TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

Awesome, I hope he starts against the Bills!!!

Not me. I'd rather play against Orton!

I think I would prefer the proven loser actually.

Tim Tebow is going to be a winning NFL QB. I watched him play for 4 years from the perspective of an opposing fan. The guy will beat you. It might not be the prettiest throw, but to be perfectly honest, they are way overplaying his passing deficiencies. The guy can hum it. I don't care what he does in practice. I saw him SHRED SEC defenses week in and week out. You can blame it on the system he played in if you want, but look, he completely obliterated most major collegiate passing records, even far outshining Peyton Manning. I saw what he does over and over and over. He will win in the NFL. You can take it to the bank now.

Broncos fans are right for calling for Tebow. They should be. If I hear one more pundit or analyst say that Kyle Orton is the better QB, I will puke my guts up. We haven't even see Tebow play in a meaningful stretch of games, so unequivocally calling him worse than quite possibly the worst starting QB in pro football seems absurd beyond all reason.

If it wasn't for the emergence of Fitz, I would still regret that we didn't draft Tim Tebow. Yea, my opinion is obviously in the minority. Then again I watched from start to finish probably at least 20 Tebow games at Florida, and most of you simply formulated your opinions based on what the ESPN people told you to think so...

I still wished we drafted Tebow. Would have been a better pick than Spiller, (sould would Williams, etc.) and would have provided the Bills with a better version of Brad Smith.

Edited by RyanC883

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see any point in keeping Kyle Orton in the lineup. They're 1-4, and not going to seriously contest the division any more. You might as well give Tebow a full 11 games, and see what happens. I'm skeptical, but he could be an exciting player and has shown flashes.

Don't get your hopes up. The NFL's anti-Tebow conspiracy isn't going to give up that easily.

When you join the Tebow cult, do you get a free tambourine or do you need to buy your own?

Not me. I'd rather play against Orton!

I still wished we drafted Tebow. Would have been a better pick than Spiller, (sould would Williams, etc.) and would have provided the Bills with a better version of Brad Smith.

The problem with that is that people would be screaming for him to start every time Fitz had a bad game. No thanks.

When you join the Tebow cult, do you get a free tambourine or do you need to buy your own?

The problem with that is that people would be screaming for him to start every time Fitz had a bad game. No thanks.

I agree that would be a problem. But I don't think Chan would really care. He'd be the perfect gadget player. Also, when will Brad Smith finally throw the ball. It's gonna happen. Chan is setting it up.

Of course the Spread offense can be successful on the NFL level....You still need a QB with accuracy, timing, anticipation, ability to read defenses, etc....Teblow has none of those.....when he ultimately fails....You Teblow heads will finally have to shut up!!!

Seminoles fan, are ya? Or is it simply that you lost a boat-load of money betting against Tebow and the Gators? :lol:

Link - It was always a matter of when, not if, for Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos...

BTW, Tebow's about as inaccurate as everybody's wet dream, Andy Luck - only Tebow played in a real conference, and has a Heisman and 2 BCS championship rings to go along with that 'inaccuracy' :w00t:

All tebow does is win (except he still lost yesterday).

And what a job! 40% completion rate! Championship!

:rolleyes:

Come on now, Ramius - you're gonna cite his stats from the second half of one game, coming off the bench, trailing 23-10, to make a point?

(At least change your avatar if you even hope to have anyone take you seriously :P )

post-2970-038175800 1318259344_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

Seminoles fan, are ya? Or is it simply that you lost a boat-load of money betting against Tebow and the Gators? :lol:

Link - It was always a matter of when, not if, for Tim Tebow and the Denver Broncos...

BTW, Tebow's about as inaccurate as everybody's wet dream, Andy Luck - only Tebow played in a real conference, and has a Heisman and 2 BCS championship rings to go along with that 'inaccuracy' :w00t:

Come on now, Ramius - you're gonna cite his stats from the second half of one game, coming off the bench, trailing 23-10, to make a point?

(At least change your avatar if you even hope to have anyone take you seriously :P )

Most of your points refer to Teblow's success as an NCAA star....None of that matters now...Tell me why he'll succeed as an NFL QB.....Can't wait to hear your explanation. :rolleyes:

tebag was a great college QB, there's no denying that. But, that means (in the words of Jim Mora) diddley poo when it comes to the NFL. tebag has horriffic mechanics, an elongated throwing motion, and limited accuracy. None of his skills translate to the NFL game, which is why he'll fail. He'll probably make some highlight reel plays along the way, but no team will have sustained success with him at QB.

