Why doesn't Kamar Aiken get any love?

Because he hasn't proven anything yet....I thought it was interesting when we took on injuries that Aiken didn't get more burn

This is kinda directed at all this Hill love I've been hearing (who also has proved nothing), I just want to say we already have physical freaks on the team right now- Aiken also broke all of Brandon Marshall's weight lifting records.

Because he hasn't proven anything yet....I thought it was interesting when we took on injuries that Aiken didn't get more burn

++

I agree that he showed some potential in the preseason and I was also surprised that he didn't get any opportunity when the

WR corp was decimated with injuries. I can only conclude that the coaches saw something that caused them not to be very

excited about Aiken.

++

I agree that he showed some potential in the preseason and I was also surprised that he didn't get any opportunity when the

WR corp was decimated with injuries. I can only conclude that the coaches saw something that caused them not to be very

excited about Aiken.

That is probably an accurate assessment.

I have great hopes that Aiken can become a decent WR for us.

Hopefully, it was the wacky off-season last year that stunted his development.

I have to imagine someone in the NFL monitors this site because often within hours of NFL links being posted they are taken down.

He can catch about anything tossed to him, at least what I saw in preseason.

He gets so little Love, the NFL removed his highlight video

After his girlfriend informed them of the copyright infringement.

Not really. Stevie stood out in preseason. Aiken was a jag.

Surprised they let him go. They're pretty thin at WR. In fact they have been since Keenan McCardell.

:)

Aiken has tiny hands. Seriously. Maybe he doesn't catch well in practice. Since catching is kinda the most important thing a WR does it doesn't help having tiny hands. Not saying he can't catch just saying it might effect his performance in practice therefore he doesn't get any PT.

Edit: it's Marcus Easely that has freakishly small hands.

I can't find Aiken's hand size.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2010/combine/wr.html

Side bar:

I'd love to be in the draft room for that 4th round pick. "Hey we need a tight end, somehow Aaron Hernandez is still there."

"He smoke some Mary Jane, No way! Let's draft this Kid with freakishly small hands that started one year at that football powerhouse UCONN, Marcus Easely."

"who?"

Edited by Why So Serious?

Aiken has tiny hands. Seriously. Maybe he doesn't catch well in practice. Since catching is kinda the most important thing a WR does it doesn't help having tiny hands. Not saying he can't catch just saying it might effect his performance in practice therefore he doesn't get any PT.

I can't find Aiken's hand size.

http://www.footballs...combine/wr.html

Side bar:

I'd love to be in the draft room for that 4th round pick. "Hey we need a tight end, somehow Aaron Hernandez is still there."

"He smoke some Mary Jane, No way! Let's draft this Kid with freakishly small hands that started one year at that football powerhouse UCONN, Marcus Easely."

"who?"

Well that book is still in its early chapters.

BTW, I always link that site and I would advise people to click on it and peruse the measurables of all these guys and compare it to their production as NFL players.

Check out for instance, David Gettis (the list is alphabetized) and then think of prospects this year who "blew up the combine."

Well that book is still in its early chapters.

BTW, I always link that site and I would advise people to click on it and peruse the measurables of all these guys and compare it to their production as NFL players.

Check out for instance, David Gettis (the list is alphabetized) and then think of prospects this year who "blew up the combine."

Exactly right, Stephen Hill has not Proven anything on the college football field let alone the NFL. FANDOM is in love with him because he won the unitard Olympics.

I don't feel like pissing on every Stephen Hill man-love post and next year there will be some other non productive player that has a great combine and everyone will fall in love.

I hope the best for the kid and if he is there in the 5th it might be worth a shot but lets get some perspective.

He ran real fast and jumped real high and far in his underwear and hasn't done much more than that.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Exactly right, Stephen Hill has not Proven anything on the college football field let alone the NFL. FANDOM is in love with him because he won the unitard Olympics.

I don't feel like pissing on every Stephen Hill man-love post and next year there will be some other non productive player that has a great combine and everyone will fall in love.

I hope the best for the kid and if he is there in the 5th it might be worth a shot but lets get some perspective.

He ran real fast and jumped real high and far in his underwear and hasn't done much more than that.

WTH man? are you trying to make sure the Bills draft him at 10? Don't jinx us into it please.

Says the guy who likes the drunken mess kid. You call Floyd a freak, the only thing freakish is how stupid he is. Floyd will be a big bust because he's someone who's out of control before he gets his first big check. I don't care what he says, He wouldn't be on my board.

Stephen Hill is going within the first 20 picks and he WILL be picked before Floyd. Lock it in.

As for Hill not proving anything 29.3 yards per catch blows away Floyd's 11.5. That kind of deep threat translates VERY well to the NFL game.

Says the guy who likes the drunken mess kid. You call Floyd a freak, the only thing freakish is how stupid he is. Floyd will be a big bust because he's someone who's out of control before he gets his first big check. I don't care what he says, He wouldn't be on my board.

Stephen Hill is going within the first 20 picks and he WILL be picked before Floyd. Lock it in.

As for Hill not proving anything 29.3 yards per catch blows away Floyd's 11.5. That kind of deep threat translates VERY well to the NFL game.

