TEBOW!!! is a Jet! (finally)

Yawn, Fitz throws suck too, I guess we should cut him now.

Your comparison of Teblow to Fitz is asinine. Fitz knows how to process information quickly and get the ball out of his hand to the right guy. He can dissect the look of an NFL defense and check to a different play from what was originally called in from the sidelines to take advantage of a particular matchup or defensive weakness. Teblow can do none of that!!!

Sometimes Fitz has accuracy issues...especially when he's under duress....but he's light years ahead of Teblow in every aspect of being an NFL QB with the exception of pure athleticism.

I again call on any of you Teblow lovers to offer a compelling argument of his skill set that is a predictor of his ultimate success in the NFL as a QB.

On behalf of Fitz...I'm insulted!!!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your comparison of Teblow to Fitz is asinine. Fitz knows how to process information quickly and get the ball out of his hand to the right guy. He can dissect the look of an NFL defense and check to a different play from what was originally called in from the sidelines to take advantage of a particular matchup or defensive weakness. Teblow can do none of that!!!

Sometimes Fitz has accuracy issues...especially when he's under duress....but he's light years ahead of Teblow in every aspect of being an NFL QB with the exception of pure athleticism.

I again call on any of you Teblow lovers to offer a compelling argument of his skill set that is a predictor of his ultimate success in the NFL as a QB.

On behalf of Fitz...I'm insulted!!!

I think you should offer a compelling argument as to why his skill set won't be effective other than to say "you can't succeed with that throwing motion..blah blah blah" That is the biggest crock of crap I've heard regarding Tebow. Who says you can't be successful the way Tebow throws? What because some scouts said it, it must be true? They said the same BS about Tim Lincecum. How did that work out for them? And the comparison to Fitz is NOT AT ALL asinine. Are you !@#$ing kidding me? Fitz passes are very very ugly. But he is successful. Why is it so hard to even grant that maybe, just maybe, in spite of a quirky throwing motion, Tebow could be successful? I'm not even asking you to grant that he will be a good QB, only that he could be - but to sit here sanctimoniously saying that he NEVER will is pretty dumb. They said Drew Brees would never succeed as an NFL quarterback because he was too small (which really seems like it would be a much greater hindrance than a quirky throwing motion really), and how has that worked out? But Tebow will NEVER be a good QB? Please man. You are talking straight out of your sphincter.

And I'm just curious, what makes you think Tebow can't read and dissect an NFL defense? Has he had a fair opportunity to do so? Do you expect him to do so immediately upon entering the NFL, despite the fact that even the best QBs of all time need some time to learn the pro game? I mean he did these things prodigiously in college. There is no reason to assume he can't do it in the NFL. I believe you just have NO CLUE what Tebow brings to the table. You read some crap on yahoo.com and formulated your opinion. You clearly do not have an ounce of empirical knowledge regarding Tebow.

Nobody is sitting here implying that Tebow's quirky motion is what will make him successful, so for anyone to sit there and exclusively use that argument as to why he won't be successful, well that is actually quite asinine. But that is the ONLY argument you have. The only one. And unfortunately for you, you are wrong. Time will prove that out.

What *will* make Tebow successful in the NFL, aside from his stellar intangibles (game intelligence, leadership, etc) is the fact that he can extend plays. It doesn't matter how quirky his throwing motion is when he is rolling out of the pocket and causing defenses to break down. The guy will get his passes off, they will be complete, he will win games because of it. I mean if you think about it, he is a more athletic version of Big Ben. Big Ben certainly isn't known for his Tom Brady like arm. It isn't standing in the pocket picking apart defenses that makes Rothlisburger so effective. It's because he is hard to tackle and can move well out of the pocket. Tebow is that too, only much better. He's faster, quicker, and more athletic. He's a big dude who can run with the ball, throw it well, and read defenses like a book. I know these things, not because I watched some 3 minute video on espn.com, but because I watched him do it time after time after time over a four year span.

