Patriots Enternaining Trade Offers.....

http://profootballzone.com/nfl/patriots-open-to-trading-brian-hoyer-or-ryan-mallett/

Look, I respect any poster who does not agree with me. I'll take it a step further and say that the odds would be in your favor in terms of Mallett having a drug relapse, etc.

That said, if I were GM and thought the kid was healthy and not taking drugs, I would pony up perhaps a 3rd and a 4th. Maybe more. This kid has talent that is very, very rare. There is really no throw he cannot make. I saw him throw a 50 yard post pattern.....flat footed. And there was NO air under it. It was like throwing a baseball.

I am the very first to admit that if he didn't have major issues, he would not have fallen to round 3. And, I am also VERY suspicious of the fact that Belichick would give him up were there not issues. But I maintain that if he, somehow is, or can get his head on straight, he will be able to do things on the field that only a handful of players could ever do. Nick Saban said that he can make throws that only a few people have ever made (I am paraphrasing, but very close).

Blast away at will, but keep in my that my goal, like yours, is for the Buffalo Bills to win football games. :thumbsup:

Edited by Bill from NYC

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you may be on to something. If we get Mallet, we probably would have a better shot attracting Trent Richardson and Bobby Petrino.

not a bad day at the office. or a bad office with those 3 and razorbacks. And if we get Petrino, who I'm sure Vick loves, we could probably get him and his little brother Marcus. and if we get Marcus, we could get probably get the guy whose face he stomped on... Dumervil. Imagine that D line. woo wee. let's party

ps. Poz has cankles

I always enjoy reading your comments Bill, but I would be leery of a trade for Mallett. The Pats need someone to be their #3, so it seems odd they'd try to deal a second year player (obviously they'd get less than the 3d they spent on him) unless they saw enough in practice, film study, etc. to convince themselves that he didn't have the tools to succeed.

I think it's reasonable to assume Brady and Belichick will retire with or near each other. In saying that the window is closing. Acquiring draft picks expecially 3rd or 4th round ones to bolster an extremely weak defense seems like a possible reason to trade Mallett.

He comes across as a giant douche. Most of the time, players won't follow douches. See what happen to Losman as a rookie and other stories about how well liked he was. Also, it's interesting that Arkansas' offense didn't miss a beat without Mallett. Petrino is a horny scumbag but he is a great college offensive mind.

It's simple: if the Patriots are really entertaining trades for Mallett - and, I mean, if they're the ones initiating the trade talk, then they either want higher draft picks - they want a profit/return on their investment, or, they are willing to take a 3rd or less, then they're taking a hit/loss on their investment.

If they're talking about letting him go for less than a 3rd - NO WAY!!! That means they've not only invested the initial pick, and the money, and time, and the experience He has in Their system - all of that, which adds up to MORE than the initial pick alone. If they want to let him go and are trying to get something for him, then forget it. If that is the case they maybe know he has issues still...

But, on the other hand, if they picked him, put in all that time, money, etc., and now he is ready to be a starter - and they want to get a return on a smart investment... then the question becomes, does he fit your system? And, how good is he, what is he worth?

http://profootballzone.com/nfl/patriots-open-to-trading-brian-hoyer-or-ryan-mallett/

Look, I respect any poster who does not agree with me. I'll take it a step further and say that the odds would be in your favor in terms of Mallett having a drug relapse, etc.

That said, if I were GM and thought the kid was healthy and not taking drugs, I would pony up perhaps a 3rd and a 4th. Maybe more. This kid has talent that is very, very rare. There is really no throw he cannot make. I saw him throw a 50 yard post pattern.....flat footed. And there was NO air under it. It was like throwing a baseball.

I am the very first to admit that if he didn't have major issues, he would not have fallen to round 3. And, I am also VERY suspicious of the fact that Belichick would give him up were there not issues. But I maintain that if he, somehow is, or can get his head on straight, he will be able to do things on the field that only a handful of players could ever do. Nick Saban said that he can make throws that only a few people have ever made (I am paraphrasing, but very close).

Blast away at will, but keep in my that my goal, like yours, is for the Buffalo Bills to win football games. :thumbsup:

Thank you, but no, thank you. Can anybody really see Buddy trading for him?

I didn't expect many to like the idea. But this board is about dialogue. I would only consider a trade because of the raw talent this kid has. And in the OP I did acknowledge the risk. The thing is, Mallet could probably throw Luck 50 yards without much air. I have been around quite some time, and have not seen 5 QBs who can make the throws that he can.

Seriously.