Michael Floyd - Sports Science

While it doesn't necessarily mean anything, outside of perhaps some of the jumping ability and reach, I love this stuff. He'd be a great pick at 10.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7776652

Good pick if we knew he could stay off the booze. So if he was having issues in College, what is going to happen when he has first round money and living the NFL player lifestyle?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That catching radius stuff is very important, especially with a QB like Fitz who takes a lot of chances. Not a big fan of Floyd, but starting to come around a bit. Just don't think he's very explosive or a big play guy.

Floyd is not Desean Jackson explosive, but he does have good speed to outrun defenders. He also, @ 224lbs., likes to run over people from time to time. Not to mention he has great agility in the open field for a guy his size. If we get Floyd he will not disappoint the masses. :thumbsup:

That catching radius stuff is very important, especially with a QB like Fitz who takes a lot of chances. Not a big fan of Floyd, but starting to come around a bit. Just don't think he's very explosive or a big play guy.

Not to repeatedly beat a dead horse to death, but, what was Parrish's catching radius?

Not just draft an OT but draft him for DEPTH! Use out 10th pick for DEPTH at the OT position! ...

Was preach about Floyd when people was posting Upshaw before free-agency....he was the only reason I watched Norte Dame football this year and hardly ever dissapointed...and our QB needs a play maker at wr more than a back up OT

Agreed. Even 1st-round tackles take time to develop, so why not grab a playmaker in round 1?

No disrespect to the OP, but these Sports Science segments are useless. They offer very little relevant information.

"He taps his toes on the sideline with 50 lbs of force which is less than 23% of his total body weight." So what?

No disrespect to the OP, but these Sports Science segments are useless. They offer very little relevant information.

"He taps his toes on the sideline with 50 lbs of force which is less than 23% of his total body weight." So what?

A sprinter is taught to run light, it speaks to their body control

He really makes the most sense @10 if he is there. We need a star player who can either put up points or have huge impact on the D. Now that Bell is gone, yes we need a LT, I will be upset if we grab one at #10 and pass on a playmaker like Floyd.

All along, I have said he is who I would pick at 10, read up on the kid. Gets up high at the goal line and can grab the ball. He doesn't have breakaway speed, so what; he has everything else.

I just worry that Jax or Miami might grab him. Hopefully the Phins Love Tannenhill and grab him; hopefully the Jags go D or take someone like Reiff.

I can't wait for the draft!

I heard Polian on Sirius last week. He was saying...with a pick this high...you take someone who gets touchdowns or hits the qb. You never take a guard, and only take a franchise type tackle ( not a pretty good one that should really go in the 20s). We took a real franchise OT a while back (big Mike)...but that was just unlucky...not a bad pick at the time...really a no brainier. In this draft kalil may be worthy...but none of the others (at 10). Pick the playmaker at 10, or an impact defensive player if he's gone...and get the OT later ( with Hairston penciled in as the Guy). Kalil somehow drops...then do it.

What he said.....