And also, the argument that what you did in college does not matter in the pros is possibly the stupidest sentiment one could offer. I mean when they do the NFL draft, do teams not make their picks based on what each player did in college? I mean...Andrew Luck is going to be picked because of WHAT HE HAS DONE, not because they like his throwing motion. So let's just get real about it. College performance ABSOLUTELY has a correlation to the NFL level, and to suggest otherwise is beyond absurd.

But I really get the feeling that explaining all this is an utter waste of my time. Your opinion is based exclusively on the fact that, for whatever ASININE reason, you just don't like Tebow. There is no logical argument that will change your mind. So instead, you can sit here and post and repost every ridiculous sentiment that you possibly can until the day you are choking crow. And when that day comes, you will just pretend you never said any of these things. But yea, other than that, perhaps you have a point. Then again, perhaps not.

Edited by SouthGeorgiaBillsFan

I think you should offer a compelling argument as to why his skill set won't be effective other than to say "you can't succeed with that throwing motion..blah blah blah" That is the biggest crock of crap I've heard regarding Tebow. Who says you can't be successful the way Tebow throws? What because some scouts said it, it must be true? They said the same BS about Tim Lincecum. How did that work out for them? And the comparison to Fitz is NOT AT ALL asinine. Are you !@#$ing kidding me? Fitz passes are very very ugly. But he is successful. Why is it so hard to even grant that maybe, just maybe, in spite of a quirky throwing motion, Tebow could be successful? I'm not even asking you to grant that he will be a good QB, only that he could be - but to sit here sanctimoniously saying that he NEVER will is pretty dumb. They said Drew Brees would never succeed as an NFL quarterback because he was too small (which really seems like it would be a much greater hindrance than a quirky throwing motion really), and how has that worked out? But Tebow will NEVER be a good QB? Please man. You are talking straight out of your sphincter.

Nobody is sitting here implying that Tebow's quirky motion is what will make him successful, so for anyone to sit there and exclusively use that argument as to why he won't be successful, well that is actually quite asinine. But that is the ONLY argument you have. The only one. And unfortunately for you, you are wrong. Time will prove that out.

What *will* make Tebow successful in the NFL, aside from his stellar intangibles (game intelligence, leadership, etc) is the fact that he can extend plays. It doesn't matter how quirky his throwing motion is when he is rolling out of the pocket and causing defenses to break down. The guy will get his passes off, they will be complete, he will win games because of it. I mean if you think about it, he is a more athletic version of Big Ben. Big Ben certainly isn't known for his Tom Brady like arm. It isn't standing in the pocket picking apart defenses that makes Rothlisburger so effective. It's because he is hard to tackle and can move well out of the pocket. Tebow is that too, only much better. He's faster, quicker, and more athletic. He's a big dude who can run with the ball, throw it well, and read defenses like a book. I know these things, not because I watched some 3 minute video on espn.com, but because I watched him do it time after time after time over a four year span.

And also, the argument that what you did in college does not matter in the pros is possibly the stupidest sentiment one could offer. I mean when they do the NFL draft, do teams not make their picks based on what each player did in college? I mean...Andrew Luck is going to be picked because of WHAT HE HAS DONE, not because they like his throwing motion. So let's just get real about it. College performance ABSOLUTELY has a correlation to the NFL level, and to suggest otherwise is beyond absurd.

But I really get the feeling that explaining all this is an utter waste of my time. Your opinion is based exclusively on the fact that, for whatever ASININE reason, you just don't like Tebow. There is no logical argument that will change your mind. So instead, you can sit here and post and repost every ridiculous sentiment that you possibly can until the day you are choking crow. And when that day comes, you will just pretend you never said any of these things. But yea, other than that, perhaps you have a point. Then again, perhaps not.

My assessment of Teblow has nothing to do with liking him or not....I only go by what I see based on Football. I think he's a great person. He sucks as an NFL QB plain and simple!!! Terrible accuracy, awful footwork, no demonstrated ability read NFL defenses, Slow windup delivery, and he can't even take a basic snap under center....The guy is a mess and a major project on the NFL level. No need an any further discussion with you Teblow heads....You all are smitten. :worthy:

Time will tell who's right. In the interim, continue your romantic assessment of him....LOL

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

My assessment of Teblow has nothing to do with liking him or not....I only go by what I see based on Football. I think he's a great person. He sucks as an NFL QB plain and simple!!! Terrible accuracy, awful footwork, no demonstrated ability read NFL defenses, Slow windup delivery, and he can't even take a basic snap under center....The guy is a mess and a major project on the NFL level. No need an any further discussion with you Teblow heads....You all are smitten. :worthy:

Time will tell who's right. In the interim, continue your romantic assessment of him....LOL

Is that you again, Alicia? :w00t:

Brady Quinn 'best' boyfriend but not starting Broncos QB

You know, I would make a better NFL QB than what you just described. You probably would too for that matter.

And I'm curious where you are getting your information from. Are you sleeping with a Broncos scout?

Brady Quinn will be an NFL journeyman at best.....Has nothing to do with my assessment of Teblow.

You still haven't offered any reasons why He'll be successful as an NFL QB....because you can't!!!

You know, I would make a better NFL QB than what you just described. You probably would too for that matter.

And I'm curious where you are getting your information from. Are you sleeping with a Broncos scout?

I'm getting my info from actually watching him play in the NFL....I was actually at an game in Denver this pre-season and at a Broncos training camp session to watch him perform. I have additionally seen him play NFL games via Sunday Ticket.

He has a long long way to go. I agree with naming him starting QB at this juncture because the Broncos aren't going anywhere this year with Orton.

They may as well play Teblow for the rest of the year to see what he is. Not to mention playing him gives them a much better chance of landing Andrew Luck.

If they do get the #1 pick next year....Your boy Teblow will be outright released....Luck would be their new Franchise QB . Elway and John Fox would be doing the happy dance!!!

Stop quoting his college statistics...They are meaningless!!! I repeat meaningless!!! Ty Detmer was a prolific record setting Heisman award winning college QB too...didn't mean didly poo!!! He was an NFL journeyman. You Teblow heads keep quoting his college accomplishments because that's all you have....Give a compelling argument and line of reasoning why his skill set translates to that of a successful NFL QB...bet none of you can w/o quoting meaningless college stats!!! I'll be waiting.

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/32644346

Are you screaming and stamping your feet too? Aren't college statistics and performance the exact thing that has everyone sporting wood over Andrew Luck.....the guy who puts up big numbers against some pretty piss-poor PAC 12 teams? I think Luck is actually a good QB prospect, but you can't sit there and get all dreamy eyed over Luck when his only body of work has been in college.....yes college, which apparently is meaningless....I repeat, meaningless.....except that it is exactly what every draft board is based on.

Brady Quinn will be an NFL journeyman at best.....Has nothing to do with my assessment of Teblow.

You still haven't offered any reasons why He'll be successful as an NFL QB....because you can't!!!

I'm getting my info from actually watching him play in the NFL....I was actually at an game in Denver this pre-season and at a Broncos training camp session to watch him perform. I have additionally seen him play NFL games via Sunday Ticket.

He has a long long way to go. I agree with naming him starting QB at this juncture because the Broncos aren't going anywhere this year with Orton.

They may as well play Teblow for the rest of the year to see what he is. Not to mention playing him gives them a much better chance of landing Andrew Luck.

If they do get the #1 pick next year....Your boy Teblow will be outright released....Luck would be their new Franchise QB . Elway and John Fox would be doing the happy dance!!!

You would be taken more seriously (slightly more) if you didn't resort to calling him a stupid, childish (read: seminole) name. His name is Tebow, try showing some class or just act like an educated human.

Are you screaming and stamping your feet too? Aren't college statistics and performance the exact thing that has everyone sporting wood over Andrew Luck.....the guy who puts up big numbers against some pretty piss-poor PAC 12 teams? I think Luck is actually a good QB prospect, but you can't sit there and get all dreamy eyed over Luck when his only body of work has been in college.....yes college, which apparently is meaningless....I repeat, meaningless.....except that it is exactly what every draft board is based on.