Edited by Ramius

tebag was a great college QB, there's no denying that. But, that means (in the words of Jim Mora) diddley poo when it comes to the NFL. tebag has horriffic mechanics, an elongated throwing motion, and limited accuracy. None of his skills translate to the NFL game, which is why he'll fail. He'll probably make some highlight reel plays along the way, but no team will have sustained success with him at QB.

I couldnt care less about TEBAG but I get tired of hearing about Mechanics and motion and this and that. Each player has his own technique. Just win the game.

Take any sport and you will see that not all pitchers pitch the same, not all basketplayers shoot the same, not all hockey players skate the same, not all golfers swing the same and finally Federers swing and game is totally opposite of Nadals.

There are only a few GIFTED ATLETHES THAT CAN REPEAT THE PERFECT MECHANICS but in general, everyone has a different motion....ITS THE RESULT THAT COUNTS.

If Tebow hasnt had a chance, then give him one. If he cant succeed, then cut him. Pretty simople! :wallbash:

He did make two decent passes out of ten to wide open players in front of defenders in prevent defenses.

He was exciting though. And that game, to me, was a complete microcosm of his talent and game. He brought them back in it with his running, which everyone knows he can do. He brings excitement to the team and especially the stadium that cannot be underestimated. This game he put them in a position to win in a game they were playing terrible in. He was way better than Orton was moving the team, although Orton just had a bad game and the team didnt help him much.

But Tebow's glaring weaknesses were also on full display. He misses a wide open receiver that would have been a 80 yard TD. Not only missed him but missed him by about 10 yards. He was so wide open the WR had a chance to completely reverse the direction he was running and dive for the ball but the pass wasn't even close. One of his four completions was on one of the greatest catches I ever saw. He threw three others in the dirt to open WRs. He dropped three snaps, which blew up plays although he didnt fumble them. The two point conversion that was incomplete to me was completed if he threw the ball on time. Lloyd was open at first. It wasnt a terrible pass but a good one or quicker one ties the game there.

He's fun to watch and a great scrambler and got them back in the game though. The crowd went nuts. Their team just isn't very good right now, so they should probably play him.

With the possible exception of picking apart opposing defenses - and winning games and championships B-)

Gotta agree with you on one thing, though - he does make great highlight reels...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpKH7a2PFEE

Edited by The Senator

Of course the Spread offense can be successful on the NFL level....You still need a QB with accuracy, timing, anticipation, ability to read defenses, etc....Teblow has none of those.....when he ultimately fails....You Teblow heads will finally have to shut up!!!

yeah because Tebow sucked at running the spread in college :oops::thumbdown::doh:

I think I would prefer the proven loser actually.

Tim Tebow is going to be a winning NFL QB. I watched him play for 4 years from the perspective of an opposing fan. The guy will beat you. It might not be the prettiest throw, but to be perfectly honest, they are way overplaying his passing deficiencies. The guy can hum it. I don't care what he does in practice. I saw him SHRED SEC defenses week in and week out. You can blame it on the system he played in if you want, but look, he completely obliterated most major collegiate passing records, even far outshining Peyton Manning. I saw what he does over and over and over. He will win in the NFL. You can take it to the bank now.Broncos fans are right for calling for Tebow. They should be. If I hear one more pundit or analyst say that Kyle Orton is the better QB, I will puke my guts up. We haven't even see Tebow play in a meaningful stretch of games, so unequivocally calling him worse than quite possibly the worst starting QB in pro football seems absurd beyond all reason.

If it wasn't for the emergence of Fitz, I would still regret that we didn't draft Tim Tebow. Yea, my opinion is obviously in the minority. Then again I watched from start to finish probably at least 20 Tebow games at Florida, and most of you simply formulated your opinions based on what the ESPN people told you to think so...

I watched those same games. Big UGA fan. But there is a reason guys like Eric Zeir, or Mike Bobo, or etc... didn't go on to become good solid pro's. It is a different game. Tebow is a great guy, have nothing but respect for him, but he is a gimmick. If Denver was smart they would work him in some. Use his legs more so then his arm. Goal line and short yardage situations...like Brad Smith.

And just like Flutie he will be effective until the other teams learn how to defend him.

PTR

Exactly!! Goes to what i said up top.