New Draft Strategy?

RyanC883

BPA. It's not that complicated. The Bills will not reach for a need. They need playmakers.

GO BILLS!!!

Pretty much this. People are getting into specifics throwing names around. It's simple though. Draft the BPA and let him make plays.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That could be but, Im cautiously optimistic about Hairston. Most players make thir biggest improvements between thier first and second year.

I like Harriston -- just not as a LT. I think he will be a fantastic RT in the league and is capable of playing LT in a pinch, making him valuable. But I wouldn't want to go into the season with him as the LT and a rookie 3rd round (or lower) LT as his only back up. We saw what happened last year when you ignore the depth along the line.

That could be but, Im cautiously optimistic about Hairston. Most players make thir biggest improvements between thier first and second year.

Everyone said he would be a RT coming into and out of the draft. He still looks better suited to that for me. And Pears is mediocre; hope they didn't give him that much cuz Hairston should probably take his job this year.

It's 100% going to be LT, unless they don't add any depth at WR. You simply can't spend this much money on upgrading the defense only to couple that defense with the same offense from last season. The Bills need a deep threat badly, and if one of the burners is on the board in the 1st round..well...you never know. There will be LT depth in the second. Personally, I think Manningham could be the guy, and think he is the best option at this point. Just remember with Manningham, he sometimes disappears. He's a tiny guy, and while he has burner speed, he had an amazing QB throwing him the ball.

As it stands now, the guy with the most pressure on him is Fitzpatrick, not Mario. Signing Mario to this type of contract kind of said - this is where we are investing our money bc we don't need to spend it on a QB.

You've gotta at least consider DB. Houston had a great defensive line up through 2010, but they couldn't cover anyone and were horrible as a result. Once they got Jonathan Joseph, things changed. That said, the Bills CB cupboard isn't as bare as the Texans' was. Otherwise, LT.

Lt all the way. Jonathan martin. rounds 2-4 need to be an OLB, CB, DE, and big receiver in no particular order.

+1

I've seen some reports that rate Mike Adams - Ohio St., ahead of Martin. LT would seem to be the weakest link now although getting another impact defensive player would be an inticing move.

The low sack total allowed by the Bills O-line last season was a result of the offensive system rather than an indication of solid line play. In order to take the offense to the next level, one where it can dictate the play to the opposing defense, we've got to get the size and skill upfront. The interior 3 look to be pretty solid but setting the edge with a good LT will lead to a lot more points on the board.

You've gotta at least consider DB. Houston had a great defensive line up through 2010, but they couldn't cover anyone and were horrible as a result. Once they got Jonathan Joseph, things changed. That said, the Bills CB cupboard isn't as bare as the Texans' was. Otherwise, LT.

Houston never had a great D Line. They drafted Watt and Reed this year, and Connor Barwin came into to his own in Wade's D and the made a huge difference.

If Ingram or Coples is there you draft them. Look at what the Giants have done with an amazing pass rush.

That's what I'm thinking. Amazing pass rush=better play from other positions. Although I'm not sure I'd want Coples.

Thats where we disagree. Outside of Kalil there is no sure franchise LT in this draft. In other words from what I've seen of them theres not much of a difference between, Reiff, MAretin, or McCants,Datko.

Buddy disagrees with you.

And seeing how he has yet to posture and not follow thru, LT is the pick. No question.

He has stated more then a few times that he does not like the DE class for the first round.

And that he like the 4 tackles. Kalil was number one, but their were three others he mentioned and on ein particular. I think Adams was one Buddy really liked. It was reported Buddy was at Ohio States pro day to watch Adams. Correct me if i am wrong? Was it Martin? or Reiff?

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

I think, if the front 7 can pressure the QB in the way we expect (and listen Mario is only one player, everyone else is going to need to stay healthy and play better football than last season if they want to be successful), but if they do generate the type of pressure they need, our DBs will look pretty good. Williams showed a lot of promise and while McKelvin has been so-so, I still think that he can be good in the right defense. Plus, don't forget, Jarius Byrd has the chance to shine in this system as well. the big thing for me is, how will these LBs adapt.

The needs of the top ten teams will shift after free agency, and one of the really elite guys might fall to 10. Regardless of position, I think they would select a guy like that(except Richardson). I think they have a handful of guys at different positions, that they will select from, as opposed to "the best LT that falls to us".

Edited by Matthews' Bag