You would be taken more seriously (slightly more) if you didn't resort to calling him a stupid, childish (read: seminole) name. His name is Tebow, try showing some class or just act like an educated human.

Frankly, I don't care whether you take me seriously. I know his name, but I'm just tweaking the TT lovers by making fun of his name. Read the substance of what I'm saying and ignore the deliberate misspelling. Peace.

I feel Tebow is a lot like Big Ben. He is mobile and can beat would be sacks with strength or mobilty. I honeslty think Big Ben hurts his team by holding the ball too long though. People talk about Tebows motion but what about Cutler Favre and Rivers, they all throw similiar. I will say Tebows motion is slower than those three tho. He is also a great running back and can be used as one - which is just another element that can make his life as a QB easier.

Frankly, I don't care whether you take me seriously. I know his name, but I'm just tweaking the TT lovers by making fun of his name. Read the substance of what I'm saying and ignore the deliberate misspelling. Peace.

Message boards are for discussions. What you have just posted basically amounts to admitting that you are trolling. Your substance is all opinion and any facts brought into the conversation are instantly dismissed because...well, you don't like them. Would you like me to post stats from Tebow's NFL play? They still won't support your argument. Add to that your silly name calling and you simply sound like a hater. I would be more than happy to post relevant NFL stats comparing Tebow's first three starts to many other successful NFL QBs....and believe me, they support Tebow.

Past success is generally the best predictor of future success. And since almost every single player in the NFL is drafted based on college performance, and i am simply spit-balling here, I am guessing that college performance has some amount of value.

Edited by Garranimal

Message boards are for discussions. What you have just posted basically amounts to admitting that you are trolling. Your substance is all opinion and any facts brought into the conversation are instantly dismissed because...well, you don't like them. Would you like me to post stats from Tebow's NFL play? They still won't support your argument. Add to that your silly name calling and you simply sound like a hater. I would be more than happy to post relevant NFL stats comparing Tebow's first three starts to many other successful NFL QBs....and believe me, they support Tebow.

Past success is generally the best predictor of future success. And since almost every single player in the NFL is drafted based on college performance, and i am simply spit-balling here, I am guessing that college performance has some amount of value.

QB College stats are only one small part of evaluating NFL potential. If you look at the Florida numbers only and collegiate accolades, he would have been the #1 overall pick in the draft last year....His skill set simply did not warrant that consideration. I believe that ultimately all of his flaws will be exposed in the NFL game and he'll continue to struggle mightily. The more film that opposing teams get on him...the more he'll have problems.

TT lovers always resort to calling someone a "hater" if they don't worship at the altar of the anointed one. As for your trolling accusation....LOL hardly.

Like I said before...Time will ultimately tell who's right in this debate....We'll see.

If he proves to be a long term successful winning QB, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong and take a big big of that crow sandwich......Not expecting that to happen.

QB College stats are only one small part of evaluating NFL potential. If you look at the Florida numbers only and collegiate accolades, he would have been the #1 overall pick in the draft last year....His skill set simply did not warrant that consideration. I believe that ultimately all of his flaws will be exposed in the NFL game and he'll continue to struggle mightily. The more film that opposing teams get on him...the more he'll have problems.

TT lovers always resort to calling someone a "hater" if they don't worship at the altar of the anointed one. As for your trolling accusation....LOL hardly.

Like I said before...Time will ultimately tell who's right in this debate....We'll see.

If he proves to be a long term successful winning QB, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong and take a big big of that crow sandwich......Not expecting that to happen.

Uh, you got called a hater because you continue to call tebow a derogatory name....its that simple. And admitting to using that name to try and antagonize Tebow fans is actually the definition of trolling. Damn it, i hate when facts get in the way of a good back peddle.

Uh, you got called a hater because you continue to call tebow a derogatory name....its that simple. And admitting to using that name to try and antagonize Tebow fans is actually the definition of trolling. Damn it, i hate when facts get in the way of a good back peddle.

That's your definition....Have at it Teblow lover!!!