Classy Pats Fans?

the lowest paid player in the NFL is overpaid. $300k or whatever the minimum salary is, that is more than the President of the US makes

You were closer than me, I thought he made $1MM, but the Prez gets $400,000, eff 2001 & in case you're wondering . . .

Salaries of the President, Vice President, and Other U.S. Officials

The salaries listed below are annual as of 2011. The president most recently received a raise in 2001.

. . . frankly they should all be paid more and restricted from taking money from outsiders (special interests, lobbyists, etc) but we're getting off the track.

Position Salary

President

1789 $25,000

1873 $50,000

1909 $75,000

1949 $100,000

1969 $200,000

2001 $400,000

Vice President $230,7002

Senator $174,000

Representative $174,000

Majority and Minority Leaders $193,400

Speaker of the House $223,500

Chief Justice, U.S. Supreme Court $223,500

Assoc. Justice, U.S. Supreme Court $213,900

1. Plus $50,000 non-taxable expense allowance to assist in defraying expenses relating to or resulting from the discharge of his official duties.

2. Plus $10,000 taxable expense allowance.

Source: Office of Personnel Management. Web: www.opm.gov/ .

Read more: Salaries of the President, Vice President, and Other U.S. Officials Infoplease.com http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0875856.html#ixzz1prlv4tfB

Edited by Never NEVER Give-up

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

the lowest paid player in the NFL is overpaid. $300k or whatever the minimum salary is, that is more than the President of the US makes

The President makes $400k/year for the rest of his life.

Sorry, didn't see the post above mine. However, it should be noted that they can't make extra money from "special interest" or "lobbyist", that would basically amount to bribery. All those people can do is contribute to their campaign funds (which, in reality, isn't that much different).

Edited by Mark80

My favorite quote from this Pats' board thread was the "signature" of one of the posters:

“ I think good coaches will coach with the personnel they have, and if you only have one (good) linebacker, you’re not going to play a 3–4. ”

—Hank Bullough, who installed one of the first 3–4 defenses with the New England Patriots.

Bet that really took the sails out of their wind .... ;-)

good post, i don't usually troll on the message boards behind enemy lines but it was interesting to see their take on the signing.

One poster stuck in my mind, "yeah the defense looks tough but they still have a qb that threw as many picks as TD's last year"

This is sad but true, and why I think we will go LT in the first round. Our QB needs to have a major shift in the way he plays the game this year. If you are leading the league in picks AND sacked the least in the league, it means you're pulling the trigger too early.

This means you either don't trust your line, or you get too used to throwing quick timing routes so that when it's 3rd and 12 and you have to let some routes develop downfield a little, you lose your mechanics/accuracy/or ability to read your coverages. Fitz is reportedly good at presnap reads and adjustments (I wouldn't know) but after the snap his downfield strikes need to be more efficient and on the money.

I remember someone saying Fitz drops his shoulder and loses his throwing integrity when throwing 20 yards or more, or when zipping a fastball in a tight spot. Our Quarterback's coach needs to be an all star this offseason.

I do love to see the, "not looking forward to going up against Buffalo" and "I think they have a chance to beat us twice this year" comments. It's been a while since those sentences were muttered on the Pats board- if ever. Moving on up boys and girls! Can't wait of the draft and the season!

Thanks to 95altima12 for the link.

Really interesting thread here on Patsfan.com about the Anderson signing. Was actually surprised at the amount of credit and respect the Pats fans were showing the Bills. Most even saying they were happy for us fans as we deserve the turnaround.

I still hate them though. hahaha :thumbsup:

Good read...

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/906105-mark-anderson-signs-bills-4-years-27-5-million-8-million-guaranteed.html

They just don't want us to boo Brady anymore :D

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I thought the president made like $400K every year in office and $200K for the rest of his life after office? That's a pretty good deal...

Edited by NeverOutNick

The President makes $400k/year for the rest of his life.

However, it should be noted that they can't make extra money from "special interest" or "lobbyist", that would basically amount to bribery.

But it's ok for the honorable pieces of s**t in Congress.

And cue the d bag political guy in a football thread. :wallbash: And no one is probably as amazing as you are at your job.

LIBERAL!!! CONSERVATIVE!!! DOUCHEBAG!!!

Hey, I am from the opposite end of the political spectrum as KD, but I can tell you, he is hardly a "d bag"...

Edited by Buftex

One poster stuck in my mind, "yeah the defense looks tough but they still have a qb that threw as many picks as TD's last year"

Yeah...and so did Eli Manning. Just saying don't write off Fitz for one injury-hampered half-season.

PTR

Yeah...and so did Eli Manning. Just saying don't write off Fitz for one injury-hampered half-season.

PTR

Fitz had his problems down the stretch, to be sure...but I think he is the kind of guy who can, and will, get better. He may never have the greatest arm strength, or be as accurate as we would like, but I have seen (in a Bills uniform no less) far worse QB's in the NFL.

Hey, I am from the opposite end of the political spectrum as KD, but I can tell you, he is hardly a "d bag"...

Personally, I think people who have to force their politics into conversations that having nothing to do with it come across as d bags. I was a Poli Science major from a top 5 political science department (humble brag) and hate the unnecessary discussion of politics. Keep it where it belongs and keep changing the world with your deep arguments in PPP!!! :devil:

But to actually talk about football, I go to Boston a lot and wear my Bills gear with pride. Everyone is very friendly and have the thought that if the Pats don't win the AFC East, they hope the Bills do. It's almost like they pity us, which is probably worse than hating us.

And I never got the reason fans hate on players for leavign because they got a better offer. Good for the player and thanks for their time on the team.

Fitz had his problems down the stretch, to be sure...but I think he is the kind of guy who can, and will, get better. He may never have the greatest arm strength, or be as accurate as we would like, but I have seen (in a Bills uniform no less) far worse QB's in the NFL.

I prefer to look at Fitz's 17 starts from the Ravens game in 2010 to the Redskins game last season:

30 tds, 20 ints, 4144 yds, 61.9 comp%

Is that great? No. But it's not horrible either. You have to believe Buddy has his eye out for a QB for the future, but Fitz is the man of right now.

PTR