How prepared is he for the NFL after playing in the triple option? He does not quite have Calvin Johnson's speed, so he can't be used in quite the same way.

How prepared is he for the NFL after playing in the triple option? He does not quite have Calvin Johnson's speed, so he can't be used in quite the same way.

You're going to quibble about .04? C'mon man. As for prepared, how prepared do you have to be to run the fly route?

Even if he's half the player of Moss or Calvin Johnson, that would be a great pick at #10.

He had 28 catches in a run 1st 2nd and 3rd offense. His job was to run sprints up and down the sidelines.

that does not translate well to being a complete WR in the NFL

A college kid gets in trouble for drinking, its probably the first time that ever happened.

There is no possibility that Stephen Hill is drafted before Floyd, but you can live in your typically clueless 1billsfan world without worry of reality.

He had 28 catches in a run 1st 2nd and 3rd offense. His job was to run sprints up and down the sidelines.

A college kid gets in trouble for drinking, its probably the first time that ever happened.

There is no possibility that Stephen Hill is drafted before Floyd, but you can live in your typically clueless 1billsfan world without worry of reality.

Google "michael floyd blood"

As for your last point, we shall see.

You're going to quibble about .04? C'mon man. As for prepared, how prepared do you have to be to run the fly route?

Even if he's half the player of Moss or Calvin Johnson, that would be a great pick at #10.

I'm not saying he won't be; I just don't think the expectations should be as high.

I'm definitely on the "hopefully Kamar turns into a SJ" train with some of you guys. Chan must know something we don't is the only solution I can come up with why he's not on the 53 man roster or how did he not make it last year with all the injuries we had at WR.

Aiken was promoted to the 53 man roster in late November and was active for 2 games.

My guess is he's not where he needs to be with the playbook and with other aspects of the game such as downfield blocking and ST.

He's in a good place - he's going into camp signed, and he's still eligible for the PS if it's felt he needs more time to develop.

The #4 and 5 WR must be able to play ST

Aiken was promoted to the 53 man roster in late November and was active for 2 games.

My guess is he's not where he needs to be with the playbook and with other aspects of the game such as downfield blocking and ST.

He's in a good place - he's going into camp signed, and he's still eligible for the PS if it's felt he needs more time to develop.

The #4 and 5 WR must be able to play ST

Hmmm good point. Well we need to get word to his ear to step his special teams game up. I just want to see him run routes when the game actually counts just so we can put all the talk to rest. Since last year I've been wanting to see if he could be a great receiver against guys that are trying to rip your head off instead of making incredible catches at practice against your teammates.

Except that at the combine, and his pro day he showed the ability to run the whole route tree.

Except that at the combine, and his pro day he showed the ability to run the whole route tree.

I don't agree that is possible.

Lets say it is.

He ran real fast and jumped real high and far in his underwear.

Plus he ran a few routes in 90 total minutes of scripted practice without a real Defense.

"who?"

The 2010 draft and 2011 draft are so different, you would almost think the scouting had been done and the boards had been put together by different people

Oh, wait a minute, they were

I think this draft will be telling. 2010 was still Modrak and his team of merry men. Chix and Nailey had just walked in the door. They didn't fully know what they had on the team, though they knew they had needs if changing to 3-4.

The prototypical Bills draft choice from the previous decade was "sleeper guy from small school who might develop to be much better than where he was selected. then again, he might not."

The 2011 draft was heavily influenced by Chan's experience coaching the Senior Bowl, after which Modrak took a walk (largely one presumes because of the weak 2010 draft class performance and perhaps differences between his staff's evaluation of players vs. Gailey's up-close-and-personal look) and the scouting department was reorganized.

Chan didn't coach the Senior bowl this year, so the question is: can the new, improved scouting department come through with the goods?

The 2010 draft and 2011 draft are so different, you would almost think the scouting had been done and the boards had been put together by different people

Oh, wait a minute, they were

I think this draft will be telling. 2010 was still Modrak and his team of merry men. Chix and Nailey had just walked in the door. They didn't fully know what they had on the team, though they knew they had needs if changing to 3-4.

The prototypical Bills draft choice from the previous decade was "sleeper guy from small school who might develop to be much better than where he was selected. then again, he might not."

The 2011 draft was heavily influenced by Chan's experience coaching the Senior Bowl, after which Modrak took a walk (largely one presumes because of the weak 2010 draft class performance and perhaps differences between his staff's evaluation of players vs. Gailey's up-close-and-personal look) and the scouting department was reorganized.

Chan didn't coach the Senior bowl this year, so the question is: can the new, improved scouting department come through with the goods?

Yeah totally different philosophy.

it seems like the past philosophy was almost apologetic about Buffalo.

"We'll draft from small schools because they'll be used to small Buffalo and not being in the spotlight."

Where as Buddy seems to have moved to a Go Big or Go Home philosophy.

Drafting SEC, SEC and Big12 then two ACCs in 2011 and then signing the biggest defensively free agent.

So the 2012 draft will be interesting to see it the small school stand outs show up again. Or if the Bills organization is done with being apologetic about Buffalo.

1bills what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.