Jason Peters out for season

theesir

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The good thing about Merriman and Williams is the type of surgery and injury are much different than a rupture. Hopefully not as difficult of a recovery.

I remember after Marino blew is achillies his lower leg looked like a little girls arm for the rest of his career.

Your avatar is awesome

What do you think the chances that we are going to resign bell?

50/50 - either it'll happen, or it won't. B-)

Seriously though, the Bills WERE in the driver's seat until the recent Fat Boy debacle in Philadelphia.

The Steelers don't have the cap room to offer any serious bidding competition...

Link - Steelers not equipped for serious bidding on Bell

...and every other team the Bell has visited (Arizona, Washington, Green Bay) has let him walk away without a serious offer.

(I wonder if the guy presents himself badly in workouts and face-to-face meetings, or if he and his agent are just making ridiculously unrealistic contract demands?)

Anyway, it IS pretty much down to two teams now - the Bills and the Eagles - so 50/50 is probably the right answer.

I have to think if Bell and his agent keep jerking the Bills around right up to the draft, then his days here are done.

Love to have him back, but his going elsewhere will in no way keep the Bills from going...

19 and 0 baby!!!! :beer:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

"I expect to win every game." - Chan Gailey

Glad to see that the more this story plays out, the more it is clear the Bills made the best move possible at the time.

Obviously, so did Peters. I think that this is a geat example of exactly why these guys sometimes hold out. When he was traded, he was the best player on the team. And I know that they had re-worked his contract, but he was making less than, and lining up with Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker, 2 players who were horrible.

Don't get me wrong, the Bills have made some great moves of late. Mario and 2 men from Bama on that DL are gonna kick some serious ass. But if they had a LT who could play as well as a healthy Jason Peters, I would be going to a playoff game in January.

I hope they can fill this void.

Obviously, so did Peters. I think that this is a geat example of exactly why these guys sometimes hold out. When he was traded, he was the best player on the team. And I know that they had re-worked his contract, but he was making less than, and lining up with Derrick Dockery and Langston Walker, 2 players who were horrible.

Don't get me wrong, the Bills have made some great moves of late. Mario and 2 men from Bama on that DL are gonna kick some serious ass. But if they had a LT who could play as well as a healthy Jason Peters, I would be going to a playoff game in January.

I hope they can fill this void.

I can't agree with that statement Bill. The difference between making and missing the playoffs for the Bills hasn't come down to the LT spot.

I can't agree with that statement Bill. The difference between making and missing the playoffs for the Bills hasn't come down to the LT spot.

No, and perhaps I am failing to get explain myself properly (what a surprise lol). Last season, pass rush was the biggest problem. R.Rich and I would spend hours after games complaining about it.

The OL wasn't as bad as it had been for a long time, but it wasn't as good as the sack stats would indicate. I am 100% sure that Gailey, one smart dude, had to adapt to problems on the outside.

Now, the pass rush looks very good. A LT as good as a healthy Jason Peters would, at the very least in theory, improve the play of Fitz, the running game. and afford the Bills more time of possession. This is not to mention that we often play in the elements, where a bruising ground game is vital.

I hope we can fill this hole Doctor. We just might be on the cusp of great things!!! :thumbsup:

No, and perhaps I am failing to get explain myself properly (what a surprise lol). Last season, pass rush was the biggest problem. R.Rich and I would spend hours after games complaining about it.

The OL wasn't as bad as it had been for a long time, but it wasn't as good as the sack stats would indicate. I am 100% sure that Gailey, one smart dude, had to adapt to problems on the outside.

Now, the pass rush looks very good. A LT as good as a healthy Jason Peters would, at the very least in theory, improve the play of Fitz, the running game. and afford the Bills more time of possession. This is not to mention that we often play in the elements, where a bruising ground game is vital.

I hope we can fill this hole Doctor. We just might be on the cusp of great things!!! :thumbsup:

Yeah but with Peters making $10M/year, I doubt the Bills sign Williams.

I think Hairston will be fine.

Yeah, By all accounts last season was peters best with Eegs and they missed the playoffs!

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

What do you think the chances that we are going to resign bell?

1 in 175,711,536.

Yeah, By all accounts last season was peters best with Eegs and they missed the playoffs!

Not to mention they had a great pass-rushing team.

All this talk about about re-signing Bell. Losing Peters and just keeping Hairston all point to the folly of blowing a first round pick on LT. The Bills have consistently found adequate LT play in the bottom or outside of the draft.

All this talk about about re-signing Bell. Losing Peters and just keeping Hairston all point to the folly of blowing a first round pick on LT. The Bills have consistently found adequate LT play in the bottom or outside of the draft.

You can find adequate (mediocre) LTs or any position players for that matter in the lower rounds. No one can argue against something that is so obvious. The odds of getting a good LT or any position player diminish, especially a prospect that you want to play immediately, the further you go down in the draft.

There are good reasons why high quality LT prospects are taken high in the draft. It is a critical and challenging position that few players can play at a high level. High quality LTs are one of the highest paid positions in the game because they are playing a linchpin position for the offense.

Nix is not willing to give a premium contract to Bell because he isn't good enough to merit it. Most analysts believe that the Bills are seriously considering an OT as a first round selection in this upcoming draft for the obvious reason that their current roster doesn't have an above average LT on its roster, including Hairston.

Edited by JohnC

BTW, I find it interesting/convenient that Peters had a chance to face the Bills for the first time since leaving them, in Buffalo no less, and managed to get hurt the game before, and miss it. Coincidence?

You can find adequate (mediocre) LTs or any position players for that matter in the lower rounds. No one can argue against something that is so obvious. The odds of getting a good LT or any position player diminish, especially a prospect that you want to play immediately, the further you go down in the draft.

There are good reasons why high quality LT prospects are taken high in the draft. It is a critical and challenging position that few players can play at a high level. High quality LTs are one of the highest paid positions in the game because they are playing a linchpin position for the offense.

Nix is not willing to give a premium contract to Bell because he isn't good enough to merit it. Most analysts believe that the Bills are seriously considering an OT as a first round selection in this upcoming draft for the obvious reason that their current roster doesn't have an above average LT on its roster, including Hairston.

I still don't get why anyone thinks Bell is so important. He's always been injured or seems to have been let him go! Snarkey comment, call Karl Malone. :oops: