Bills to Make Surprise Pick ?

Owen

It's Kuechly who's a "surprise" because so many think we're taking an OT at #10 based on presumed need.

The article says that we're taking this surprise guy if he's still available. In other words, it's a highly rated player. Kuechly fits that.

Then again, John Wawrow says this...

but as i noted today, i've been hearing more and more that the Bills are focusing their attention more on Barron and Stephon Gilmore. and barring Kalil or Blackmon dropping into their laps, one of those two guys will likely be the pick.

and that all is really starting to make sense. Barron is a hard-hitting safety and a bona fide top 10 talent from everything that i've read. and Gilmore might have superior skills -- and a little less off-the-field baggage -- then Kirkpatrick.

wouldn't rule out Kuechly, but i think he's on the outside of the Bills board looking in at 10.

Draft Buzz - I just received a text from a trusted media source who's in New York City for the draft, and the buzz is the Buffalo Bills will pull the first surprise of the draft with their pick at No. 10, if the player they are targeting is still on the board when it's their time to pick in the first round. -Al Fronczak (3:17 p.m. ET)

That's the open-ended question here. Who among the top 10 would be a surprise pick? Gilmore?

It's Barron...

I agree with those who say this is reminding them a ton of the Spiller Pick...A guy at what is considered to be a non-need position who the Bills have rated VERY high...Maybe even higher than most teams...

It's Barron...I just have a feeling...But I hope so much I'm wrong... B-)

The most suprising IMO would be another DL considering we got 2 in free agency and no mocks have us picking another one. Buddy always talks about mimicking the giants so.. who knows though

Any guesses as to who it would be?

I don't think it will be a surprise pick. The FO has a list of their top 10 players ranked in order.

Whichever one of those 10 is still available, he will be the pick. The big question is exactly who is in their top 10. That might be the surprise part. They may have the DBs, OLs or WRs ranked in different order than some others.

We will see tomorrow. I cannot wait. I trust Buddy and I expect that we will get a good player regardless of position. I personally would be disappointed with Barron, but I understand that he could very well be the next Ronnie Lott and that would be great. But I think we should be looking for a OT, WR or LB and not a S at #10.

I 2nd NoSaint's guess. Tannehill is Chan's dream QB to run his offense.

Probably right. The quote said if he's still on the board so its not like it'll be someone that we have rated way higher than the rest of the league. Maybe Cox? Maybe Ingram?

im tellin ya its DL

Chandler Jones DE from Syracuse would be a surprise pick. He seems like the last guy "shooting" up the boards.

Nix likes pass rushers and both our starting DEs are coming off injuries so this would give Wanny a rotation to keep them all fresh.