nolan nawrocki's final mock draft released

peterpan

This is the guy who is always the most accurate mock drafter, including the last 6 right for the Bills.

Has us taking Barron(passing on Kuechly and Gilmore), but says we want to trade up for Kalil, who falls to the Rans at 6 fwiw.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2012/04/26/nawrockis-final-mock-draft

Interesting.

If Minnesota passes on Kalil, I wonder if Buddy would consider trading up with Tampa. Tampa could get Barron or possibly Gilmore/Kirkpatrick, which they need CB/safety help, and get them later.

It also wouldn't cost as much to the Bills as it would to move into the #3 spot. Possibly a swap of 1st's plus a 3rd and a 4th.

"Buddy Nix fills a pressing need..."

What need is that, exactly? Upgrading Dime safety from Bryan Scott? Pushing team captain George Wilson to the bench?

Yea I thought the same thing.

I am most intrigued with his prediction that Kalil makes it past Min. I think that is extremely likely to happen with Nawrocki predicting it (as he is usually very accurate, especially at the top of the draft). Someone else reported that the Bills would give up their 2nd to move up for Kalil, which is reiterated in Nawrocki's mock. Well, our 1st and 2nd equals the 4th overall selection via the trade chart. A swap with the Browns, Bucs, Rams becomes more likely..... althought Id really love to retain our high 2nd somehow.

Edited by peterpan

Adding toughness and youth to an very average secondary...

:thumbdown: This secondary will shine w the pass rush we will have this year. Byrd mckelvin Williams are athletes who will make plays when qbs are rushed. You could give us hall of fame secondary and they would have failed last year as well

IMO I'll judge and throw dirt on mck and company after this year. NYG won Super Bowl w no lbs or CB,s

:thumbdown: This secondary will shine w the pass rush we will have this year. Byrd mckelvin Williams are athletes who will make plays when qbs are rushed. You could give us hall of fame secondary and they would have failed last year as well

IMO I'll judge and throw dirt on mck and company after this year. NYG won Super Bowl w no lbs or CB,s

I respectfully disagree. Byrd is a ballhawk, but not that special in run support. Wilson can't cover the TE's in our division and isn't that physical either. Wanny could use a bigger, tougher field general who could deliver better run support and be a better disruptor than what we have now...

What need is that, exactly? Upgrading Dime safety from Bryan Scott? Pushing team captain George Wilson to the bench?

You do know Wilson is 31 and would not be on anyone's "top 5" list of safeties in the NFL, right? Barron has that potential, and would bring some big time hitting to the table as well. He fits everything Buddy looks for in a draft pick -- consistent performance against big time competition -- and also fits the "impact player" requirement of a #10 pick.

You do know Wilson is 31 and would not be on anyone's "top 5" list of safeties in the NFL, right? Barron has that potential, and would bring some big time hitting to the table as well. He fits everything Buddy looks for in a draft pick -- consistent performance against big time competition -- and also fits the "impact player" requirement of a #10 pick.

A few months ago, NFL.com ranked Wilson second only to Polamalu last year. MSN ran it as a slide show, let me see if I can dig it up.

Tim-

I respectfully disagree. Byrd is a ballhawk, but not that special in run support. Wilson can't cover the TE's in our division and isn't that physical either. Wanny could use a bigger, tougher field general who could deliver better run support and be a better disruptor than what we have now...

Wilson was lockdown on Gronk in both games. He allowed one TD early, but he ahd perfect coverage - it was one of those things where you just cant cover 6'6''. Wilson was an inch from tipping the ball away. Leter in the game, in the rezone, on the same seam route, Wilson mad the pick. It was a great play. Grock is the best in the business, and Wilson covered him better than anyone else in the NFL. Wilson coulda be the DMVP of the league last year if he didnt get injured.

You do know Wilson is 31 and would not be on anyone's "top 5" list of safeties in the NFL, right?

I think it was also on Pro Football Focus, they had him as the second best SS in the league - this is the good site that watches every play. these are the same guys who love KW. Plus Wilson got a late start so there aren't a lot of miles on him.

Or a legitimate LT as David Diehl is terrible and started the season as a LG.

Trading up for an OT is absolutely ridiculous, and I hope and pray that Nix is smarter then that.

Draft Kuechly @ 10 and than draft Josh Robinson @ 41 and this defense gets a primetime LB'er and the best off-man/zone CB in the draft. Stack the defense.

Bleacher! LOL, I rest my case.

I like George Wilson, and I agree he had some great moments last year (1st half against Philly he was everywhere). Here's the question -- on 3rd down, would you rather have Keuchly in there with two safeties, or a three-safety look with Barron/Wilson/Byrd?

Yea I thought the same thing.

I am most intrigued with his prediction that Kalil makes it past Min. I think that is extremely likely to happen with Nawrocki predicting it (as he is usually very accurate, especially at the top of the draft). Someone else reported that the Bills would give up their 2nd to move up for Kalil, which is reiterated in Nawrocki's mock. Well, our 1st and 2nd equals the 4th overall selection via the trade chart. A swap with the Browns, Bucs, Rams becomes more likely..... althought Id really love to retain our high 2nd somehow.

Minnesota had the second worst pass defense in NFL history last season *despite* having an elite pass rusher in Jared Allen. Their secondary is horrible.

While I usually love this guy and he has been spot on with his draft (especially for us the Bills) i see him being wrong this year. I agree with the urge to trade up for Kalil, however I don't see Kalil getting past the Vikings at 3. IF kalil falls past the vikings, I see the Bills doing everything they can to get up and get him. I like the other poster said find it tough to see Nix drafting Barron, unless he is going by Best Player available. Assuming he can outplay Byrd and Wilson in TE coverage, its also insurance for Jairus Byrd not resigning with the team. I just dont see the Bills staying put at 10, see them either moving up for Kalil or dropping back for OT.

You do know that the Bleecher Report is written by amateurs, right?

Matt Miller bio:

"Matt was the secondary and special teams coordinator for the three-time league champion Joplin Crusaders of the Central Football League."

Heavens to Betsy, what qualifications... :lol:

This is the guy who is always the most accurate mock drafter, including the last 6 right for the Bills.

Has us taking Barron(passing on Kuechly and Gilmore), but says we want to trade up for Kalil, who falls to the Rans at 6 fwiw.

He's dead on. Nawrocki is the Man!!!

Drafting a safety with the top pick would be something I would expect from Dick Jauron, not Buddy Nix.

We cannot forever be against picking DBs in the first round just because Levy and Jauron pretty much blew the picks. Their fault was not that they picked CB and safety. Their error was in picking McK and Whitner at those high spots.

We cannot forever be against picking DBs in the first round just because Levy and Jauron pretty much blew the picks. Their fault was not that they picked CB and safety. Their error was in picking McK and Whitner at those high spots.

Yep, can't draft Kalil because Mike Williams was such a bust...

Drafting a safety with the top pick would be something I would expect from Dick Jauron, not Buddy Nix.

So the next Troy Polamalu or Ed Reed is sitting their at 10(not saying Barron is that) and you think the Bills shouldn't draft him because Dick Jauron would do something like that? Makes complete sense :doh::oops:

Edited by Wayne Cubed

You do know that the Bleecher Report is written by amateurs, right?

Matt Miller bio:

"Matt was the secondary and special teams coordinator for the three-time league champion Joplin Crusaders of the Central Football League."

Heavens to Betsy, what qualifications... :lol:

Ok anyone that says heavens to Betsy needs a smack.. :)

And- Aren't we all amatuers to some degree? So if not this opinion, then please enlighten me on just whos opinion you value more, but if you could, please try to articulate why this person opinion holds more value to you specifically. :)

As to my opinion. I think that from what I saw last year, I would have placed Wilson in the top three SS in the league prior to his injury. Now, that's MY opinion, what's yours sparky?

Tim-

A few months ago, NFL.com ranked Wilson second only to Polamalu last year. MSN ran it as a slide show, let me see if I can dig it up.

Tim-

Ok so it wasn't NFL.com: http://www.nesn.com/...1000-list-.html

Tim-

I like George Wilson, and I agree he had some great moments last year (1st half against Philly he was everywhere). Here's the question -- on 3rd down, would you rather have Keuchly in there with two safeties, or a three-safety look with Barron/Wilson/Byrd?

In fairness to this discussion, the great retired safety, Rodney Harrison stated that George Wilson was playing like a Defensive POY candidate.

And- Aren't we all amatuers to some degree? So if not this opinion, then please enlighten me on just whos opinion you value more, but if you could, please try to articulate why this person opinion holds more value to you specifically. :)

I don't value anyone's opinion more than my own :D , but here are three other amatuer viewpoints:

ESPN ranking (although prior to 2011 season)

USA Today ranking (also preseason)

NY Times ranking

Your right, it's all arbitrary. But to me, Wilson is an adequate starter who's not physical enough in run support, which is a major hole on this defense. The occasional INT (4 last year) isn't enough to cover up that liability. Same with Bryan Scott, who also plays Jumbo SS in nickle and dime.

The way defenses are played today, you typically have 3 safeties on the field in passing situations. Letting Barron take those snaps as a rookie and letting him slide into Wilson's spot by year end would be a big plus for this team, IMO...

Unless they're prepared to let Jairus Byrd hit UFA after the 2012 season. Nothing like spending resources on DB's and RB's every other year when your OT's are among the worst in the NFL.

This. Nothing like building a collection of players and not a team. Best Player Available is not always the best decision to build a team. It's gotta be balanced with needs, i.e. building a team.

First of all.. when you're looking at comparing two players, you cant just look at 1 down. What would Barron do for 1st and 2nd down?

If you look at all 3 downs, clearly we have more talent on the field at 1 time if we have Kuechly.

First of all.. when you're looking at comparing two players, you cant just look at 1 down. What would Barron do for 1st and 2nd down?

If you look at all 3 downs, clearly we have more talent on the field at 1 time if we have Kuechly.

Eventually (and probably sooner rather than later), he'll replace Wilson.

I can see us taking either of those 3. I'll be fine with any of them, all have the potential to be pro-bowl players.

I really have to disagree with you about Wilson. He is an absolute beast. Did you go to any games last year? Wilson was making plays all over the place. He absolutely dominated Philly's entire offense in that game. He was all over the place. George Wilson is the man.

Eventually (and probably sooner rather than later), he'll replace Wilson.

Either way.. Wilson is a better player than what we have at linebacker. Kuechly is a significant upgrade over the player he would replace (Morrison or Sheppard) and Barron is not. Why would you take a good player off the field to put a slightly better player in (this may not even be true), when you could draft a player who would be a major upgrade at another position?

Edited by Billsrhody

Yeah, but 3 players don't make up the whole secondary... Plus, I think mckelvin is still suspect, and there is a good chance he won't even be on this team after this year. But that is moot if they draft barron, because he is a saftey. I think the position barron would most likely commmand would be Bryan Scotts position. the type that switches between saftey/linebacker to cover the tight ends. but that is really a position I am not familiar with. Someone here explained it pretty well, but I forget the explanation. But if barron were on the team, he would be moved to bryan scott's roll, and scott would be a backup to him, I guess.

Edited by DanInUticaTampa

The only way they should consider drafting Barron is if they plan on moving Byrd to CB (which I'm not sure he can do) and moving Wilson to FS. Barron is a SS. Flo makes too manny dumb mistakes, McGee is always hurt, not sold YET on Williams, and McKelvin is crap. Wilson and Byrd are our 2 best DBs. Taking one off the field seems senseless. Otherwise this is CJ Spiller all over again. (Part time player selected in the Top 10)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.