DE Mark Anderson in Buffalo (SIGNED)

SKRAAPY

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jags take Lee Evans to Metro Diner

[Look at reader post at end of article.]

Not exactly the Mario Williams treatment.

That pick Buddy got is looking better and better

How fast and far has he fallen, he is a year removed from being one of the highest paid Buffalo athletes and #1 receiver, to now being the guy who dropped the TD pass and not even being a blip on the free agency radar.

How fast and far has he fallen, he is a year removed from being one of the highest paid Buffalo athletes and #1 receiver, to now being the guy who dropped the TD pass and not even being a blip on the free agency radar.

But...but...he clears one side of the field... :ph34r:

What would Anderson cost us roughly? And would it hurt the cap enough to prevent us from paying rookies or signing other FA's?

If he is signed, the Bills would likely release Dwan Edwards to offset the cap hit....IMO.

Seriously.

This is a big time free agent we're bringing in and all you guys can do is try to one up each other with jokes about how little we care about him vs. Mario Williams?

I got news for you. This may not be as huge of a signing as Mario Williams. But landing a 20 something year old pass rusher coming off a double digit sack season is about as big as some teams can get in FA. Add in the fact that we already have Mario and this would be HUGE.

But, of course, continue on with the ridiculousness.

Totally agree I just hope if we do get him we don't overspend...he hasnt been the most consistent pass rusher over the years and we still need money to keep Levitre and Byrd for a while (plus the draft picks). If we're getting rid of players that dont fit scheme like maybe Edwards doesn't and that frees up space then ya lets do it (still not for too much though)

If he is signed, the Bills would likely release Dwan Edwards to offset the cap hit....IMO.

I think Dwan will be gone regardless, but releasing him would offset a decent amount of the cap hit from Anderson, imo.

Edited by NickelCity

He will cost more then dean...I would think?

Do you mean Dwan? Dwan Edwards?

I am not expert on the nuances of salary vs salary cap Sports City reports that his salary next year is $2.6 million but his cap # is $5.1. Not sure what we get back if he's cut.

Same source has Spencer Johnson one of the higher-paid players at $3 million. Kelsay is $2 million with a cap hit of $4.2 million (same source)

If we can save a significant bit of that and sign Anderson, I think Edwards and Johnson are gone.

Guys, take the humor and light-heartedness over to pixyland.org. This board is for Serious Football Analysis by Serious Fans only. It doesn't matter how giddy you're feeling over what could turn out to be one of the Bills' best offseasons ever.

That said, depth and talent. Keep adding it. Anderson's met with three other teams already, obviously hasn't committed, and we might have the most exciting defenseive situation of all for him. Yeah, Baltimore's good, but they ain't getting any younger.

Stupid Bills, always behind the curve. If Ralph weren't so cheap he would just purchase the cloning technology and we could have had six Kelsays by now.

Maybe one of the Kelsay's could actually get to a QB....rim shot....

Totally agree I just hope if we do get him we don't overspend...he hasnt been the most consistent pass rusher over the years and we still need money to keep Levitre and Byrd for a while (plus the draft picks). If we're getting rid of players that dont fit scheme like maybe Edwards doesn't and that frees up space then ya lets do it (still not for too much though)

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/3/21/2889471/mark-anderson-mario-williams-bills-free-agents-2012

Apparently, we're one of FIVE teams interested. If we want to do this, I have a feeling it's going to cost a bit. But we were willing to pay a decent amount for Meachem before he left town; so give him Meachem's deal!

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2012/3/21/2889471/mark-anderson-mario-williams-bills-free-agents-2012

Apparently, we're one of FIVE teams interested. If we want to do this, I have a feeling it's going to cost a bit. But we were willing to pay a decent amount for Meachem before he left town; so give him Meachem's deal!

Can he play WR? Otherwise that makes no sense to me.

Can he play WR? Otherwise that makes no sense to me.

How does this make no sense? Our pass rush was abysmal last year....Merriman is done, Kelsay is garbage and Dareus had a decent year until he ran out of gas. We need a true 4-3 DE and Anderson is it. With his addition we take the best LT or WR available at 10.