Groomsmen gift ideas..

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My groomsmen and I are now spread from Chicago to Boston to Jersey, Philadelphia and back to Western PA--but we still share golf in common (first annual destination trip upcoming).

So I got them all golf implements monogrammed repair tools, towels and personalized tees + a bottle of booze from the distillery we toured for my bachelor weekend. Good times.

On a related note, I tied the knot back in October, shortly before I took a brief hike from TBD, never really mentioned it around here, here's me and the lucky lady:

http://i.imgur.com/HkV3cTLl.jpg

She must have had influenza or scarlet fever when you proposed...lol

Nice pic Cat.

My groomsmen and I are now spread from Chicago to Boston to Jersey, Philadelphia and back to Western PA--but we still share golf in common (first annual destination trip upcoming).

So I got them all golf implements monogrammed repair tools, towels and personalized tees + a bottle of booze from the distillery we toured for my bachelor weekend. Good times.

On a related note, I tied the knot back in October, shortly before I took a brief hike from TBD, never really mentioned it around here, here's me and the lucky lady:

http://i.imgur.com/HkV3cTLl.jpg

You bring her to the opener?

I was asked to be a groomsman in my sister's wedding a few years back. My brother-in-law got us all bobbleheads that looked exactly like us...I mean, EXACTLY. The thing is, you need to get several pictures of your groomsmen's head (i.e., front profile, left profile, right profile). My BIL had my wife took pictures without me knowing what it was for. He had our bobbleheads dressed in tuxedos, but it is my understanding that you can have them dressed any way you want.

You just send them the pictures, and then they design "prototypes" of each person based on the pics. My BIL said that the customer service was amazing, and he got to tweak each bobblehead until they were to his liking (i.e., hair style, skin shade, facial features, facial expression, etc...). Here is a link to the website if you're interested.

Great, unique gift...everyone loved them :thumbsup:

http://www.bobblemaker.com/?gclid=COC019SxmbYCFYdxQgodZVcArg

I did a putter purchase run where I took everyone to Golfers Warehouse a week before the wedding, bought them the putter of their choice, got them all monogramed, and then took everyone for a round of golf once the wife and I were back from the honeymoon.

Holy scmoly..guess you were not paying for the wedding as well. That must have cost a fortune.

When i got married was in my mid 30's, paying for a small wedding for 75 people. My brother was best man...might have bought him a beer after the bar closed at the rehearsal dinner. Then again, i prolly cried poverty to him and made him buy me a beer

It's kind of crazy how many of you play golf and drink from flasks. especially golf--I haven't had time to play golf since I was in high school.

LoL. I can see the golf playing... But flasks? LoL... Who the heck drinks from a flask? Didn't that go out in the 1920's with the fur coat and Stutz Bearcat?

I still say go the useful route. Not something that is gonna get chucked in the basement/attic or finds its way to a Goodwill donation in 5 years. Do you want some homeless bum drinking out of your engraved hip flask? The useful route, you can pass it on and keep it in the family.

Ever working under a sink and need a basin wrench? How bought that pesky torque wrench you never seem to have?

Get them engraved tool sets... They will think of you in 2045! LoL

Hey, I am trying NOT to be non-useful tool... Just a useful tool...

:-)

We personalized the gifts to the individuals instead of trying a one-size-fits-all approach. For example, for my brother-in-law/sister-in-law, we bought them a nice wine rack (as a combined gift). They still have it in their dining room to this day. We bought my sister a plane ticket to visit us for a week (let her stay in our apartment). Since she was just out of high school, she enjoyed the vacation. One of my wife's bridesmaids was a bit pressed for cash at the time, so we bought her dress for her (practical, if not exciting...). That sort of thing. :)

That's exactly it. These guys are sipping their monogrammed flasks at the local speakeasy. Apparently we have to settle for drinking out of faux glasses at Applebee's.

LoL

Same with bota bags and skiing in the 1970's... W(ho)TF uses a bota bag anymore? Were they that desperate for a swig of wine on the slopes?

Anyway, here is a new study about drinking and skiing:

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/afp/130321/study-sounds-warning-drinking-and-skiing

"One in five people ski having consumed alcohol, and 29 percent of these hurtle down the piste over the legal limit for driving, an Austrian survey showed Thursday."

Like no? Really... I thought it would be much higher...

Oh... Get a bota bag for each person... Have them brand their name in the leather... ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois