LT - Who needs em ahead of us?

Are you aware that for most of last season Bradford was hurt? If 32 GMs, including Nix, had the choice of having Bradford or Fitz as their qb all would select Bradford.

By the way what point did I prove to you?

I don't want to add fuel to the fire, but I'm "unaware that for most of last season Bradford was hurt", and I live in St Louis and follow local coverage.

He had a nerve stinger to a finger in his right hand on opening day, but was able to play the 2nd game. He had a high ankle sprain in Week 6 that took him out for 2 games.

While it's reasonable to assume that these injuries affected him for longer, that's actually a reasonably short injury list for an NFL QB during the season, and his numbers in the games well away from these injuries were consistent with his 2010 numbers, and not very good. More significant to Bradford were likely injuries on his OL, which kept his LT out about 7 games and his RT out about 10, and the loss of Danny Amendola (WR) in game 1.

I like Sam Bradford as a QB and hope this isn't interpreted as dissing or dismissing him. I think you're probably right that if 32 GMs including Nix had the choice of having Bradford on their team long-term or Fitz, they'd pick Bradford.

I also think if those same 32 were asked who they'd want to come in and start the next 6 games for them this season, the answer would be much more divided.

I'm not PTR and won't speak for him, the point I think it proves is that a top quality QB isn't sufficient to make a winning franchise, despite the sometimes-rabid insistance around here that an upgrade at QB is both necessary and sufficient to craft a winner.

I also think he's right that if we drafted a rookie in Buffalo and he went 2-12 in his 2nd year, we'd be hollering for his head. I don't think the hollering for his head behavior would be right or justified, I just think it's what would happen.

In fairness to WEO, didn't Bradford lead a pretty bad team to the playoffs his first year there (albeit their overall record was not that great). Last year was a bit of a mulligan I'd wager. They'll be in the hunt in the weak NFCW either this year or next, IMHO....

The thing with the Rams is they've had 3 OC in the last 3 years, and just changed head coaches. And yeah, their WL record (and Bradford's stats) in his rookie season were pretty bad, they wouldn't have made the playoffs if they hadn't won a weak division.

It's really going to depend upon how Fisher does with the team. The 49ers under Harbaugh are looking like a team built to stick around for a while, Seattle may be on the rise, and I don't think 'Zona is planning to move to the cellar just to oblige the Rams.

So the Rams may have to go some to be in the hunt now.

I think Bradford could be a great QB for a long time, but they've got to 1) take care of him better 2) give him some stability at OC. Otherwise he will be Alex Smith reprised.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic