Trayvon Martin Case

fjl2nd

How can you be sure he is getting off "scott-free" or that he doesn't deserve to? We have nothing but circumstantial evidence and very dubious interviews. Zimmerman should get off "scott-free" until he is proven guilty. That is how our system is supposed to work.

Or fairly not charged because of a lack of evidence or enough evidence that the state believes that it has no case.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Or fairly not charged because of a lack of evidence or enough evidence that the state believes that it has no case.

Yep. I think what is lost in the bickering over the case is that both sides (however partisan they seem) feel for the Martin family and their loss. I don't think either side agrees with what the Black Panthers are doing.

If the police did anything improper, they should pay for it- but it appears that they did everything they were supposed to do.

For all the people screaming about a hate crime- it has to be a crime, first.

Yep. I think what is lost in the bickering over the case is that both sides (however partisan they seem) feel for the Martin family and their loss. I don't think either side agrees with what the Black Panthers are doing.

If the police did anything improper, they should pay for it- but it appears that they did everything they were supposed to do.

For all the people screaming about a hate crime- it has to be a crime, first.

You've made a good point or two. This should not be a partisan issue. What is telling though is that the libs were all out for a figurative lynching of Zimmerman, while the conservatives were suggesting a "wait and see" approach. The libs got their panties all in a wad and stuck in their vag's while we let our boxers just hang with it.

Amazing how much oxygen given to this case.

Oxygen is not enough. There is dynamite, tnt, hydrogen...

It is not that amazing, though. Somehow? Obama got ahold of it and every single person knows about it. From teens to seniors and EVERYONE has an opinion. For that - its a polarizing issue that also fits in a racial circumstance. In the end of the day this is and always will be a tragedy for humanity.

Oxygen is not enough. There is dynamite, tnt, hydrogen...

It is not that amazing, though. Somehow? Obama got ahold of it and every single person knows about it. From teens to seniors and EVERYONE has an opinion. For that - its a polarizing issue that also fits in a racial circumstance. In the end of the day this is and always will be a tragedy for humanity.

A tragedy for humanity? 50 million lost their lives in WW two. This compares? Good Lord.

A tragedy for humanity? 50 million lost their lives in WW two. This compares? Good Lord.

Hey, he was a black cherubic kid killed by a white-hispanic, bells should ring. If he was a white kid killed by a black-hispanic then, warm up the chair. If he was a black kid killed by a black kid................I don't know, that's not newsworthy.

Hey, he was a black cherubic kid killed by a white-hispanic, bells should ring. If he was a white kid killed by a black-hispanic then, warm up the chair. If he was a black kid killed by a black kid................I don't know, that's not newsworthy.

Or I need to pull out my handkerchief, Cry and call racism. Damn this progressive thing is so easy! Just yell racism! End of argument.

If he was a black kid killed by a black kid................I don't know, that's not newsworthy.

That still makes the news here. But our total murder rate averages around 20-25/year. So we'll hear about it for a day or two and then nothing.

EDIT: Here's the latest...

http://www.syracuse.com/news/index.ssf/2012/04/syracuse_police_identify_victi_6.html

I used to live about 4 blocks away from there. Not surprised there was a shooting.

This is a week old, but I hadn't read it yet. Jayson Whitlock, who I really like and respect on racial issues, especially. But this time I don't think he's right at all. He seems to be saying that OJ made MSNBC, and all these networks, and now it's come to roost. That he was convicted by Geraldo and Company every night.

I really don't think it was on every night because he was black. I think it was on every night because the country had never had a more famous and beloved person accused of murder:

Whitlock

Was Marisa Tomei as hot in person as she looks on screen? Of course in 20 years there may have been some changes.

She still looked good in The Wrestler, where she showed us the sweater puppies.

Or I need to pull out my handkerchief, Cry and call racism. Damn this progressive thing is so easy! Just yell racism! End of argument.

You can also claim that whatever you're doing, you are doing for the children and then you can ask other people if they want to be part of the solution or part of the problem

This is a week old, but I hadn't read it yet. Jayson Whitlock, who I really like and respect on racial issues, especially. But this time I don't think he's right at all. He seems to be saying that OJ made MSNBC, and all these networks, and now it's come to roost. That he was convicted by Geraldo and Company every night.

I really don't think it was on every night because he was black. I think it was on every night because the country had never had a more famous and beloved person accused of murder:

Whitlock

I think he's partially right. The OJ case did create the 24x7 crime-and-punishment media monster; I don't think there's any question that the country/media paid a lot more attention to the case than if would have if Pete Rose or Bruce Jenner had carved up their wife and boyfriend (but feel free to do so at any time now Mr. Jenner). OJ was the perfect storm of race, celebrity and crime, the crown jewels of American cultural stupidity.

But his justification of the left wing media's dishonesty (basically 'revenge for OJ') and his assertion that the media monster was created to satisfy the blood lust of NRA nuts is laughably stupid. You can argue the chicken and the egg between rise of cable newsertainment and the stupidity of Americans, but IIRC, it was mostly housewives who were glued to OJ coverage on cable TV, and certainly a higher % of blacks than whites followed the case closely.

p.s. And of course he doesn't call out Obama for his pathetic contribution to the mob mentality he professes to despise.

You've made a good point or two. This should not be a partisan issue. What is telling though is that the libs were all out for a figurative lynching of Zimmerman, while the conservatives were suggesting a "wait and see" approach. The libs got their panties all in a wad and stuck in their vag's while we let our boxers just hang with it.

Way to keep it from becoming a partisan issue. :lol:

Selective memory. I've seen plenty of recent photos on the news the last few days.

I caught a few seconds of "CBS This Morning" and Martin's parents were on. And wouldn't you know it, they STILL had that picture of him when he was 13. Why? Why not a baby picture of him?

Way to keep it from becoming a partisan issue. :lol:

Facts are facts. Name me one person that had called for George Zimmerman's head that isn't liberal. Name me one conservative that didn't call for restraint. I was just pointing out that the lines were drawn in a partisan fashion.