Is Belichick Countering?

TPS

Saw the Pats picked up two veteran fullbacks a couple weeks ago. Is Belichick going to develop a power option as a counter to teams like the Bills moving to a "Giants-type" defense? They could do some interesting things with a power backfield combined with their two versatile TEs. Should be some good Chess matches this season.

Saw the Pats picked up two veteran fullbacks a couple weeks ago. Is Belichick going to develop a power option as a counter to teams like the Bills moving to a "Giants-type" defense? They could do some interesting things with a power backfield combined with their two versatile TEs. Should be some good Chess matches this season.

Any Pats* offense not headed by Marcia is a severe compromise.

Maybe you missed the receivers? And letting bge walk? Not running a power option, they just need talent in the backfield.

If we can force them to keep more blockers in the backfield and fewer receiving options in the secondary, that's a win for us right there.

If we can force them to keep more blockers in the backfield and fewer receiving options in the secondary, that's a win for us right there.

I couldn't agree more. If we can get pressure with our front 4 and force the Pats into a max protect that's a win for us. Every hand off is a mini-win.

With our front 4, our LB's should be free to run with reckless abandon. That hasn't happened in over a decade. Anyone remember Sam Cowart? Hell that DL make John Holocek look amazing.

The Pats would be foolish not to adjust. They've lost two Superbowls to the Giants now, they need to continue to adjust. I doubt they are adjusting to us, we're a 6-10 team and not much of a threat until we prove otherwise.

The Pats would be foolish not to adjust. They've lost two Superbowls to the Giants now, they need to continue to adjust. I doubt they are adjusting to us, we're a 6-10 team and not much of a threat until we prove otherwise.

Certainly, but I doubt that's a power option scheme with multiple fullbacks.

Realistically, they need to up the overall talent. The line, the receivers, and most of the defense has been sliding.

Last year the Bills beat them once and were leading them in the other game 21-0 before Stevie was benched and Chandler got hurt, with a depleted team. They've definitely taken notice of what the Bills have done this off-season.

Edited by Doc

I cant imagine he plans to pound it up the middle against our very nice defensive tackles.

But the move can do two things:

1) Combat any teams, including the bills, who want to run a fashionable "wide 9" look, with both DEs outside of the OTs.

2) Allow any street free-agent running backs to be more successful, allowing them not to overspend on HBs. FBs are pretty cheap.

So he is changing their offense based on the chance that they might face the Giants in the Super Bowl this year?

Its all some grand scheme to fool the Bills, the mad genius is at it again! :pirate:

I cant imagine he plans to pound it up the middle against our very nice defensive tackles.

But the move can do two things:

1) Combat any teams, including the bills, who want to run a fashionable "wide 9" look, with both DEs outside of the OTs.

2) Allow any street free-agent running backs to be more successful, allowing them not to overspend on HBs. FBs are pretty cheap.

Putting in a FB removes a passing weapon and Fiammetta (the other guy is a scrub) isn't a pass-catcher. Let them do it.

So he is changing their offense based on the chance that they might face the Giants in the Super Bowl this year?

Not that they'll make the SB again, but it doesn't matter what they do. Coughlin owns him.

please always refer to him by his proper earned name - belicheat

if you have time you can alternatively use the long form - belidirtystinkincheatinbastard

I think it's actually spelled - belidirtystinkincheatinbastarchick

and to the other poster in the thread, it's hungarian :nana:

Completely disagree. If Bellyache knows anything, he knows you've got to win your division first, and he'd be a fool (which he is not) to ignore what divisional opponents are doing.