Michael Floyd - Sports Science

I am all for taking Kalil at #1.

Now that you acknowledge that I am dreaming because he'll be long-gone, I would say the other tackles are not top 10 material. Reiff is physical, smart but athletically limited. Martin is athletically gifted, but his heart/desire are in question (can you say Mike Williams??). No thanks!!!!

With Kalil gone, and Luck,RG3 & Blackmon gone too, the next guy we should take is Floyd (WR - Notre Dame). No other pick in the draft will have as much of a positive impact on the team - he would immediately upgrade our offense. If we take one of the Tackles - MAYBE they start, MAYBE they don't. Same goes for the LB's out there. D

On the other hand, DeCastro (Stanford G) would be an intriguing pick - would that mean CHIX plans to move Levitre to Tackle?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Polian on Sirius last week. He was saying...with a pick this high...you take someone who gets touchdowns or hits the qb. You never take a guard, and only take a franchise type tackle ( not a pretty good one that should really go in the 20s). We took a real franchise OT a while back (big Mike)...but that was just unlucky...not a bad pick at the time...really a no brainier. In this draft kalil may be worthy...but none of the others (at 10). Pick the playmaker at 10, or an impact defensive player if he's gone...and get the OT later ( with Hairston penciled in as the Guy). Kalil somehow drops...then do it.

Excellent post right there and so true.

That catching radius stuff is very important, especially with a QB like Fitz who takes a lot of chances. Not a big fan of Floyd, but starting to come around a bit. Just don't think he's very explosive or a big play guy.

If you think he is not a big play guy then you haven't seen much of him. WOW.

He really makes the most sense @10 if he is there. We need a star player who can either put up points or have huge impact on the D. Now that Bell is gone, yes we need a LT, I will be upset if we grab one at #10 and pass on a playmaker like Floyd.

All along, I have said he is who I would pick at 10, read up on the kid. Gets up high at the goal line and can grab the ball. He doesn't have breakaway speed, so what; he has everything else.

I just worry that Jax or Miami might grab him. Hopefully the Phins Love Tannenhill and grab him; hopefully the Jags go D or take someone like Reiff.

I can't wait for the draft!

Doesn't have breakaway speed?? Maybe you missed it but he ran a 4.42 at the combine. And I never saw him get chased down while at ND either.

Yeah, Floyd was bombed on the field for like half the ND games last year, but I hear his 3d stint in rehab is promising.

We need to focus on players who don't drink alcohol. Who was good for BYU last year?

I totally agree. What star prospects are coming out of Oral Roberts this year?

Doesn't have breakaway speed?? Maybe you missed it but he ran a 4.42 at the combine. And I never saw him get chased down while at ND either.

Just saying he isn't a burner, he has good speed, but not the run past all defenders breakaway speed...