The Bell has gonged: Reiff is our guy

We are picking Reiff/DeCastro in round 1. If they are both gone that would be quite a bad thing but one or both should still be there . There are 15-20 receivers in this draft with good talent. There are not very many starting tackles. Take the lineman or you don't get one.. Simple as that.

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are picking Reiff/DeCastro in round 1. If they are both gone that would be quite a bad thing but one or both should still be there . There are 15-20 receivers in this draft with good talent. There are not very many starting tackles. Take the lineman or you don't get one.. Simple as that.

What do you think of Floyd?

Man this draft will be interesting. Who else is not enamored with Floyd?

I'm not. I know it's not scientific, but I get a really bad vibe from watching interviews with that guy.

If the Bills are forced to stay at #10, then I hope they take the BPA without troubled histories in DeCastro, Ingram or Keuchly.

I don't think it will be a DB since even if they are good, they're basically unaffordable after their rookie contracts are up.

Drafting a player, especially the 2nd or 3rd best one, based only on need has never backed fired.

Signed,

JP Losman, James Hardy, and John McCargo

You should add Eric Flowers & Travares Tillman to that list.

Which in itself is a stupid analogy, because we can point to draft busts of the top picks, and it didn't matter whether they were taken for need or BPA.

Bottom line is that if you have a good scouting department and competent guys doing the selection, you'll do a better job on draft day, no matter whether you look for need or BPA.

1333559436[/url]' post='2430039']

Great post!!!!!! Or not....

Why not wait and take NaTe Potter later, he at least actually projects to be a LEFT tackle.

No reiff, no decastro, and no ILB like keuchly @ 10. Take an Olb, Cb, or WR (not floyd).

Remember, we only have one pick per rd for rds 1-3. The way I see it, we should go cb/olb, then wr, qb

You should add Eric Flowers & Travares Tillman to that list.

Which in itself is a stupid analogy, because we can point to draft busts of the top picks, and it didn't matter whether they were taken for need or BPA.

Bottom line is that if you have a good scouting department and competent guys doing the selection, you'll do a better job on draft day, no matter whether you look for need or BPA.

Are we forgetting Whitner at #8?

Are we forgetting Whitner at #8?

I was responding to reaching for need with the 2nd or 3rd available player.

Technically Whitner doesn't count, since he was the No. 1 guy picked for the DB need, as Jauron made it clear he wanted to build his new defense around the next Mike Brown. Travares Tillman is the better example, since Bills panicked after the run on safeties in that draft.