Groomsmen gift ideas..

Would love to hear some creative ideas for Groomsmen gifts. I would like to do something Bills related if possible. The easy idea would be a mug with a Bills logo or something but does anyone have any unique stories or ideas?? Trying to think outside the box.. Thanks, fellas.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my groomsmen pocket knives with their names engraved on them. Kind of specific to my groomsmen as they were family and we used to hunt together, but a suggestion for a type of gift anyway.

Last wedding I was in my buddy got us all Omaha steaks delivered the next week. Beat the hell out of a flask or other standard Groomsman gifts.

Also, for my first trip to hell, I got my groomsmen Bills Zubas.

Sh--, I believe the plural is Zubazes.

I got my groomsmen pocket knives with their names engraved on them. Kind of specific to my groomsmen as they were family and we used to hunt together, but a suggestion for a type of gift anyway.

That's what I got once. It was a key-chain knife with a blade, saw and scissors. They were from Cutco in Olean, so they carried a "forever guarantee". I'm on my second one. I use it every day.

Another favorite is a leather, monogrammed travel bag for toiletries, etc. It's a first-class item.

Others include a beer stein with a engraved pewter disc. I never use it. The marriage lasted 18 months. I also got a monogrammed money clip. I lost it about 10 years ago, and I'm still sick about it.

That's what I got once. It was a key-chain knife with a blade, saw and scissors. They were from Cutco in Olean, so they carried a "forever guarantee". I'm on my second one. I use it every day.

Another favorite is a leather, monogrammed travel bag for toiletries, etc. It's a first-class item.

Others include a beer stein with a engraved pewter disc. I never use it. The marriage lasted 18 months. I also got a monogrammed money clip. I lost it about 10 years ago, and I'm still sick about it.

Oooo! Nice! That's one where you get mentally associated with vacation. B-) Not bad.

I once received a few DVDs since the groom knows I love watching movies (and I rarely drink, so the flasks he bought the others wouldn't have been a big hit for me ;) ). Maybe the comeback game on DVD

When my wife and I got married, we went a little crazy with the gifts, mainly because everyone we knew had to come from out of town (since we got married in my wife's hometown, but we had no connections there anymore, other than her parents). So for her brother/future-sister-in-law (who were living together and love drinking wine with dinner), we bought them a fancy wine rack. For the other two groomsmen, we gave them a Palm Pilot - something i knew they had both been talking about for awhile but couldn't justify the expense. Making it personal is cooler than giving everyone the same gift, IMHO.

If you want Bills specific, I really LOVED this - the "Bills Football Vault":

http://www.amazon.co...33829266&sr=8-1

I once received a few DVDs since the groom knows I love watching movies (and I rarely drink, so the flasks he bought the others wouldn't have been a big hit for me ;) ). Maybe the comeback game on DVD

When my wife and I got married, we went a little crazy with the gifts, mainly because everyone we knew had to come from out of town (since we got married in my wife's hometown, but we had no connections there anymore, other than her parents). So for her brother/future-sister-in-law (who were living together and love drinking wine with dinner), we bought them a fancy wine rack. For the other two groomsmen, we gave them a Palm Pilot - something i knew they had both been talking about for awhile but couldn't justify the expense. Making it personal is cooler than giving everyone the same gift, IMHO.

If you want Bills specific, I really LOVED this - the "Bills Football Vault":

http://www.amazon.co...33829266&sr=8-1

Dingdingding! Tough making the dollar amount even out but if you can, this is ideal.

But trust me on the bath-kit.

Picture of your fiance in your favorite Bills jersey, and just the jersey. Please post the picture here so we can approve it first.

EDIT: That just made me think of something, what about their own custom jerseys with their names/nicknames on them?

Last wedding I was in my buddy got us all Omaha steaks delivered the next week. Beat the hell out of a flask or other standard Groomsman gifts.

Also, for my first trip to hell, I got my groomsmen Bills Zubas.

Nice. For my 30th birthday bash one of my buddies showed up wearing zubas. We pantsed him and burned them on the spot.

Anything other than a flax. I must have ten in a junk drawer somewhere that have never been used. The only place anyone is going to use a flax is skiing or at a football game and they don't need or want one that is engraved and made of pewter for that.

If people are into drinking, get them a nice set of scotch/bourbon/wine glasses. Or get them a very nice bottle of scotch/bourbon/wine. Otherwise, the monogrammed toiletry bag above is a good idea.

I gave each of the groomsman in my wedding a Leatherman tool. To this day they thank me for a gift that they have continued to use for well on 10 years now. Go for function, not something they will forget soon after the wedding is over.

http://www.leatherman.com/

If I remember correctly I got them the Wave http://www.leatherman.com/product/Wave

Anything other than a flax. I must have ten in a junk drawer somewhere that have never been used. The only place anyone is going to use a flax is skiing or at a football game and they don't need or want one that is engraved and made of pewter for that.

If people are into drinking, get them a nice set of scotch/bourbon/wine glasses. Or get them a very nice bottle of scotch/bourbon/wine. Otherwise, the monogrammed toiletry bag above is a good idea.

flax [flaks]

noun

1. any plant of the genus Linum, especially L. usitatissimum, a slender, erect, annual plant having narrow, lance-shaped leaves and blue flowers, cultivated for its fiber and seeds.

2. the fiber of this plant, manufactured into linen yarn for thread or woven fabrics.

3. any of various plants resembling flax.

flask [flask, flahsk]

noun

1. a bottle, usually of glass, having a rounded body and a narrow neck, used especially in laboratory experimentation.

2. a flat metal or glass bottle for carrying in the pocket: a flask of brandy.

3. an iron container for shipping mercury, holding a standard commercial unit of 76 pounds (34 kg).

4. Metallurgy . a container into which sand is rammed around a pattern to form a mold.

:nana: