Peter King

Agreed. Let's see how much everyone does come November/December...

All Buddy can do is build a team on paper. It's ultimately up to the players to actually perform and execute. As it stands, Buddy has knocked us up and spent the 9 months bringing us pickles and ice cream and rubbing our feet. He's made the FA signings, he's drafted players we wanted. It certainly looks like we should have more than enough talent to compete and win. Now it's up to the players to have that baby.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All Buddy can do is build a team on paper. It's ultimately up to the players to actually perform and execute. As it stands, Buddy has knocked us up and spent the 9 months bringing us pickles and ice cream and rubbing our feet. He's made the FA signings, he's drafted players we wanted. It certainly looks like we should have more than enough talent to compete and win. Now it's up to the players to have that baby.

Yeah, but the coaches have to deliver the baby.

I've never figured out why they do it, but college Olines are often coached to not move if there's a defensive offsides. Someone told me once that it helps draw attention to the offsides, not sure if that's the real reason. Either way, I've never understood it and think it's pretty stupid. But watch a day of college football and you'll see it, though that's the first time I've ever seen just one guy do it.

Apparently he thought it was offsides. While the rest of the line didn't freeze, I'd guess most of them thought so too by the way the defense just ran by them all. Without being on the field it's tough to say what really happened, but as ridiculous as he looks, I THINK what really happened is he was the most disciplined of the bunch and froze like he was coached to do.

After watching the play again, I have to say it was just a big mistake by Zebrie. Not sure what he thought he saw, but there was no offsides and the line didn't think so either, they just got beat real bad. Anyways, that's the stupidity of the design.

all 4 guys froze for a looong time after the snap, so maybe the center went early? it was a weird play to make sense of. couldnt quite tell if the qb was surprised by the timing of the snap or if it was just a little high. his commitment to excellence on that play was fantastic though!

Completely agreed. I purposely left them out of my analogy because they are the grey area between what Buddy does, and what the players do. But you nailed it. They have to get those players to push, even when they dont want to.

I agree. Well said.

Completely agreed. I purposely left them out of my analogy because they are the grey area between what Buddy does, and what the players do. But you nailed it. They have to get those players to push, even when they dont want to.

Just so we're all clear on this convoluted, but much loved, analogy :D ...

Buddy Nix = The Baby-Daddy

Chan Gailey = The OB/GYN delivering the Baby

The Players = The Mother in Labor

Wins/Championship = The Baby

B-)

Just so we're all clear on this convoluted, but much loved, analogy :D ...

Buddy Nix = The Baby-Daddy

Chan Gailey = The OB/GYN delivering the Baby

The Players = The Mother in Labor

Wins/Championship = The Baby

What's that make the fans!?

Was there ever an explanation for this?

Rick Trickett had a thing about lineman not moving after they believed the other team jumped offside. I never really liked it because it could have gotten them killed.

"Tricky Rick" Trickett" might have overthought that concept.

all 4 guys froze for a looong time after the snap, so maybe the center went early? it was a weird play to make sense of. couldnt quite tell if the qb was surprised by the timing of the snap or if it was just a little high. his commitment to excellence on that play was fantastic though!

I didn't watch it a second time but that was my thought, too.

Possibly the center snapped the ball on the wrong count. In particular the right guard almost "pulled a Zebrie" but he finally started out of his stance when he realized the play was not gonna be whistled down. Zebrie was pretty obstinate about it… you could see his head moving to follow the play but at some point the whistle clearly hasn't blown and he has to make the effort to come to the rescue of his quarterback.

The first mistake wasn't his but he probably should have moved at some point… he had made his point to Trickett already by staying in his stance for a second. After that it's live play.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

What's that make the fans!?

Grandparents? Yeah, I'll go with that...

The Fans = The (Proud) Grandparents.

We get to enjoy the good times with not much of the work. And yell at the Parents (FO and Players) when the baby misbehaves. Maybe throw them some money every once in a while. :thumbsup:

Was there ever an explanation for this?

If you continually false start, your punishment is that you have to freeze in your stance until someone makes contact with you. It's used more often in practice, and gives defenders a free shot at you. Nobody touched him on that play, so he had to sit there and wait for contact.

Looks like a great draft right now..but remember the Bills won only six games last year. In the final analysis its about wining football games. Its time to put up significant wins or get out. Everybody has a great draft now...tell me about it in December.

Take any team, then take away half their starters, and see what you have? At least Buddy knows we need depth, which this draft hopefully provides.

PTR

Looks like a great draft right now..but remember the Bills won only six games last year. In the final analysis its about wining football games. Its time to put up significant wins or get out. Everybody has a great draft now...tell me about it in December.

How could we ever forget? :rolleyes: