The future of the Colts?

This is not a Manning thread but a thread about the Colts after Manning. I don't think their future looks bright at all.

Here's why:

Before Polian came to town and Manning soon followed the Irsay's were seen as one of the league's worst owners. I'm not saying Polian is perfect but I am saying Irsay has something to prove without him.

Look at what will likely be his first move post Polian/Manning:

The apple won't fall far from the tree

The fact is that not one proven loser's son EVER became a good NFL QB. Heck, Gale Gilbert's kid was supposed to be all that and I think he is now paying for his Texas education by being a busboy at the cafeteria.

Now take into account that they will probably lose Mathis, Garcon and some others and have all of that money tied up in a crappy rookie QB and play in a pretty small market and you have a recipe for a team that will soon be moving.

Sprinkle in a GM with no experience and you are hopeless.

This only loosely relates to the Bills in that it helps keep them out of LA. I don't think they were going anyway. Also, I am wondering if there is anyone of value on Indy's roster that we could seek in a trade. Any decent LB's? We might as well get them if we can.

the colts ain't going anywhere...

yes they are in full blown rebuilding mode....

Polian had em in cap jail....and it will take time to clean house and start over.

don't be surprised if the colts are close to picking #1 again in 2013.

This is not a Manning thread but a thread about the Colts after Manning. I don't think their future looks bright at all.

Here's why:

Before Polian came to town and Manning soon followed the Irsay's were seen as one of the league's worst owners. I'm not saying Polian is perfect but I am saying Irsay has something to prove without him.

The fact is that not one proven loser's son EVER became a good NFL QB. Heck, Gale Gilbert's kid was supposed to be all that and I think he is now paying for his Texas education by being a busboy at the cafeteria.

Now take into account that they will probably lose Mathis, Garcon and some others and have all of that money tied up in a crappy rookie QB and play in a pretty small market and you have a recipe for a team that will soon be moving.

This only loosely relates to the Bills in that it helps keep them out of LA. I don't think they were going anyway. Also, I am wondering if there is anyone of value on Indy's roster that we could seek in a trade. Any decent LB's? We might as well get them if we can.

Your analysis is good but a little off. The colts will be in Jacksonville in a few years following these moves:

The Rams will move to LA

The jags plan a move to St Louis but at the last minute they also go to LA

Then LA becomes the only city with 3 NFL teams when the Vikings move there

In another shocking move the Bills move to LA also

Finally to get to warmer digs the horse shoes pull out of Indy and move to Jacksonville.

The Colts will be spending the next couple years getting their financial house in order.

They are in cap hell with big contracts and lots of future dead money.

The bigger deal though will be Irsay successfully defeating the state's pressure to redo the LOS lease. The state wants better terms and is willing to put the screws to Irsay to get it done.

Irsay is the poster boy for soaking the taxpayer for sports venues.

The Colts will be spending the next couple years getting their financial house in order.

They are in cap hell with big contracts and lots of future dead money.

The bigger deal though will be Irsay successfully defeating the state's pressure to redo the LOS lease. The state wants better terms and is willing to put the screws to Irsay to get it done.

Irsay is the poster boy for soaking the taxpayer for sports venues.

What better taxpayers to soak than those of LA County?

What better taxpayers to soak than those of LA County?

Irsay not only got a ridiculously accommodating and lucrative lease with Indiana but also got the taxpayers to buy out $48 million from his lease with the Hoosier/RCA Dome. On top of that, it was discovered after that deal had been executed, the taxpayers were on the hook for $70 more million in unpaid construction costs of the Dome going back to it's construction in 1984. With no lease payments coming from Irsay, taxpayers ate the entirety of that found cost.

New crew in charge in Indiana and they want some changes. Those changes would impact Irsay's already tenuous ability to pay.

Irsay not only got a ridiculously accommodating and lucrative lease with Indiana but also got the taxpayers to buy out $48 million from his lease with the Hoosier/RCA Dome. On top of that, it was discovered after that deal had been executed, the taxpayers were on the hook for $70 more million in unpaid construction costs of the Dome going back to it's construction in 1984. With no lease payments coming from Irsay, taxpayers ate the entirety of that found cost.

New crew in charge in Indiana and they want some changes. Those changes would impact Irsay's already tenuous ability to pay.

Dude I live in Indiana. Trust me, I know.

Irsay aspires to be Danny Snyder or Jerrah Jones, he wants to be better known than any of his players. That aint gonna happen in Indy irregardless of the number of twits that he posts. He definitely wants the bright lights and big city atmosphere. What better place than LaLaland? He isn't his father, but daddy did pull up steaks a few years ago. Perhaps sunny boy is planning a similar move westward.

too damn funny

A brand new stadium that just hosted a SB and a profitable team (so far) - the NFL will approve the move? Somehow I doubt it.

4 years and 3 wins total from now and you'll be singing another tune.

Here's why:

So good...no one else thinks like you. You cray-cray!

4 years and 3 wins total from now and you'll be singing another tune.

Peyton's Place will forever be cursed for any organization that decides to call it home. It has been foretold, so let it be so. :pirate:

Irsay is modeling his team after the Bills. The Colts swipe the K-gun as their offense, have a big playoff run, say goodbye to their HOF qb, fire Polian, start getting rid of their good players, and so on and so forth. Their playoff drought will become epic. Irsay will become the new Wilson around the league and eventually break his hip.

They could spend this money on lineman?

They need help everywhere, but if they're smart, they'll try and sign every OL they can. The question is, will anyone sign there?

Check out this list of player contracts and notice how many players are FA's in 2012. :o

Edited by Doc

The Colts are just falling in pieces. No Manning, No Wayne, No Garcon, No Saturday, No Anthony Gonzalez, No Mathis. They're even talking about trading Dwight Freeny somewhere else. This season is gonna be a total disaster. The only okay player is Donnie Brown their RB. And let's face it Andrew Luck is going to be Colt at the Draft. So Andrew and Donnie are going to be the only good players. Good LUCK Indianapolis.