The Bell has gonged: Reiff is our guy

Peters started 10 games his second year, all 16 his 3rd. He could have started at LT before that.

Bell had 8 starts in his second year and started all 16 his third.

Guys here were clamoring for a mediocre LT like Bell to be re-signed.

The point is you don't need a "franchise LT" (whatever that is) becuase despite what they are paid, as a single indivdual on an O-line, they have limited impact. It's the nature of the position. Name one team that drafted an LT in the top 10 who is better off because of it. Miami? Cleveland?

Fitz took a beating last year, but he had the fewest sacks, hits, pressures than any other starting QB--even with an O-line filled with subs. How does that get significantly better with a frist round LT--that some are saying would have to compete with Urbik for a starting job?

This is simple, spend the top 10 pick on a guy who will help score points (directly). That's just not the LT.

Bell was terrible his first year at LT, his second year on the team. They played him because they had no one and he had potential not because he was ready to play. Peters didn't play LT until he wasn't ready to. Not to mention that he was a total freak of nature and to think that anyone is going to have a meteroic rise in that period of time as an example is foolish at best. We need a LT who can play now. Not in two years. That is why Nix said flat out he is going to take a top tackle in this draft AND a developmental guy.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is only ONE top LT in this draft and he will be gone!...Martin, Reiff, DeCastro, all would be a waste of the 10th pick, and I bet 2 out of the three would be around at pick 20...I'm preparing for them to take one of these three unfortunately so I'm going into the draft as if we already busted on rnd 1 and eager to see 2-7!...btw, unless one of the projected top 5 fell to us my pick would be Gilmore,Ingram,Floyd in order of pref if available.

Name one team that drafted an LT in the top 10 who is better off because of it. Miami? Cleveland?

The results are a mixed bag for sure since 2006...You would expect Long to be real good...He was #1 overall...Thomas too at #3 overall...But both their Teams have been terrible on Offense at time...Just awful...Jason Smith has been a bust and he was #2 overall...Levi Brown has been Az's LT, but they are looking to upgrade there and possible move him to RT...Ferguson is solid...A. Smith is a RT and finally had a breakout year in 2011...Monroe in J-Ville? I know he had a REAL rough Rookie year and it's not like J-Ville's Offense is anything to write home about...Williams is a pot head... :lol: Seriously though he has not exactly been spectacular...Okung has been injury prone...T. Smith played RT as a Rookie but looks like the real deal... B-)

2006 - D'Brickashaw Ferguson - NYJ

2007 - Levi Brown - Az, Joe Thomas - Cle

2008 - Jake Long - Mia

2009 - Jason Smith - St. Louis, Andre Smith- Cincy, Eugene Monroe - J-Ville

2010 - Trent Williams - Wash, Russell Okung - Sea.

2011 - Tyron Smith - Dallas

Edited by KOKBILLS

I guess we'll know what the brass thinks come the 26th. I'm hoping Floyd is gone so I won't be worrying about picking him and we get around to filling a major position of need with a SUPERIOR player. :thumbsup:

GO IRISH !!! :worthy: ---> :sick:

So you admit you're a troll? Stepping through the muck of your idiotic assertions that a player who is widely considered to be a RT will be a day 1 starter over a player who has a year of NFL experience, you finally admit you're just a simpleton who has an agenda against my school. Not a shock. What I am surprised by is that you can string together enough words to form a complete sentence without resorting to text speak. For the record, I like Kuechly and Gilmore at 10.

Seeing that our last two starting LTs were drafted in the 7th round. Why would we reach at our 1st pick to get one. We have shown that we can do just fine with later picks at this position.Go more impact player at this spot WR LB or corner.Just think if we pick a tackle in the 2nd or 3rd what they could do with .

drafting 7th round LT's and thats why our offensive line is so great! If fitzy didnt have to throw the ball after 2 drop steps he probably would have been sacked 50 times last year.

drafting 7th round LT's and thats why our offensive line is so great! If fitzy didnt have to throw the ball after 2 drop steps he probably would have been sacked 50 times last year.

The Eagles sure like them. Pro- Bowl Peters ? Bell when healthy wasn`t no slouch either. I said maybe we draft one second or third kid.

The results are a mixed bag for sure since 2006...You would expect Long to be real good...He was #1 overall...Thomas too at #3 overall...But both their Teams have been terrible on Offense at time...Just awful...Jason Smith has been a bust and he was #2 overall...Levi Brown has been Az's LT, but they are looking to upgrade there and possible move him to RT...Ferguson is solid...A. Smith is a RT and finally had a breakout year in 2011...Monroe in J-Ville? I know he had a REAL rough Rookie year and it's not like J-Ville's Offense is anything to write home about...Williams is a pot head... :lol: Seriously though he has not exactly been spectacular...Okung has been injury prone...T. Smith played RT as a Rookie but looks like the real deal... B-)

2006 - D'Brickashaw Ferguson - NYJ

2007 - Levi Brown - Az, Joe Thomas - Cle

2008 - Jake Long - Mia

2009 - Jason Smith - St. Louis, Andre Smith- Cincy, Eugene Monroe - J-Ville

2010 - Trent Williams - Wash, Russell Okung - Sea.

2011 - Tyron Smith - Dallas

Thnaks for posting this. Just say no for LT at 10.

The Eagles sure like them. Pro- Bowl Peters ? Bell when healthy wasn`t no slouch either. I said maybe we draft one second or third kid.

Good post.