Freeney on the outs?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/06/freeney-could-be-out-in-indy-too/

Worth bringing in the veteran pass rusher, or no?

Yes, we should have drafted him years ago. That would have been a nice combo of Freeny and Schoebel. He may be old but he was in the same draft and age as Peppers and I don't think anyone here would be complaining about that.

Buddy won't do it and I wouldn't blame him. Freeny's on the wrong side of 30 and we're a young club. Just when we're ready to contest for the top, he could be done or hurt - and he will certainly be tying-up oodles of cash / cap space.

He was great, but that window is closed in Bflo.

Edited by Never NEVER Give-up

Buddy won't do it and I wouldn't blame him. Freeny's on the wrong side of 30 and we're a young club. Just when we're ready to contest for the top, he could be done or hurt - and he will certainly be tying-up oodles of cash / cap space.

So should the Bills just keep waiting for guys like Carrington, Moats, Merriman & Troup to provide the pass rush that continues to be MIA?

What the hell are the Colts doing?

he has a 19 mil cap number and they just gave Mathis their other DE a big contract

as for the Bills Freeney isnt the type of d-lineman that Wannstadt likes and will prob get a contract that he will never live up to

Def worth bringing in, if the price is right. If some other team sees him as their "missing part" they will overpay for him. He prob has another 1-2 years of his prime left, so it would be worth it, but the contract should ideally be incentive laden. Don't think he would go for that.

This board makes me laugh. The Bills biggest need is pass rusher by far. Yet guys like Mario Williams and Dwight Freeney are available and there's people who want nothing to do with them?!? :wallbash: I'm not saying the Bills could even get these guys, but you'd rather this front office show no interest?!? I don't get that logic at all

We have oodles of cap space. Part of the reason we have sucked for so long is because we are always "a young team". We need good veteran players. Every team does. If he gave us 2 or 3 solid years, how is that bad? He and Merriman rotating at DE sounds like a pretty lethal combination to me if healthy.

Maybe as a situational pass rusher signed to an incentive laden contract. His game is based on speed and he’s 32 years old now so I’ve got to imagine he’s starting to slow down. Plus, he sucks against the run.

This

as for the Bills Freeney isnt the type of d-lineman that Wannstadt likes and will prob get a contract that he will never live up to

What type of defensive linemen does Wannstedt like?

big name, need to sell tickets...right up there for the bills. I think dwight could have a good two years left in him and bringing him in would be great. He might want to go to a legit contender though at this point in his career to get back on top.