Trayvon Martin Case

fjl2nd

Tardfest 2012 continues. Why am I not surprised. You libs haven't had one intelligent comment to make in this entire thread, I don't expect you to start now. I'd love for just one of you to give some explanation of events that would lead to an indictment or invoke "stand your ground" that didn't come directly out of your asses. Until then I'm through with this thread.

And that's cute that you have my quote in you sig line. I notice the guy it was directed at has changed his tune a bit since learning the facts and thus relieved himself of the burden of hari kari. I really do appreciate your faux outrage, but let's be real. When you guys are willing to jump in head first with the lynch mob who is actively destroying a man's real life based on a whim and an assumption, without the slightest concern for collateral violence that may grow out of it, let's not pretend some hyperbolic rhetoric on my part is somehow offensive.

You've lost the moral high ground from which to cast down your righteous indignation.

And get your own !@#$ing avatar

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I almost spit my coffee out on my keyboard I was laughing so hard when I read this. I love how you keep referring to the "lynch mob" straw man.

And when you suggest that others should kill themselves you've lost the moral high ground from which to cast down your righteous indignation.

Please...if you're going to describe Martin, do it accurately.

Martin wasn't walking home from the corner store. He was skipping. Yeah, that's right. He was skipping while singing a Disney song...something like "Zippety Doo-Dah," but nothing that racist. And he was holding a stuffed manatee doll in one hand, some Skittles in another, and was eager to tell his friends about getting his first Webelos badge after standing directly next to Barack Obama while he signed the Affordable Care Act into law, which saved every elderly persons from certain Republican death.

Oh, and remember...Martin wasn't "most likely approached," but viciously hunted down and murdered in cold blood. We know this is true because we have a bunch of colored congresspeople telling us so.

Once the racial undertones have been removed from the case you no longer have an argument and this is the garbage argument you have to resort to.

So it's an obvious hate crime because we don't really know what happened?

I believe I have already stated I no longer believe this was a hate crime, but a crime of stupidity.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You must be forgetting the part where I said "given the evidence that we currently have". I did not convict him. You're putting words in my mouth so you can attack a straw man because that all you have in this argument.

We all have a right to a fair trial. Calling for further investigation is not conviction. See what happened when we investigated further? More facts came out to suggest this was not something that was racially motivated. Now the NBP and Jessie look like fools since they won't let the racial undertones drop.

So everytime you called him a cold blooded killer that chased Martin down and killed him you prefaced it with "given the evidence that we currently have"?

See what happened when we investigated further? All of this evidence that leads you to believe that this wasn't racially motivated was available to the police some time ago. It was investigated. Now it's being reinvestigated because of the hue and cry of alarmists and race baiters.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I almost spit my coffee out on my keyboard I was laughing so hard when I read this. I love how you keep referring to the "lynch mob" straw man.

And when you suggest that others should kill themselves you've lost the moral high ground from which to cast down your righteous indignation.

relieved himself of the burden of hari kari

Is suggesting others kill themselves? Keep flaping in thin air. This is a classic melt down.

You're absolutely running away with the "PPP Idiot of the Day" award. Congratulations.

At least they aren't alone, "Jump to Conclusions" guy. But hey, you're backpeddling a bit so you only look like a majority dufus, instead of a total one. Big win there.

Do you guys have anything other than straw man arguments?

relieved himself of the burden of hari kari

Is suggesting others kill themselves? Keep flaping in thin air. This is a classic melt down.

No, suggesting that someone do the world a favor and kill themself is suggesting that others should kill themselves.

You're absolutely running away with the "PPP Idiot of the Day" award. Congratulations.

At least they aren't alone, "Jump to Conclusions" guy. But hey, you're backpeddling a bit so you only look like a majority dufus, instead of a total one. Big win there.

Actually, I think BF-squared looks like an even bigger doofus. He's not backpeddling, he's denying he ever said things he actually said.

Anyone know when the NAACP is going to get around to changing their name to the NAAAAP?

If they were really smart, they'd simultaneously change the first word from "National" to "American" and they'd be like one of the very first names you'd see in the Yellow Pages.

No, suggesting that someone do the world a favor and kill themself is suggesting that others should kill themselves.

So, when this news story first broke I suggested caution. Several of you guys were calling Zimmerman a racist cold blooded killer. You were sucked right into the media hype. Even as the story seemed to unfold more and more in Zimmerman's favor, you guys stuck to it as I and others here suggested letting it play out. I accused you guys of a figurative lynching because you guys were sticking to your original hype. Eventually you guys came around somewhat to the idea that it might not be racial but still want to stick to the story that Zimmerman chased Martin down and confronted him. Zimmerman has a plausible story and the evidence seems to back it up. I still say we don't know but partial details. Now, where is my straw man argument?

Actually, I think BF-squared looks like an even bigger doofus. He's not backpeddling, he's denying he ever said things he actually said.

Ten days ago:

That Zimmerman outweighed the kid Trayvon by 100 pounds and he went out to chase him down and kill him in cold blood because of the fact he was a racist.

Today:

I never said anything but that it should be investigated further.

In all seriousness, I obviously don't want Janicks to actually commit suicide (although somehow I think I could get over it). However, I do sincerely hope that one day you guys find yourselves in George Zimmerman's shoes and people who know nothing about you or the facts of your case project their prejudices on you, the way all of you have him, without even considering the possibility that they could be wrong.

However, I do sincerely hope that one day you guys find yourselves in George Zimmerman's shoes and people who know nothing about you or the facts of your case project their prejudices on you, the way all of you have him, without even considering the possibility that they could be wrong.

That happened to me once. My friend and I were driving through Alabama and got pulled over because a car that looked like ours was witnessed at a murder scene. We were pretty scared, especially when we realized the judge for our case was Herman Munster. Fortunately my cousin, Tommy DeVito, was able to get the case dropped.

But I know what Zimmerman is going through. Well, except for having the Black Panthers offer $10,000 to have me killed. But other than that...

That happened to me once. My friend and I were driving through Alabama and got pulled over because a car that looked like ours was witnessed at a murder scene. We were pretty scared, especially when we realized the judge for our case was Herman Munster. Fortunately my cousin, Tommy DeVito, was able to get the case dropped.

But I know what Zimmerman is going through. Well, except for having the Black Panthers offer $10,000 to have me killed. But other than that...

Was Marisa Tomei as hot in person as she looks on screen? Of course in 20 years there may have been some changes.

Based on what you've said I can say with 100% certainty that if you were black you'd be under the jail right now. I'm smart like that.

You're absolutely right that does sound ridiculous. Considering that Martin left his house to go buy an ice tea and a bag of skittles and Zimmerman left his car with intent to follow.

I don't think a murder charge would be correct charge. Manslaughter with depraved indifference would be a better charge. Zimmerman did not get out of his car or follow Martin for the purpose of killing him and therefore should not be charged with murder.

I am not suggesting that Zimmerman didn't have a right to self defense but that he escalated the situation by getting out of his car and following Martin into the side yard. He claims that Martin assaulted him and we know of one eye witness that corroborates his story.

Intent to follow? This just get's better and better.

So, when this news story first broke I suggested caution. Several of you guys were calling Zimmerman a racist cold blooded killer. You were sucked right into the media hype. Even as the story seemed to unfold more and more in Zimmerman's favor, you guys stuck to it as I and others here suggested letting it play out. I accused you guys of a figurative lynching because you guys were sticking to your original hype. Eventually you guys came around somewhat to the idea that it might not be racial but still want to stick to the story that Zimmerman chased Martin down and confronted him. Zimmerman has a plausible story and the evidence seems to back it up. I still say we don't know but partial details. Now, where is my straw man argument?

Don't forget the town's "history of racism" as part of the rationale. That was one of my all time favorites.

Do you ever post anything that isn't blindly stupid?

I am not suggesting that Zimmerman didn't have a right to self defense but that he escalated the situation by getting out of his car and following Martin into the side yard. He claims that Martin assaulted him and we know of one eye witness that corroborates his story.

I can't believe I missed this post. This is fantastic. So you are conceding that he had a right to self-defense?

I can't believe I missed this post. This is fantastic. So you are conceding that he had a right to self-defense?

No, he didn't. Because it was a racially motivated killing.

Or something.

Personally, I think Zimmerman had a sugar craving, and Martin was killed for his Skittles.

I want to be so done with this case. But, I can already tell Zimmerman is going to get off scott-free and not facing any repercussions for killing a young man who happened to look "suspicious" while walking to get snacks. We can argue as much as we want about this case. But the facts are this: Trayvon was going to and returning from a store that day. He was never intending to rob anyone or "attack" anyone. Zimmerman got over-aggressive in his neighborhood watch and somebody died. Sad to see.

How can you be sure he is getting off "scott-free" or that he doesn't deserve to? We have nothing but circumstantial evidence and very dubious interviews. Zimmerman should get off "scott-free" until he is proven guilty. That is how our system is supposed to work.