33-17 as a starter, I remember some incredible late game heroics, he was a top fantasy QB for a few years. Tennessee didn't just win because of Tennessee's defense they won because they were a team and VY carried the offense. If I recall he never had a receiver worth a damn to throw to. I am sure the FO is thinking, if Fitz gets hurt how do we win with Thigpen? The answer is you probably don't.

Because we have a coach who has made Mike Tomczak and Kordell Stewart into playoff QBs, and Vince Young has more talent than those two put together?

The book isn't finished on Young, and if this staff feels like VY is prepared to work, where is the harm in signing him to be our backup? For as much as he apparently sucks, he has whupped the hell out of the Bills a few times in his career. It wouldn't surprise me at all to find that Gailey's staff is a much better fit than Jeff Fisher's for a guy like VY.

Fisher never wanted the kid. It was a toxic fit for some reason.

PTR

He's been .500 or better every season but last year, on teams that were bad without him.

The way I see it...thigpen sucks and if fitzy gets hurt I'm scared to death our season is for nothing, so I say bring in VY and let him be the backup, he's 1000x more capable than thigpen an he's mobile, I think he's a backup QB and i say give him a shot in b'lo

Fisher never wanted the kid. It was a toxic fit for some reason.

He's been .500 or better every season but last year, on teams that were bad without him.

You're completely ignoring half of his history. You can't seriously dismiss the debacle in Tennessee (which literally sent Jeff Fischer packing, whose career with the Titan started when they were still called the Oilers), as "a toxic fit for some reason." That's like saying of someone who died of lung cancer, "it was an allergic reaction to cigarettes for some reason." That "some reason" is pretty important and worth looking into.