LT - Who needs em ahead of us?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you aware how many years and games Bradford has played for the Rams? You take making a premature judgment to a very silly level.

2 seasons. And if the Bills won 2 games in his second year, like Bradford just did with the Rams, we'd be calling for his head. Thank you for proving my point

PTR

I think it's been pretty clear from everything said that the Bills like Martin and Glenn. Let's hope one of the two are available. I'm thinking Glenn will be, and he would probably be my choice. Either would be good with me though.

It seems that Nix really didn't like Reiff too much as a LT prospect and flat out said he was surprised he went in the first round, as if he didn't think he warranted it.

2 seasons. And if the Bills won 2 games in his second year, like Bradford just did with the Rams, we'd be calling for his head. Thank you for proving my point

PTR

Are you aware that for most of last season Bradford was hurt? If 32 GMs, including Nix, had the choice of having Bradford or Fitz as their qb all would select Bradford.

By the way what point did I prove to you?

Since there will probably be several trades at the top of the round, it is impossible to say what teams will take a OT. Bottom line...if the Bills want Martin or Glenn, trade up to the top of the round and get one!

worst advice possible, how bout if idiot teams trade up for tier 2 talent at tackle, we take the best wr there and keep our picks as is.

worst advice possible, how bout if idiot teams trade up for tier 2 talent at tackle, we take the best wr there and keep our picks as is.

are you kidding me.. there are 2 1st rd rated OT still sitting their... We have a woeful depth at OT, Nix has said he wants 2 OT'ds in this draft, and one of those OT's needs to be capable of competing for a starting spot immediately.

For a Measley 4th rd pick we can pretty much guarantee Either Glenn or Martin.

are you kidding me.. there are 2 1st rd rated OT still sitting their... We have a woeful depth at OT, Nix has said he wants 2 OT'ds in this draft, and one of those OT's needs to be capable of competing for a starting spot immediately.

all depends where we rated them.

Rams have 2 picks before us, I'm betting one is a WR and the other is an OL.

Browns have shown an interest in Glenn at RT. I'm sure other teams may be looking to move up for him as well.

Good chance Martin and Glenn could both be gone imo. Should be an interesting day 2 for us.

PTR

Look, you stumbled into another ridiculous statement and now you are reponding the predictable replies with an attack on other Bills fans (surprise!).

Bradford has played a fraction of the 5 years you cite for your argument and in his first year he had more wins than the team had the previous 3 years combined.

Fitz has won one more game than Stafford the past 2 years, despite more starts on what is likely a better team. No one is calling for his head.

The draftniks rated them as 1st round tackles, not the NFL teams. There is always a bigger demand for OTs (especially LTs) than the draft can fill. Rest assured that if any NFL teams had Glenn and Martin rated as 1st round caliber players, they would be gone given the need for OTs. Every year, there are OTs that weren't rated as 1st round players that get pulled into the 1st round because of this demand. I think that Glenn and Martin being available in round 2 says a lot about how the NFL views them.

The draftniks rated them as 1st round tackles, not the NFL teams. There is always a bigger demand for OTs (especially LTs) than the draft can fill. Rest assured that if any NFL teams had Glenn and Martin rated as 1st round caliber players, they would be gone given the need for OTs. Every year, there are OTs that weren't rated as 1st round players that get pulled into the 1st round because of this demand. I think that Glenn and Martin being available in round 2 says a lot about how the NFL views them.

Depends on which draftniks, also they give 1st round grades to a lot more than 32 guys anyway Bills fans (and maybe Bills) are over rating the LTs because we need one. Overall there is reduced demand for LTs this draft, in part because after kalil you had a bunch of question marks.

Look, you stumbled into another ridiculous statement and now you are reponding the predictable replies with an attack on other Bills fans (surprise!).

Bradford has played a fraction of the 5 years you cite for your argument and in his first year he had more wins than the team had the previous 3 years combined.

Fitz has won one more game than Stafford the past 2 years, despite more starts on what is likely a better team. No one is calling for his head.

Sometimes PTR is coherent and sometimes he is simply off the wall. Responding to gibberish is a waste of time.

Really? You would be satisfied with a sissy, finesse blocker (Martin) and a Guard (Glenn)? Take that OLB like David or TE Fleener in the second. Then get James Brown, OT, Troy University. Why Brown? He's a starting LT since arriving at Troy. He's the 2005 Mississippi state wrestling champion. He has long (34.5 inch) arms. As a Sophomore, started all 13 games, led his team with 66 Knockdowns and fewest sacks allowed (3.5), and fewest penalties called. Vs. Florida Atlantic, he received the highest single-game coaches grade of the year (95.3%). As a Junior, he started all 12 games, recorded nine knockdowns vs. Florida Atlantic and eight pancakes vs. Middle Tennessee. As a Senior, led team with 110 knockdown blocks while being whistled for just two penalties. The Bills like him; had him in for a visit. He is considered a 3rd. rounder. Buffalo, however, may have to move up into mid second to secure his services.

I think this guy is the best true LT remaining in this draft.

Good call...

It seems that Nix really didn't like Reiff too much as a LT prospect and flat out said he was surprised he went in the first round, as if he didn't think he warranted it.

Where'd he say that, Kelly?

Because I felt the same way about Reiff. His video is very unimpressive and he played on a team which ran the ball a lot, used tons of play-action, didn't use 7-step drops, and used a lot of max protections.

On the subject of James Brown, I saw where he didn't get drafted. All that resume stuff is great but you have to watch the video and then know what you're seeing. Also, Brown may have have been doomed by his level of competition.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Because I felt the same way about Reiff. His video is very unimpressive and he played on a team which ran the ball a lot, used tons of play-action, didn't use 7-step drops, and used a lot of max protections.

On the subject of James Brown, I saw where he didn't get drafted. All that resume stuff is great but you have to watch the video and then know what you're seeing. Also, Brown may have have been doomed by his level of competition.

Bears UDFA.

Level of competition is becoming a bigger and bigger factor in the "win now" NFL, which makes Buddy's SEC-centric strategy ahead of the game, IMO...

He says it here in this GR interview after the first round.

http://audio.wgr550.com/a/55752966/4-27-bills-gm-buddy-nix-talks-about-gilmore-and-preparing-for-the-2nd-round.htm?pageid=401027

He was asked if he was surprised that only two LTs were chosen in the first round, Kalil and Reiff. He said no, he was only surprised that one of those two guys were chosen in the first round. Obviously Reiff.

He says it here in this GR interview after the first round.

http://audio.wgr550....m?pageid=401027

He was asked if he was surprised that only two LTs were chosen in the first round, Kalil and Reiff. He said no, he was only surprised that one of those two guys were chosen in the first round. Obviously Reiff.

Well I paid special attention to the OTs this year and it's nice to know that I was seeing the same things that Nix was seeing.

I'd pat myself on the back harder but I'm laying on my sofa.

Thanks for posting the link!

Really? You would be satisfied with a sissy, finesse blocker (Martin) and a Guard (Glenn)? (...) Then get James Brown, OT, Troy University. Why Brown? He's a starting LT since arriving at Troy. (...)

I think this guy is the best true LT remaining in this draft.

The general managers of 32 NFL teams beg to differ with you