Casserly: Buffalo picks Tannehill

Just finished watching path to the draft and Casserly said he great information that if Ryan Tannehill is available at 10 the Bills will take him. Also Said Fitz contract is club friendly and that there is not a lot of guaranteed money going forward and that we have to of the best coaches in the League to coach QBs and that T-hill could sit for a year to develop and that he wont be surprised if we take him. All I can say to that is please Lord Jesus.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see it. These guys have nothing behind fitz and they do like developing QBs. I also don't believe they're totally sold on fitz.

I just don't see it. It doesn't add up. I think that the Bills are messing with people with these leaking "sources" stories. Buddy says they could surprise people, then we hear of "could be Barron" talk, then "could be Tannehill" talk.

Frankly, if the Bills really did want Tannehill and thought he was the "real deal" then why in the heck wouldn't they jump Miami at #8 for at the most a third round pick???? The only answer I see is that they DON'T want Tannehill, they just want Tannehill (and Barron) to be drafted ahead of them in the hopes of getting Gilmore or Kuechly whichever impact guy they want the most.

1335347817[/url]' post='2445125']

I just don't see it. It doesn't add up. I think that the Bills are messing with people with these leaking "sources" stories. Buddy says they could surprise people, then we hear of "could be Barron" talk, then "could be Tannehill" talk.

Frankly, if the Bills really did want Tannehill and thought he was the "real deal" then why in the heck wouldn't they jump Miami at #8 for at the most a third round pick???? The only answer I see is that they DON'T want Tannehill, they just want Tannehill (and Barron) to be drafted ahead of them in the hopes of getting Gilmore or Kuechly whichever impact guy they want the most.

How do you know we could trade up for "at most, a 3rd round pick"? Oh wait, you don't. Buddys philosophy is about acquiring draft picks, not trading them away. It doesn't mean they don't want him if he falls to us. If we like Kuechly or Gilmore, why don't we trade up to secure them? There's a good chance one of them is taken before us, if not both. Answer is simple, nix values his draft picks as much as anyone and trading multiple picks for 1 pick isn't his style. I have no idea of they like Tannehill, but I know they like their draft picks. If he's there at 8 and we select him, I'm all for it.

Just finished watching path to the draft and Casserly said he great information that if Ryan Tannehill is available at 10 the Bills will take him. Also Said Fitz contract is club friendly and that there is not a lot of guaranteed money going forward and that we have to of the best coaches in the League to coach QBs and that T-hill could sit for a year to develop and that he wont be surprised if we take him. All I can say to that is please Lord Jesus.

I really don't think Tebow is going to have any say in who the Bills select.

Back to the point, though...I doubt the Bills select a player at #10 who won't see the field for a minimum of two seasons. But keep beating that drum...

How do you know we could trade up for "at most, a 3rd round pick"? Oh wait, you don't. Buddys philosophy is about acquiring draft picks, not trading them away. It doesn't mean they don't want him if he falls to us. If we like Kuechly or Gilmore, why don't we trade up to secure them? There's a good chance one of them is taken before us, if not both. Answer is simple, nix values his draft picks as much as anyone and trading multiple picks for 1 pick isn't his style. I have no idea of they like Tannehill, but I know they like their draft picks. If he's there at 8 and we select him, I'm all for it.

Do you honestly believe that QB position is the same as OLB or CB? C'mon now. Any GM, including Buddy Nix, would be a damn fool not to trade up three spots to get their QB of the future. It's well known that Jacksonville hates their spot and wants to trade out badly. That tells me that it would only take a third round pick for the Bills. Hey, we're all reading the tea leaves here so I'm just another guy giving my opinion. If you're not buying it, that's fine.

Don't see us trading up for him partly because anyone we're trying to leap frog can offer better picks. But I can see if he falls to 10 it will be extremely temping for bill to take him. I'll say it again, we don't have a credible alternative to fitz and fitz own credibility is in question. Parking him for 2012 behind fitz is something in sure nix and gailey would relish.

And Barbarian would die on the spot

1335349304[/url]' post='2445133']

Do you honestly believe that QB position is the same as OLB or CB? C'mon now. Any GM, including Buddy Nix, would be a damn fool not to trade up three spots to get their QB of the future. It's well known that Jacksonville hates their spot and wants to trade out badly. That tells me that it would only take a third round pick for the Bills. Hey, we're all reading the tea leaves here so I'm just another guy giving my opinion. If you're not buying it, that's fine.

That tells you it might take a third. Someone else might offer more. True story

I think there aren't even any leaks. These writers have to fill up a column and there is nothing going on right now in the football world.

So they make all this leak BS up.

Nix must have his plan figured out by now so how about ignoring all these draft "experts" and guys with the alleged inside info and just wait 36 hours and see what he has in mind.

Edited by CodeMonkey

If the BILLS taken Tannehill, I will be very disappointed. I won't throw the remote and walk away, but disappointed. Not so much because of Fitz but because the team needs and talent available in deeper rounds tells me we should add that talent FIRST and see how the BILLS play next year with Fitz in a full year and hopefully with a healthy set of Offensive players. Fitz was doing well enough with the players he had around him, the Defense was atrocious, and we do need depth BEFORE we need to consider changing QBs for next year. And if you're looking at a developmental QB, Round 1 is NOT the place to get him. Aaron Rodgers was taken later in the 1st round and yes he sat for a couple years, but who was in front of him???......oh yeah, BRET FREAKIN FAVRE!!! That's why he sat and they drafted Rodgers with the understanding he would sit and be the heir apparent, we dont' have a known quantity ready to retire, we have a QB whose ceiling has not yet been fully realized....and wouldn't it make more sense to either draft a WR or LT to help that "Franchise" QB of the future?? Just IMO it would be a mistake to draft Tannehill at 10....but, only a couple days left will tell us what's the truth and what is speculation.

The bills are gonna draft BPA...they like Tannehill tho, IMO I think it will be between kuechly, Gilmore, Floyd and Barron...in the latest mocks Gilmore and Floyd are gone so I don't think we get either, I believe in buddy and I think if Tannehill drops to us we...

1. Draft and develope him (Fitz is good not great)

2. Trade for acouple more picks

Either way seemingly works for the bills and I think come draft day buddy will have another excellent draft

Super Bowl or Bust

GO BILLS!!!

That tells you it might take a third. Someone else might offer more. True story

I don't think that there will be any trades in picks 1-10. After the first 6 top end players, the draft really flattens out so no one will want to give up any picks for a player you could get at the same value of where you are originally.

My point was that if the Bills really did like Tannehill enough that they'd indeed be willing to draft him at #10, then it would be foolish to not trade up to the Jags spot ahead of the Dolphins who will draft him at #8. So I don't buy their interest. This is all a smoke screen to ensure that someone takes Tannehill ahead of them at #10. There's a player they really want and it's not Tannehill.

Also, for all the people who like to say that Nix doesn't trade up for anyone, he also doesn't draft players with only 15 starts.